Now to the shooting. Doves and pigeons everywhere! They are a plague and a pestilence to farmers. You can shoot all you want and never put a dent in the numbers.

The kids got into the groove and performed amazingly. Jackson used the AAA approach, figuring the more lead you put in the air, the more birds that will fall. He made some amazing long distance shots and whacked nearly 700 birds in 3 days of shooting. Of course, it took him 113 boxes of shells. Poor dad choked on the shell bill. smile

Some of you might remember a few months ago I asked what to do about my son who is right handed but is left eye dominant? I got him together with the instructor of the local sporting clays shooting team, and he recommended going lefty, which we did. After about 100 shots, Hatari Jr. decided to shoot some righty, and took down 4 of the first 5. After that, he switched back and forth with equal results, which were darn good for a kid new at shooting. He doesn't know that it is not that easy to do! He does switch hit exceptionally in baseball, so I guess he just has that knack.

Here's about 90 minutes worth of shooting, at least the ones we could find:

[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo