Edm,

I have a 2015 F250 with the 6.2 liter that is about 18 months old now. I ordered mine as I wanted a 4.30 rear end. Mine is a Crew Cab 6.5 foot bed 4x4 FX4.

I tow a Primetime Crusader 360BH fifth wheel. Dry weight is right around 12,100 pounds. I have no trouble pulling the fiver. I did install Firestone air bags in the back as the truck did sag. I run around 55 pounds in them when the fiver is hooked up.

I used to live in Kansas City when we bought the truck, but in October last year we moved to New Mexico. I loaded the fiver with 50+ firearms, 5000+ rounds of ammo, all my reloading gear, all my reloading components, food for 5 days, and filled the water tank with 30 gallons of water. It would be safe to say it was probably 13,500-14,000 pounds. I went to left Kansas City and drove N on I29 and then on I80 over to Wyoming. I then left the pavement and drove 8 miles through a ranch to hunt Antelope. No issues. Then I drove down I25 through Colorado to Albuquerque and moved into our new house.

[Linked Image]

All that weight, the rockies, I80 headwinds, etc... at 65 mph I averaged 10.4 MPG. Handcalculated.

I would buy another one in an instant.

I have owned 2 other F250's, both diesel. I had a 2003 7.3 powerstroke and a 2008 6.4 liter powerstroke.

I pulled our old fiver with the 6.4 liter and it weighed about 10,000 pounds loaded and the best mileage I ever was able to achieve was 12 mpg. That truck ran a clean exhaust ( no DPF or Doc) and a tuner. I pulled the new camper over the same route with the 6.2 liter gasser and I averaged 11.0 mpg, and that was when the truck was new.

Yes the gas does not pull in the hills like a diesel, nothing does. I just drop her into 4th and let the engine and trans do the work.

Unloaded on the highway at 75 mph I get 14-14.5 depending on headwind.

Some Cons:
Throttle response is sluggish. My 6.4 diesel was the same way and did not change until I installed a tuner.
Brakes squeak a bit. My fault coming down the backside of a mountain in northern NM. It was the middle of the night and before I knew it the fiver was pushing me faster and faster. I had to downshift and use the brakes not only on the fiver, but the trucks as well.

Some Pros:
Oil changes are less expensive as is the maintenance. I do all my own work and have done that since I started driving. Only having 7 quarts of oil instead of 16 is nice, and not having to change that under the rail fuel filter ever 10k will be nice as well.

It really is a nice riding truck and with the 4.30 rear end, pulling the trailer is a breeze.

Last edited by pre6422hornet; 05/18/15.