so back this winter i bought a 10/22 set up off this site that was in a bull barrel configuration. i shot it a bit and even though it shot very nice groups i decided i already had a nice range gun in rimfire so was going to turn this one into a nice sporter tree rat whacking rig. i sold the heavy barrel and stock to a member here and i picked up a 20" Green Mountain SS fluted sporter barrel. i had used the same barrel type in a M77/17 hmr i had at one time and really liked the performance i got. then after poking around a few other forums i found someone who had a nice unmolested factory walnut delux sporter stock with some decent figure in the wood for sale. that stock is on its way to me now and by this weekend i should be test driving the set up. the barrel channel will need to be opened ever so slightly for the GM barrel profile but that shouldn't take more than a few min of sanding. I'll eventually slap a 2-7 rimfire scope on it but for now i have an old 3-9 centerfire scope i'll use to get it on paper until the funds replenish. i had a friend who is very experience with the 10/22 (this is my very first one) go through the trigger group and bolt assembly for me. he jeweled the bolt face and rounded off the edges and cleaned the bolt face for me. completely tore down the trigger group and provided me new true size pins that hold the trigger group to the action with no wiggle. the trigger originally had been lightened a lot by the owner before me but since my sons will be shooting this one too i actually had the trigger pull increased to close to 3 lbs. it was easily at 1 lb or less prior to that. anyway after this i'm done with acquiring 22's anymore and will turn my attention to another shotgun or two for the stable. this past year i've acquired several 22's for my sons use and one or two for myself. included but not limited to the recent additions are a Win74, Mossberg 44US(a), Marlin 39A golden Mounty, Remington model 5 and this 10/22. now each of my boys has access to one decent 22 for their use and can keep their mitts off mine. (the 10/22 will be used by all of us but that one will stay with me when they leave.)

Help keep our sport going. take a kid outdoors!