I've got a 2004 F250 regular cab that I love very dearly. It's about as stripped down as you can get, 6sp manual, rubber floors, crank windows, dang thing don't even have door pockets. I think the only option it was ordered with was 4x4. Anyways it's a great truck, rides okay, drives good, I get 19mpg highway out of the 5.4, and most importantly it's mine. I payed cash and I don't owe anyone anything. It's got 101k on the clock and doesn't use any oil to speak of so I'd really like to keep it an put another 100k on it. Trouble is that it doesn't have AC and I'm probably going to be in a situation soon where that would be a huge problem.

Has anyone ever retrofitted an AC system to something like this? Is it even possible? And any ballpark idea what it might cost me to have it put in if it is possible?

I went shopping for a new to me pickup a couple times and finding a 3/4ton 4x4 that either doesn't have 200k on the odometer, isn't a diesel, or isn't 30 grand is tough these days. The ones I've found that are in my budget and don't have a zillion miles on them are either beater work trucks, or don't have AC! The search continues but it would be nice to be able to sink a grand into the one I have and just keep it.

Last edited by TheKid; 05/15/15.