My apologies, I don't mean to be forward, but a Campfire member could really use your prayers right now. My cousin, the one who turned me on to this site and who has been a member since 2007, is fighting for his life right now.

He's former Navy and a retired police sergeant. Those 30 years in a cruiser and carrying a 15# duty belt on his hips ruined his back. He had back surgery in NOV2014. It didn't work. His pain was so extreme that he went in 9 days ago and got 2 rods, 10 screws, and 5 vertebrae fused. His pain has been intolerable since then and has been on constant and copious pain meds. Well those meds may have caused his bowel to be impacted. He went into emergency surgery this afternoon to remove 3/4 of his colon. He's in recovery now. They took a third, but he's not out of the woods. Infection is the biggest worry. ICU for the next 2 weeks.

So if you don't mind when you hit your knees tonight and maybe give a little extra one. If you're not the praying kind, that's alright too. Good thoughts are always appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

"A Republic, if you can keep it." ~ B. Franklin