Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
How are you holding up now?

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
hopin you hair over quick Don

I don't heal as fast as I used to

but then I'm getting to be an old cuss

sorry it happened to you, but like others glad it wasn't any worse than what it was

always amazes me when you see someone with a black fingernail or thumbnail or one that's fallen off

yeah we all have suffered through it, but alla those nerve ending do indeed remind us there's a bit of puzzy in most all of us.

it sucks but sure feels better to release the blood pressure with a red hot paper clip.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
C
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
C
Originally Posted by huntsman22
the cost of modern medicine amazed me again.....

2 months wages for 15 minutes worth of stitches....

[Linked Image]

Richmond, VA? I got the impression you hung your hat in CO.

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
I do. Evidently they bill thru that outfit.....

IB, the booboo is all better now. Just sensitive to cold.

R
Campfire Tracker
Online Happy
Campfire Tracker
R
Don, That must have hurt! worst i have ever done is hit my thumb with a hammer, and lost the thumb nail, hope you heal up soon. Rio7

IC B2

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Hospitals, docs, nurses, suture companies, etc have to pay insurance and lawyers.

That said, id tell them to GTH and that you dont have insurance. Tell them to get real and you will talk. Freaking mexican dimocraps would get a pass.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Damn, thats gotta hurt almost as much as the finger! Here in Canada it would have cost me nothing. Of course, I probably would have had to wait in the ER overnight and have it lopped off at the knuckle with a rusty hatchet, but its free!

I'm pretty sure you've been paying in advance.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Don, I'd have sewn that up for half that much!

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Remember the doc from The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance?

"Whiskey! Quick!"

[Linked Image]

Last edited by mathman; 06/24/15.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Whiskey is indicated in a case like that. Not only as a topical disinfectant, but to treat the patient systemically so as to avoid internal infections as well.

Doctor would need some too...to steady his sewing hand wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B3

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Don don't drink, so twice as much for the doctor!

A wise man is frequently humbled.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Huntsman, glad your finger is doing fine, but damn, that bill is lousy.

Not second guessing going to the ER - afterall, you got your hand in the saw. But fwiw, i'd do (and many others can/would) do that repair in the outpatient office, as a walk-in emergency, probably run about $700 + xray costs around $150. Which is to say, a HUGE part of your bill is hospital facility fee and simply supporting the costs of running an ER (since in the big picture, the ER is prepared to handle far more than a wacked finger, and that's of course expensive to maintain). Anyway, it may be worth the time to approach both the hospital and insurer both about negotiating the bill - happens all the time, you might luck out.

Golldammed motion detector lights. A guy can’t even piss off his porch in peace any more.

"Look, I want to help the helpless. It's the clueless I don't give a [bleep] about." - Dennis Miller on obamacare.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Good advice from sandcritter.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
I know, a bit OT here, but I hadn't seen this thread in some time.

Clicked and it went to page one. And the pictures.

My knees got that weak feeling in them. I never get that on EMS calls, or Fire calls for wrecks and such, even if the person dies while working on them and it happens all the time... blood everywhere, hey hold this in them till we can get it dressed and so on...

Can't figure why those photos give me the weird sensations... yet I'm fine with all of it in the field.

Glad you are healing. Bills suck. Especially when you are paying for all the illegals and lazy SOBs at the same time.

Send em what you think is fair, and then 5 bucks a month after... IIRC they can't say anything if you are paying something.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by mathman
Originally Posted by xxclaro
Damn, thats gotta hurt almost as much as the finger! Here in Canada it would have cost me nothing. Of course, I probably would have had to wait in the ER overnight and have it lopped off at the knuckle with a rusty hatchet, but its free!

I'm pretty sure you've been paying in advance.

I surely have, to the point where I I feel like I should start injuring myself just to get something for my money. Either that or they should give me something every few years I don't use their services.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I learned my lesson about the ER.

My doc freaked out and sent me to the ER. They took my vitals and I was there for a five minute convo with the doc and walked out. That's it.

Got a bill for about 2 grand. I chit you not. This happened right after my employer cut our insurance plan and all visits/meds are now subject to a 5k deductible.

Pled my case for a couple months but no joy.

The azzhole is no longer my doc.

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
P
Campfire Outfitter
Online Sick
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by muleshoe
That do look like it stung a little.

Mine went a bit deeper. smile

[Linked Image]

6-5-06 11:45am

DeWALT

Seems like just yesterday I was staring at my thumb on the ground between my feet thinking, "we're gonna be late for dinner".

Reminds me of the old "thumbs up for the war amps" shocked

"The 375HH is the greatest level of power you can get for the investment in recoil." (JJHack)
79s and losttrail, biggest waste of air.
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Still healing up from a brush with a skill saw and 30 stitches in two fingers. ER visit was expensive also, but not much else open on sunday night medically wise around here..

Good luck with the healing process

Campfire Ranger
OP Online Content
Campfire Ranger
OK, Keith. Here is the pics of how I healed up.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by ironbender
Originally Posted by Fireball2
Kenai, AK. Tablesaw on the 2nd story at a cabinet shop I worked in sliced off a 1/4" of oak and promptly sent it through the interior and exterior wall, where it remained lodged the entire time of my employ. Someone tried to slice off 1/4" trim between the blade and the fence. Good thing they weren't standing behind the saw.

On the walls were all the boards caught and flung in the tablesaw. The wall of shame. Nice place to work, unless you wanted to stay alive.

What shop is that?

Treat Custom Cabinets. Heard it burned down sometime after I left in '86.

LOL
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

695 members (12344mag, 10ring1, 007FJ, 1234, 10gaugemag, 10gaugeman, 64 invisible), 3,103 guests, and 1,355 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,747
Posts18,476,143
Members73,942
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.