Well the 250 grain Speer bullets and the 250 grain Hornady bullets both shoot under .5" at 100 yards with full power loads (H4895 and another - I think it was WW748) in my custom Rem 600 350 Mag. I am sticking with H4895 due to temperature sensitivity.

Due to poor (no) expansion with 100 grain 6mm Speer Hot Cores, I've never again tried Speer bullets on game. they do shoot accurately though like they are made for bench rest shooting in my 6mm and my 350.

I'll try your load in my BLR.

The pictures you show for elk country is like that in the land of AZ (close to Flagstaff). Where I've hunted in Colorado, Idaho and SD it seems the area was much thicker or meadows/parks. I carry the 350 in the thick stuff and a 338 in the open areas, if possible.

I've aimed at nice bulls at 300 but never felt to compelled to pull the trigger.
I've not had groups that I'd brag about in my BLR, but have not done a lot of load development. Thanks for the info.

Last edited by Bugger; 05/21/15.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally