Your comment about shooting unknown distances is what I am talking about.

I have other thougths on long shots with bows due to time of flight and animal reactions. At least locally.

Iv'e shot mule deer at longer distances that never move. Our deer are different.

For that reason I keep my distances short. I don't much care about heavy or light arrows, both can work, but speed is not the only answer and mechanicals have had so many failures I fail to see why anyone would risk them. Targets yes, animals no.

As to the rifleman, even there flat is not an issue and never should be, if you can get it along with wind resistance thats good, but generally speaking wind resistance comes from heavy for caliber bullets, which generally do not equivalate to the flat rounds everyone wants/used to want.

The whole key to this conversation, is correct, you shoot what shoots best and what you can shoot best, but when it comes to longer shots, bow or otherwise, if not done wiht a way of knowing the distance, then it should not be done at all.

There are short distances where we know nothing much matters, 200 yards and in on most rifles, and probably 20 ish yards and in on most bows.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....