Originally Posted by Old_Toot
What is your question concerning the motor?

I really hate to post it because it's a technical question about something I want to do to my existing motor and I'm bound to get every piece of advice except what I'm looking for. That's exactly what I got when I posted the question on a boating forum.

"Did you check this or that first?"

"It won't make a difference, or not much anyway."

I got everything except someone to attempt to answer the actual question over there and in my 9 years here, I've seen plenty of that behavior already.

I'm not trying to be a jerk, but I've Googled until my fingers and patience were sore and I just want to get to the bottom of this. The local Johnson dealer was somewhat helpful but wasn't 100% certain. I'm looking for certainty so I can calculate cost and make a decision.

But what the heck. Here's my question, guys. The only question I'm seeking an answer to is -

What exact parts do I need to change my 2001 25 hp Johnson outboard to a 30 hp? I know it can be done. Possibly with as little as a carb change, but it might require an intake or modifying my existing intake.

If anyone thinks they can help, sing out, please and I'll share the exact model # of my motor for the purpose of referencing the correct parts.

Thanks.

4 out of 5 Great Lakes prefer Michigan. smile