Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice bucks.. Been years since I shot one.. They were mostly killed in the hill country... They did not have a meat processor that could handle that job??? We had ours cut an wrapped and the job was reasonable and very well done.

Molon Labe
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by WyoCoyoteHunter
Nice bucks.. Been years since I shot one.. They were mostly killed in the hill country... They did not have a meat processor that could handle that job??? We had ours cut an wrapped and the job was reasonable and very well done.

I killed a buck and doe a couple years ago there and it's a superb operation. The butcher in town was great (http://www.uvaldemeatprocessing.com/) but maybe the Pooba had to run away home to Montana and couldn't wait to get them done.

I will certainly go back there.

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Pugs, Did you hunt the Canyon Ranch also.. Just looked them up, no prices I could find.. That usually tells me$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Thanks..

Molon Labe
KC Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Ingwe:

Congrats on a beautiful deer. grin

KC

Wind in my hair, Sun on my face, I gazed at the wide open spaces, And I was at home.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Pugs, Did you hunt the Canyon Ranch also.. Just looked them up, no prices I could find.. That usually tells me$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$. Thanks..

I did. It's been five years http://www.soehunts.net/exotics.html

When I did it was a buck and a doe and all the pigs you could kill for the price. Three day hunt. I considered it a good deal. My brother and I with our bucks.

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Pugs; 06/11/15. Reason: add pic

If something on the internet makes you angry the odds are you're being manipulated
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For some of the best hunts in The Hill Country look up The Johnson 805 Ranch. I took a very big Axis (just over 200 pounds and thick 32" main beams) and two pigs there. All the accommodations are nearly brand new and the owner, Dennis, is a great guy.

I'm shoot4fun on Accurate Shooter Forum and you can see my feedback there.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Very well done ingwe! As a punishment for not inviting me you have to sit through 3 episodes of the TV show that runs that place... wink

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by JGRaider
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Let's go, Jeff...

I'm gonna invite myself if you two decide to go......

Do not throw me into that briar patch Brer Fox!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle

Check SOEhunts.com for prices.....

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by ingwe
In addition we both shot does for the meat. He used a .260 with 140 accubombs and on the recommendation of many members I used my .243 TC Icon and 95 gr. NBTs....

Did we/they do you right?

Yep! They did fine. I shot both deer through the shoulders rather than behind them, and on the buck, which was big, there was no exit. Wouldnt really expect one. Both deer expired within 25 yards.

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Pugs,

Your brother sure is ugly !

wink

Paul.

"Kids who grow up hunting, fishing & trapping, do not mug little old Ladies"
T
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
T
That's a good looking buck, Ingwe. Axis is fine eating too. Congrats!

"The trouble ain't that there is too many fools, but that lightening ain't distributed right." - Mark Twain
E
EdM Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Nice bud. Still have a few beasts running around our place. If I weren't heading north on Sunday I would be up in a tree with bow.
Site is:

soehunts.net

Conduct is the best proof of character.
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
EdM is right for anybody looking...site is soehunts.net

It seems to go back and forth from .com.....but right now its .net. grin

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Good question. I simply don't have the room for a shoulder or wall pedestal mount( which an Axis begs for...) so Im getting a European mount and getting the hides tanned as per my wives request. Ranch manager there is delivering them to a Taxi in Uvalde as part of the service...dont know what the taxi charges yet....

Ha, i had you figured as a Mormon all along. Wives, huh. wink

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Pillows from axis is the way to go!!!

- Greg

Success is found at the intersection of planning, hard work, and stubbornness.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
ingwe and pugs thanks for the info.. good hunting..

Molon Labe
ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by GregW
Pillows from axis is the way to go!!!

Gonna get hides tanned, as per Ingwewifes orders...Dont tell her pillows even exist! cry

B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Is a deer....right? grin

Just got back from Texas where a couple members turned me on to an excellent operation for Axis. 19K acres, free range, spot and stalk or stand hunting, no shooting over feeders. As good a hunting experience as Ive had anywhere, for any game.

Spots on a "full-grown " fawn grin

[Linked Image]

My pard's deer...

[Linked Image]

My deer....
[Linked Image]

In addition we both shot does for the meat. He used a .260 with 140 accubombs and on the recommendation of many members I used my .243 TC Icon and 95 gr. NBTs....

Surely not. Here on the fire everyone knows only women and first timers little kids can kill stuff with a 243.

ingwe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
Wellll....this was only my second time..... wink

Page 2 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

357 members (10gaugemag, 2500HD, 1_deuce, 16penny, 10ring1, 257_X_50, 52 invisible), 2,540 guests, and 1,248 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,678
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.