Problem for some of us is the Swaros don't close up enough to use them. So it's porros. Just make sure the swaros fit before buying.

Second, glassing is about training the mind to 'see', not the easy animals, I can see elk at 2 miles with 8s handheld and tell if they are bulls... but the hidden ones.

It's like the where's Waldo picture, first time you search forever and may never see him until shown, then next time you find him sooner, and after awhile your mind understands the pattern and it becomes easy'-er.

Elk are like lightning bolts, easy to see, antelopes also, deer get harder and coues deer are gray ghosts.

This isn't a big coues, but one of my best glassups. I packed in solo after a week of elk hunting with my dad and brother's hunt, my dad killed his elk wed and I packed in the wilderness for coues thur afternoon. By saturday I hadn't found a big shooter, was wearing out and decided sunday to shoot the first 3 point with eyeguards and head out.

Hiked to a high ridge before light, was glassing an opposite face that had multiple fingers and draws, nothing. Decided to glass the face I was on, still in shadow. Lots of high yellow grass, at 250 yards, in the middle of the grass I see a black spot, and maybe an antler mixed in with the bush branches behind. For five minutes I'm locked in on a possible eyeball and antler but it never moves. I'm about to end the stare down and an ear flicks.

Sun comes over the ridge, buck stands up from the grass, licks his hind leg and I shoot him.

Kent

[Linked Image]