Dear all; my wife and I were in South Africa late April and early May of this year with Hotfire Safaris. Patrick Fletcher owner / PH organized everything for the trip and was our tour guide for 10 days touring after the hunt. During the 10 days I hunted my wife had her own guide, she came hunting for a couple of sessions and did some very interesting touring on her on with her guide. This proved to be a very successful arrangement.

My wife and I are very impressed with Mr. Patrick Fletcher and his operation Hotfire.

This trip confirmed a few well known facts; a barnes TSX pushed relatively fast works well, bullets in the right place make things expire quickly.

Shockingly I discovered that one can hunt Africa with great success with the following; a bubba buddy, stainless steel and fiberglass in a wissum. smile

I hunted with my M70 modified by Corlane Sports; .325 WSM, McMillan Stock, Swaro Z6 2-12, loaded with 180 grain Barnes TSX. My Leica Geovids as always proved to b a wonderful investment.

Shots ranged from 50 yards to 325 yards. species taken were; Impala, Kudu, Nyala, Black wildebeest, warthog, blue Wildebeest, Bushbuck, and Springbok. I had a blast hunting Impala and ended up shooting a few. Three bullets were caught but only one was recovered.

We spent a great deal of time glassing for bushbuck on Hotfire and despite lots of sign none were seen. We ended up heading to another ranch to hunt the bushbuck. We also hunted black wildebeest and springbok at lower elevations as these animals were not faring overly well at Hotfire. A few culls were taken as well.

The late April early May was a great time of year to be hunting; kudu, impala, warthog and I'm sure a few other were rutting. First time I have seen / heard Impala in the rut, awesome.

The touring was fantastic, fun and educational. It was nice not to have drive or navigate just relax and catch the sights. During the tour we hit Camdeboo Nat Park, The Valley of Desolation, Karoo National Park, wine country (also nice not to worry about what the legal limit is), Cape Point, Table Mountain, the garden route, Addo National Park, a private game reserve and ended with two days on the beach at Morgans Bay.

Food and wine were outstanding.

Now for what everyone really wants; pictures. Please feel free to let know if there are any particular details you want.

Thanks GRF

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]