Originally Posted by Steelhead
I'm hoping more people become LE's that don't WANT to be one, but choose to be one.

The only one's that have ever worried me, in many professions, are the ones with a hardon for WHATEVER that job is.

I never intended to become a cop. My course of study was natural resource conservation and Forestry. My Brother in law was a Conservatiok officer and i liked the idea of working outside. The chance came up to attend an academy, a good friend wanted someone to go through it with him...as a 19 year old with a care free attitude I said why not. 8 moths later I graduated and took a part time job with a amall agency to help pay college bills. Then took a second part time job because I began to enjoy the work and helping the communities ai worked in. Took the test for a full time job basically for experience for the test for the state, which was only offered every four years. I ended up getting the job with the dept that I left in Feb. Of this year. I started as a head strong 19 year old and left wondering if i'll ever stop having some of the dreams I have.

I consider my self one of the lucky ones. I was hired essentially out of the cradle, and left young enough to start another career. Sometimes I miss it terribly, but then reality hits and I realize I just miss the idea of the job, not the job itself.

A younger third( maybe fourth) cousin once asked me what all he needed to do to become a cop. I told him to become a paramedic

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell