Originally Posted by gewehrfreund
Wayne, thanks for the additional, thorough comments. I am aware that the new 1885/B78 triggers are "adjustable", but that is pretty much a joke when compared with my "real" B78.
It may be just me, but I don't think a rifle in this price range should have to be sent to someone (with a fairly long wait time?) to get a decent trigger. As I said, the JP replacement screw for the newer Highwalls, now long discontinued (I got mine through Brownells) is/was a great, simple and immediate fix for the "one-screw adjustable" triggers.

We'll have to agree to disagree because the original B78 I've worked on had very complicated trigger groups and, although adjustable, were a pain to adjust.

And I've fully evaluated all three trigger modifications for the Browning 1885, J&B trigger kit, McGee modification and Lee Shaver's sear modification. The J&B and McGee limits sear engagement and due to the adjustment requirements can result in an unsafe trigger as the tip of the rifles sear wears.

The Lee Shaver sear modification is a much safer option and the rife is not sent to Lee. Only the trigger, with original factory installed sear, is sent with a very reasonable fee ($35 at the time of this writing). In a week or two, the trigger/sear is returned along with a lighter trigger spring. The trigger/sear is simple to remove and reinstall.

Wayne

NRA & TSRA Lifetime member. NSSF member. Author & Publisher of the Browning 1885 BPCR book.
See www.texas-mac.com