Originally Posted by Autofive
zlr,nice gun,but,as to twice the rifle as a CZ550,dream on!

The CZ550 has dovetail mounting system and not crude 4 screw holes in the receiver, but that is about the only thing in its favor. In departments of fit/finish, weight, balance and handling the HVA is clearly superior. I am sure well put together piece of equipment will be plenty accurate for big game hunting at reasonable hunting ranges. Did I forget to mention something?

PS. What I have examined two weeks ago was 'Crown Grade' I would put that in same class as Winchester pre-64 Super Grade or Browning Safari Grade FN Mauser. Well above quality of typical CZ 550. It was better finished than my 1959 Model 70, but I passed on it because that would mean $600 out the door for rifle alone not to mention ammo, scope, mounts, quality sling,.....quite an investment. As I said if I had to choose between this HVA and Model 70 of same vintage I would take the Swedish Sporter.

Sure the ZG-47 is a more refined rifle, but how much would like like new ZG-47 in factory box cost? In USA I would say about 4x more.