Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
On the street!

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Rancho_Loco
On the street!

Yeah...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I have had many issues with the police here, not mine but for other, like a neighbor's alarm going off and I would get a call to meet the trooper. Then issues of credit card scamming my card.
I have never met more wonderful guys.
LEO's are really great people and I support them but worry they can't protect themselves and will get trashed if they do. They do need training and the best guns. A nine can go through a creep and keep going but you might need 3 more shots. Maybe 19. I would issue 1911's.
The .357 is proven for people and so is the .41 but the .44 mag is not as good, blows through with less damage. The .41 was not good because of recoil.
Just got the latest Guns rag (free issue to buy, get real.) and see Ayoob and Taffin espousing their greatness. Taffy says he learned from reading and both knew great guys but neither did the work, just repeat others. Then the bitch from Taffy about us that say gun rags are not worth reading took the cake.
Those that do best work hard to find truth. The day I would learn a thing from Taffy is not found in the universe.
Then Mike, nice guy with millions of dollars in guns, told me he horse traded for them. Has a cool half mill in equipment. Most free.
I know too stinking much about gun writers, they get free stuff to test. Or pay at cost. Some never pay.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
The irony of this thread is that the ones who have the least experience are the ones most dead set in their convictions. Funny to hear self appointed "subject matter experts" who have never served as LEO or .mil, or actually fired shots in anger..

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by Mackay_Sagebrush
The irony of this thread is that the ones who have the least experience are the ones most dead set in their convictions. Funny to hear self appointed "subject matter experts" who have never served as LEO or .mil, or actually fired shots in anger..

Isn't that directive Policy for this place...

PS. Can you interperet the post above yours for me?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

IC B2

V
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
V
I am a divergent, i carry a 10 mm a lot of the times.

I thought this subject needed get back on track, well kind of.

H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
The "Scout rifle" idea showed me that Jeff Cooper needed to stick with handguns to be an expert about.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
Originally Posted by gitem_12

Isn't that directive Policy for this place...

PS. Can you interperet the post above yours for me?

Grin..

Sorry, I am not able to decipher a lot of that. I can say from BTDT personal experience that I have seen individuals hit with larger calibers that continued to function far longer than I would have believed, as well as seen, and investigated numerous
shootings where very small calibers did the person in rather quickly.

Not long ago I went to an autopsy where a man was shot with a single .22 that due to its placement should have caused an instant CNS shutdown, but it did not and he managed to survive long enough to receive over 2 dozen stab wounds. I won't go into specifics, openly on the net out of respect for the families it affected, but in short I have seen NOTHING that is absolute, including 12 gauge slugs.

Just like animals I have seen that just did not know they received a mortal blow, some humans will continue to function and be a deadly threat far longer that most would guess. Others will fall over, give up and die, from seemingly survivable hits.

This is one of the reason I prefer high capacity handguns, so I can keep laying rounds into a threat until they no longer pose a threat. Shooting once and hoping for a 1 shot stop, because that is what the internet experts have stated as fact is not really a strategy I rely on. In fact hope is not a strategy at all.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

The Tikka T3 in .308 Winchester is the Glock 19 of the rifle world.

The website is up and running!

www.lostriverammocompany.com

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by husqvarna
The "Scout rifle" idea showed me that Jeff Cooper needed to stick with handguns to be an expert about.

Colonel Jeff Cooper.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Just like animals I have seen that just did not know they received a mortal blow, some humans will continue to function and be a deadly threat far longer that most would guess. Others will fall over, give up and die, from seemingly survivable hits.

I have always felt that spending a lot of time killing stuff is a good way to prepare for killing stuff. But I know this opinion is not popular.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B3

G
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
G
Originally Posted by jwp475

CLINT SMITH ON THE 1911
“The 1911 remains popular because it’s an efficient tool. In more than 30 years of experience, I’ve met more competent, serious gunmen who carry 1911’s than those who pack any other handgun. They are professionals – policemen, government agents and others who carry handguns daily because the know their live may depend on it…Me? I’ve carried a 1911 every single day for the past 20 years. It’s a very comforting gun to have at your hip. It offers a good, consistent single-action trigger pull and is wonderfully dependable. Because the 1911 is basically a defensive handgun, I’m not concerned about tight groups. I don’t bother with expanding hollowpoints that could cause feeding problems. For absolute reliability, I shoot only high-quality ball ammunition. That big .45 slug doesn’t have to expand to be effective.” From Guns and Ammo, September, 2001.

….to resurrect a point that's now tangential to the discussion (but may be interesting to Clint-fans)……….he owns and has carried Commanders but believes that the 1911 should be used as John Browning designed it (full sized)…..a few years ago at his class in Texas I was loading some Wilson mags….he came up and looked at them and said, "Do you think that John Moses Browning was smart enough to have made magazines that held 8 rounds; I do, but he didn't, did he"…….. then walked away!! :-) He rarely talks about manufacturers, but when he does he doesn't pull any punches….i.e. "I don't do Kimbers." He's the ultimate pragmatist.

The blindness from subjectivity is indistinguishable from the darkness of ignorance.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by deflave

I have always felt that spending a lot of time killing stuff is a good way to prepare for killing stuff. But I know this opinion is not popular.

Travis

It is with me.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I have had many issues with the police here, not mine but for other, like a neighbor's alarm going off and I would get a call to meet the trooper. Then issues of credit card scamming my card.
I have never met more wonderful guys.
LEO's are really great people and I support them but worry they can't protect themselves and will get trashed if they do. They do need training and the best guns. A nine can go through a creep and keep going but you might need 3 more shots. Maybe 19. I would issue 1911's.
The .357 is proven for people and so is the .41 but the .44 mag is not as good, blows through with less damage. The .41 was not good because of recoil.
Just got the latest Guns rag (free issue to buy, get real.) and see Ayoob and Taffin espousing their greatness. Taffy says he learned from reading and both knew great guys but neither did the work, just repeat others. Then the bitch from Taffy about us that say gun rags are not worth reading took the cake.
Those that do best work hard to find truth. The day I would learn a thing from Taffy is not found in the universe.
Then Mike, nice guy with millions of dollars in guns, told me he horse traded for them. Has a cool half mill in equipment. Most free.
I know too stinking much about gun writers, they get free stuff to test. Or pay at cost. Some never pay.

Thanks for the expression of appreciation for LE. Taffin is a retired math teacher. Consequently, his best effort has been as an historian of the single action revolver. That's about it IMO.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
I think Gibson had a bad experience that caused him concern with over-penetration.

Travis

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
or he is using reverse psychology, or maybe waltermitty.com

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Funny shooting yesterday. Friend brought a little kel-Tek DAO nine to shoot. At least a 20#+ trigger. Nobody here could hit a thing at 10 yards. Why make a gun so sad? You need to wait until a perp has his hands around your throat to hit him. you would kill everyone in a store and miss the BG.
Very few nines are made to hit, just shoot for noise.
If I had to carry, I would have a 1911, even an old worn military one.
I have shot Lugers and P38's that I could hit at 50 yards but no more. Precision has gone away. Looks like a gun and nobody can see it but most are no better then a screwdriver.
Do not worry about a pass through, worry about the misses. Better duck fast. Cops do miss more then they hit. The Block is not much better.
I want a quality gun first.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Um, yeah..

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I do love and respect our police forces. you do not join them or the army without the reason to protect us and the constitution. A Marine is the best of the best.
But there are limits to the response if we are in trouble, so you need to protect yourself and all of us need the tools that work. Big brother says call 911, you don't need a gun, yeah, right. Just use what works.
Just about every police force is against gun control because they know they can't get there in time. Obumber says to use your cane. Run the creep over in your wheel chair! That creep has more armed protection then anyone on earth. A true president should be able to walk any street by himself with no fear. An A1 Abrams cant take out the creeps car. Why is he afraid?
Now Billery is running, does anyone know how she was hated?
if she gets in, the best thing would be for all security to quit. I would be the last to take a bullet for her and tell the guy MORE AMMO!

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
This cluster f... of a thread reminded me of this incident in my home town:

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/01/one-man-got-involved-perry_12.html

David

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by Canazes9
This cluster f... of a thread reminded me of this incident in my home town:

http://www.theshootist.net/2009/01/one-man-got-involved-perry_12.html

David

Very good but has anyone noticed how many shots had no affect on the creep? Even the head shot was not instant and with rounds made for people killing.
Now we have guys asking about shooting deer with a .327 with many saying to place the shot! When will people get real?
Penetration alone is such a sad way to shoot people or hunt.
Could a .327 break a spine? There is always a jerk that will say he killed a deer with a .25 ACP.

Page 11 of 29 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

267 members (222Sako, 12344mag, 160user, 1badf350, 10Glocks, 257 roberts, 28 invisible), 1,943 guests, and 989 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,539
Posts18,531,120
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.