Has anyone had reliability issues with this scope?

None. I have two, and one rides on my Kimber Montana. Its been up and down some nasty stuff, hunted hard and scuffed up. I've had zero problems with it holding zero. I use the BRH to plink long range, so I wouldn't be able to comment on twisting knobs for distance use.

I liked that one so much on my Kimber, that I found a second one to put on a Tikka T3. Great lightweight glass that fits well on light rifles.

Do Swarovski's ever go on sale?

I purchased one at a small discount from Doug, and the other I found here. All Swaro stuff seems to hold value really well, so its hard to find steals. But the BRH isn't for everyone, so keep watching and you can find them priced closer to the Z3 with duplex.

I think its better glass then the VX3, and I find the BRH to be a great reticle, beating out the B&C and the Rapid Z. I like that it has 1 extra line compared to the B&C. And I don't like what Zeiss with numbering the lines on the Rapid Z.

If you hunt with a smart phone in your pocket, Swaro has a great ballistics app to match up with the BRH. And shockingly, its free. About the only thing Swaro offers as free.