Page 14 of 29 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by 222Rem
Then his training kicked in; "I called my mother." grin

I've been waiting for that

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

GB1

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
Tex Grebner walked off a contact wound to the upper leg from a 45. He's just that tough.

When Chuck Norris goes to bed at night, he checks his closet for Tex Grebner.

True story.

Maybe BFR is the Dojo guy then?

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
One can only wonder.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
penetration can be a problem.

hello friends,

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Thanks!

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by jimmyp

hello friends,

Last year I made the decision to trust my life on the street to Second Chance body armor. I got the level IIa because it stops the most rounds. plus I got the Trauma Plate for the front.

What scares me is that, although I can fit an extra trauma plate in the front, I cannot fit a second one in back. As of late I have taken to duct-taping a second trauma plate to the area of my back where the heart and vital organs are located. Then I put my vest on.

Here is the questions. The ducttape solution, although tactically sound, is hot and painful to remove. I would like to go to the single-plate solution in back. What I am worried about is repeated hits to that area with .308 ammunition. I have a high-risk security job and I fear that I would be the target for repeated long-distance shots to my back.

Are any of you aware of a thicker plate that could stop, say, .338 Lapua or something like that? Is there a better way to do the second plate?

BTW, I am, of course, usually carrying a pair of ceramic plates in my briefcase so that I can shield my head. My SO (we work as a team when necessary) has a similar accessory containing a breakdown NEF single-shot 300 WinMag with an 18" bbl. The plan is that I shield us with my body and “catch the rounds” while she assembles the NEF. I lay down covering fire with my 23 (Bar-Sto .357 Sig barrel) and she makes the long shots. I will then throw smoke grenades to obscure the area while continuing to lay covering fire. The problem, of course, is when I have to turn my back to run, and then the problem crops up.

Thanks!

To do that justice you need to link the entire "mall ninja thread"

IC B2

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Yeah I am funny but I deer hunt and know penetration. Your bullet stop and energy dump is a huge laugh.
Experience in the field can not equal the keyboard from the EXPERTS.
The .45 ACP has been proven as good for a stop. I think the nine was used for the sad results shown. I did not read the jerk was shot with a .45.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by jimmyp

hello friends,

Thanks!

grin

I sometimes wonder what became of the original mall ninja...

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
He has a nine with a huge mag full so he can hit (laugh) with all.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
I think the nine was used for the sad results shown. I did not read the jerk was shot with a .45.

The article mentions that he used a .45 FOUR TIMES you inbred, cross-eyed, illiterate retard.

You don't care anything about facts or even care to read and regurgitate basic information. You just plow right through the truth, spewing ignorance and unfounded opinion everywhere you go.

Go away. Not just from this site. From all of the innernets. Preferably from this once great land. Because you're what's wrong with this country. So just go and don't come back.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
LOL, damn Blue... You sir are a wordsmith that can weave a subtle message in so gracefully as to nearly go unnoticed by the consumer. smile

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
And dont forget my favorite that someone on the fire wrote: jug blowin, slope head. God that cracks me up every time.😀

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yeah I am funny but I deer hunt and know penetration. Your bullet stop and energy dump is a huge laugh.
Experience in the field can not equal the keyboard from the EXPERTS.
The .45 ACP has been proven as good for a stop. I think the nine was used for the sad results shown. I did not read the jerk was shot with a .45.

Your reading comprehension SUCKS. The article, and the report, mentions a Glock 21 and .45ACP no less than FOUR times as being the weapon used.

You hunt deer. BFD. How many people have you shot with a handgun? Zero? STFU.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
4, while I agree with you, I do find it fascinating the stuff bf comes up with.. I have decided to just relax with it and smile.. Still there is a far more good information here than the little side show that has been getting good posters worked up..

Molon Labe
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
4ager is far from worked up.

I've seen him spiel this with minimal effort in person.

if anything, he's kinda passive right now...

kinda like a cuddly possum

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE

[Linked Image]

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
None and never want to. But I understand bullets. If I ever have the need to shoot a human it will not be 14 or 20 shots, it will be ONE. My little .410 will work in the house. How can anyone stand up to a 12 GA? Would you laugh at me when I hit you with a .475?
Dang I need a 19 shot nine and miss 18 shots.
I will only say you need to bust the BG DEAD, right quick. penetrate to the moon but stop the SOB.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You are the problem and the world, every citizen of it, is worse off because you're here.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
None and never want to.

Then your words and opinions don't mean spit. They are right up there with your reading comprehension, and that's pathetic.

Before you ask the follow up question, my answer to it is "more than you have".

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by RWE

Knowing the man well this made me crack up!

From now henceforth Mr.4agre shall be know as Mr. Cuddly Possum!

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Page 14 of 29 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

63 members (6mmbrfan, 10gaugemag, 7mm_Loco, 257_X_50, 9 invisible), 1,462 guests, and 875 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,082
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.