Originally Posted by Mike_S
Originally Posted by Pappy348
Or skip the fire and veggies and just bury it.

Kinda like the recipe for planked bluefish: Nail a big bluefish filet to a hardwood plank, season with salt, pepper, lemon, and butter. Place upright next to a good bed of hot coals. When the fish begins to flake, throw it away and eat the plank.

I have eaten one woodchuck roasted with barbecue sauce that was delicious. It was prepared by a southern family down the street.

I will say bluefish that is promptly bled, dressed and iced, especially smaller harbor blues (less than 3 or 4 pounds) are delicious as well.
Pretty much any fish caught and left out without proper dressing and icing tastes awful.

The bluefish recipe was a joke. I actually like it pretty well, even the big ones. During the 70s, there was a peak in the bluefish cycle and we really used to hammer them in the Chesapeake. My uncles had an old 26' Trojan that we rebuilt from the gunnels up (also the transom). We ran out of Bert Lamb's in Chesapeake Beach and generally trolled homemade surgical hose eels for the blues. The most we caught was about 60 and the biggest I landed went 14 lbs. We fried the small ones and baked the big ones. Slow-baked bluefish is pretty tasty, actually. The blues were almost considered a trash fish, as people preferred the rockfish. Now it's all expensive. Blues are also very good (and expensive) smoked.

What fresh Hell is this?