Lumens will depend on how big your house is, and whether you want to use it outside. One thing about high-intensity lights indoors, in a house with white walls, is that the reflection can dazzle you particularly if your eyes haven't adjusted to light when you activate the weapon-light. More lumens is not always better.

I've got a Streamlight TRL-1 on my night-stand gun and I like it because it's bright, light and inexpensive. I can also reach the rocker switch more easily than the switch on other brands of lights.

It's worth a trip to a well stocked store to be able to try out multiple lights on guns similar to your own, as each gun/light combination can have a different "switch reach" for lack of a better term. I like to have the switch where I can operate it with either my weak-hand thumb when grasping the gun with both hands, or with my right index finger when holding the gun with one hand. The placement of the rail on your pistol, and the length of the light itself, both influence how far of a reach you will have to the activation switch.

Last edited by Oregon45; 05/23/15.