Just got the following from a friend in Texas, who got the messages from a friend who lost a "brother" in the fray, and an article he read:

"From a fellow Indian rider, about the loss of a friend at the Waco Massacre...

---------------------------------------------------------
Yep, lost a buddy of mine, he was Delgado Rodriquez, 65 years old and was not in any club, had never been in any club, never carried a gun nor a knife of any kind, never. My buddies who where on the scene (They all got detained but released) say they saw him running for cover when the police shot him in the head and throat and he fell on the spot.

The cops are saying he was a gang member, nope, was an Independent rider who was at the Confederations of Clubs and Independents to hear about Texas Legislative Issues that were to be talked about. He was a Vietnam Veteran like me and that is how I knew him from talking about our times over there, having a few brews together and just BSin'.

His family told me that they will not release his Vest to them, they wanted it to show the media that he was NOT wearing any Club Colors or Cuts, that it showed Vietnam Veteran and Proud U.S. Marine. He was a father and grand father and all around nice guy in just the wrong place and he got taken out.

Sad day for many reasons.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As reported in the Aging Rebel...

The Aging Rebel has learned that one Bandido was killed last Sunday. This page believes that seven members of the Cossacks Motorcycle Club and one unaffiliated biker were killed. The unaffiliated biker was 65-year-old Jesus Delgado Rodriguez, a former Marine who won a Purple Heart in Vietnam. The official cause of Rodriguez’ death was a “gunshot wound to the head and trunk.” Because of the nature of the fatal wound, this page believes Rodriguez was lying on the ground when he was shot in the head by a long rifle."

I know there's many angles from which a man can take a slug to the head/neck area, so that last may be a strethc, but I had a wondering perspective on this event from the start. I TRY not to go into these things with a bias on either side, which isn't always easy when ever ATFE is involved, but I strive for that anyway. What's life without a quest of SOME kind, right?

Anyway, with the story on the matter changing as rapidly and in the manner it has, it could very well get "interesting" before it's over and forgotten. I suspect we'll be hearing more on the event rather soon. Then again, most people aren't much interested in a bunch of bikers, no matter whether they're criminally inclined or as pure as the driven snow. That could say something about our "culture" too, I guess? Just a FWIW for any who still harbor questions about how LE's came to fire into a huge crowd of people.