Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
who,..Romney?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
My first time voting was 1988, I do not vote straight ticket but have never had to decide who I wanted to be president. The basic Dem platform assures I will vote GOP.

Parents who say they have good kids..Usually don't!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bristoe
who,..Romney?

He isn't running..yet.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
He isn't my first choice in the primary, but if he made it to the general, I'd be happy to vote for RP...

Jeb Bush is the only one who will make me stay home.

That happens (which is highly likely) then there's no any reason to even hold elections. Just give it to the nag now and the campaign funds to the poor.

No kidding..

I voted for Dole, McCain, Romney. Whenever they run a Milquetoast candidate, they lose big..

The Hag is extremely vulnerable if somebody would stand up and give it to her with both barrels. Obama was the same way in 2012, but Romney had the moxy of a 6 year old girl...

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I'd vote for him if he's on the ticket, but Marco Rubio and his ilk are the future of the GOP.

IC B2

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Barkoff
who,..Romney?

He isn't running..yet.

I don't think Romney can overcome his failure in 2012. For one thing, he *totally* disenfranchised the libertarian element in the GOP. They won't vote for Romney. In fact, many would undoubtedly throw their votes to the Democrats to protest a Romney nomination.

In any event, I don't think he can win the nomination.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
who,..Romney?

He isn't running..yet.

I don't think Romney can overcome his failure in 2012. For one thing, he *totally* disenfranchised the libertarian element in the GOP. They won't vote for Romney. In fact, many would undoubtedly throw their votes to the Democrats to protest a Romney nomination.

I think people would puke in record levels if he got in again, I was talking Walker.

B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by willsnipe
I'd vote for him if he's on the ticket, but Marco Rubio and his ilk are the future of the GOP.

Rubio was one of the gang of 8.

That's going to be hard to overcome.

http://www.newsmax.com/Newsfront/gang-eight-immigration-House/2013/07/17/id/515556/

C
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
C
Would not be a choice I would make, but I would vote for anyone over Hillary.

Those who say they won't vote for PAUL, BUSH, etc...Hillary will thank you.

"Put none but Americans on guard tonight."
-George Washington
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
who,..Romney?

He isn't running..yet.

I think people would puke in record levels if he got in again, I was talking Walker.

Obamatrade

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/06/11/scott-walker-pushes-obamatrade-on-eve-of-vote/

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Where is Paul on immigration? You aren't going to get everything you want.

K
krp Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
K
My point in asking the question is to demonstrate that there's hardly any conservative group that wouldn't vote for Rand Paul in the general election. But the plain fact is, there's a significant percentage of voters, mostly the younger people, who absolutely will not vote for any establishment GOP candidate, but they will vote for Rand Paul.

If the GOP selects Rand Paul, it keeps all of the votes that any other candidate would get plus it gets to add those voters who won't vote for any other GOP candidate.

It's just arithmetic.

In the general election Rand will get everybody who is going to vote Republican regardless of who the GOP candidate is, he'll get the libertarian voters (who won't vote for any other GOP candidate) plus, he'll get a big chunk of the swing vote. (probably more than any other GOP candidate)

I'm not a huge fan of Rand Paul. He plays politics a bit more than I like. But in a general election setting, he can pull more votes than any other GOP candidate out there.

So,...do you want Rand,...or are you ready for 8 more years of Democrats?

You make good points, I'd vote Paul if he got the nomination in a much lighter mood than Romney or McCain the last two elections.

I like Cruz, Walker and even Paul. What I want is a younger nonbabyboomer, who electrifies the demographics, has the juice. That's what Obama did, rockstarred to the whitehouse.

The GOP should have already been showcasing these guys in their current politics, supporting them and putting them in leadership positions.

But it's a broken party.

Good points though Bristoe, the primaries will tell if Paul has the juice with the people, I'd bandwagon whatever young gun gets it.

Kent

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
,..if he got the GOP nomination?

It's interesting to me because many say that they wouldn't vote for Jeb Bush, Rubio or Paul Ryan.

Freedom is an illusion. Since man wrote the bible, man has been controlling man.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Where is Paul on immigration? You aren't going to get everything you want.

No candidate will take a hard and fast stand on illegal immigration. Rand pretty much says what all of them say.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
who,..Romney?

He isn't running..yet.

But look at the bright side, when they didn't or won't vote for Romney and vote for the other side (Dems) they can say see, we told ya. (With there arms folded across there chests). If they throw there vote to the Dems, they are only [bleep] themselves and the country, but dammit they showed us.

When its time to fight, you fight like you are the third monkey on the ramp to get on Noah's Arc... and brother, it is starting to rain!

The chair is against the wall.
B
Bristoe Offline OP
Campfire Oracle
OP Offline
Campfire Oracle
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead

It's interesting to me because many say that they wouldn't vote for Jeb Bush, Rubio or Paul Ryan.

Freedom is an illusion. Since man wrote the bible, man has been controlling man.

That's true enough. Liberty is hard to hold. At this point I'd be satisfied with an administration that worked towards sound money and keeping America out of stupid wars.

I doubt if any candidate can do all of that during an administration, but I'd like to have a President that got the country pointed in that direction.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

Control goes back further than that, by a good ways. Dawn of agricultural civilization might be a good starting point.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Since we were told not to eat the apple.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
so true. So very very true!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

G
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
G
I'd vote for ANYONE on the Rep ballot.

Trump Won!
Page 3 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 204guy, 1234, 1936M71, 1beaver_shooter, 219 Wasp, 48 invisible), 2,376 guests, and 1,145 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,767
Posts18,515,428
Members74,017
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.