In another thread I mentioned that my Glock 43 did not like feeding from slide lock using the slide lock lever. It works fine using the sling shot. When cleaning the gun I noticed that the copper jacketing was transferring to the ramp mostly on the left side. When I shot the gun today, I noticed that the ejector was depressing the top cartridge and causing a reorientation of the nose of the top round to the left. The orientation of the top cartridge of the flat base magazine was more pronounced. (Both magazines have the same part number on the back (33388), so the floor plate appears to be the only difference.)

Here is a picture of the back of the barrel. It is a bad cell phone picture, but you can see that the transfer is trending mostly to the left.

[Linked Image]

Here are pictures with the flat base magazine, one with the slide on and one with the slide off.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Here are the pictures with the extended base magazine, one with the slide on and one with the slide off. There is a very slight canting of the nose to the left.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

I took some videos showing the action of the rounds when seating both magazines, but I did not upload them.

By the end of my session the orientation of the top round of the flat base magazine had improved to about like the magazine with the extension most of the time.

I also had another instance when the magazine unseated itself after chambering the first round. This time it happened with the extended base magazine, while using the sling shot method from slide lock. It happened once before with the flat base magazine after feeding from slide lock using the slide lock lever. One other time it happened with the extended base magazine in the middle of a string, but I cannot remember the shot number. This bothers me more than having to use the sling shot.

I will keep shooting the gun, but I figured some of you folks could check yours as well to see if this is a "feature" of the firearm.

"Don't believe everything you see on the Internet" - Abraham Lincoln