Come say hello to my little friend. He came to us in the usual way - I merely paid money to secure his release from his former owner in whose eyes he had lost favour. He's a bit of a dark fellow, but then again he was meant to serve on the Dark Continent. His true colour is as dark as a chocolate marble cake. He's that darkly stained.

[Linked Image]

Otto Bock designed this rifle cartridge in 1905 to protect and provide for his fellow Germans living in Africa. His bore is 9.3 and his chambering measures 62mm. So naturally "Spanky" is dressed in a Bavarian style full stock. Yes, I know his name is not very Germanic sounding but I'm sure with his kick will live up to his name. So Spanky he is. He comes with a single set trigger as standard equipment. So you could say he has a frightful temper and a hair trigger.

[Linked Image]

Spanky now wears a NECG peep sight for hunting in thick cover but came with a handy set of 30mm Talley quick release split rings. These will secure a low power scope when the time comes. In the mean time, I'm loading up some personalized fodder [232 grain Oryx] for Spanky to spit out at the range and some deadly 250 grain Barnes TSX bullets should he want to take down even the biggest bears on this continent, or any other continent for that matter.

Spanky behaves more like a fine shotgun in my hands than a rifle. His design enables him to point and swing like a true partner in the dance of life we call hunting.

Regards, B. wink wink

Last edited by olgrouser; 05/11/15.

"Rhetoric is no substitute for reality." -Thomas Sowell