Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by bfrshooter
You hunt deer. BFD. How many people have you shot with a handgun? Zero? STFU.
None and never want to. But I understand bullets. If I ever have the need to shoot a human it will not be 14 or 20 shots, it will be ONE. My little .410 will work in the house. How can anyone stand up to a 12 GA? Would you laugh at me when I hit you with a .475?
Dang I need a 19 shot nine and miss 18 shots.
I will only say you need to bust the BG DEAD, right quick. penetrate to the moon but stop the SOB.

You are asking this for a US Marine Vet?

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by RWE
4ager is far from worked up.

I've seen him spiel this with minimal effort in person.

if anything, he's kinda passive right now...

kinda like a cuddly possum

Knowing the man well this made me crack up!

From now henceforth Mr.4agre shall be know as Mr. Cuddly Possum!

LMAO!

Been called FAR worse!

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
By me. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I can take getting poked in the ribs, adds to the fun.
But I stand by, if you NEED to shoot someone, blow the sucker up and don't play around. Sort things out after.
Spent time with a little Kel Tech nine, DAO and four of us only got a nick on a liter bottle of water at 10 yards with a box of ammo. Worst trigger pull on earth. False insurance!
The nine issued to the military was hated. A .357 or .41 would do better and in a block at least a 40.
Sure an ACP can fail but it is the bullet used since deer have been killed with the right bullet.
Just watched about sniper rifles in Nam. Took thousands and thousands of rounds from the M16 to kill one Cong. Average for a sniper was 1.3 rounds. The Matell toy could not penetrate the jungle but a 30-06 or .308 could go through 2' of wood and kill. The 7.62X39 was a better gun.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I can take getting poked in the ribs, adds to the fun.
But I stand by, if you NEED to shoot someone, blow the sucker up and don't play around. Sort things out after.
Spent time with a little Kel Tech nine, DAO and four of us only got a nick on a liter bottle of water at 10 yards with a box of ammo. Worst trigger pull on earth. False insurance!
The nine issued to the military was hated. A .357 or .41 would do better and in a block at least a 40.
Sure an ACP can fail but it is the bullet used since deer have been killed with the right bullet.
Just watched about sniper rifles in Nam. Took thousands and thousands of rounds from the M16 to kill one Cong. Average for a sniper was 1.3 rounds. The Matell toy could not penetrate the jungle but a 30-06 or .308 could go through 2' of wood and kill. The 7.62X39 was a better gun.

Irrelevant drivel from someone who has already shown complete incompetence in this issue.

The more you blather, the bigger a fool you make of yourself.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I guess. Need a .380 and 20 mags on my belt.
Best ever for a terrorist is a .50 BMG or the new lapua rounds.
Maybe a .25 auto would do.
Have you ever killed a deer? Deer are easier because you hit both lungs while when you shoot a man you get one so you need more bullet affect.
Who makes the most drivel here?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Have you ever killed a deer? Deer are easier because you hit both lungs while when you shoot a man you get one so you need more bullet affect.

What the fugg would you know about terrorists, or general bad guys for that matter?

I carried a 45 for 11 years and saw several instances where it didn't live up to it's "fight stopping" status

Hell I saw more "one shot stops" from the 357 Sig than the 45

On both people and animals up to and including cattle/horses

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Whatever. Tell the oompa loompa's hey for me. [/quote]. LtPPowell

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Originally Posted by gitem_12

What the fugg would you know about terrorists, or general bad guys for that matter?

I carried a 45 for 11 years and saw several instances where it didn't live up to it's "fight stopping" status

Hell I saw more "one shot stops" from the 357 Sig than the 45

On both people and animals up to and including cattle/horses

I have said the .357 is the best ever for a BG. Just use the right bullet as for the ACP. The stop problem is always the bullet chosen.
Can deer killing be much different? I am creeping to 570 deer killed. I know bullets/boolits.
You kill people, not me but I would blow the sucker up.

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
We carried 230 grain Gold dots in the 45- arguably one of the best defensive bullets made.

In the 357 Sig. We carried 125 grain Gold Dots

I wouldn't hesitate to carry a 9mm and feel damned well protected

And yes. Deer killing is a lot different. The physiology, is different as well as psycogical responses. A deer gets hit and doesn't realize it's been shot, it just reacts in what can best be described as evading a predator.

A human reaction can range from absolutely no response/realization that the have been hit to. Instant mental defeat..

The government plans these shootings by targeting kids from kindergarten that the government thinks they can control with drugs until the appropriate time--DerbyDude

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The advantage of using your pistol on game is that it gives you the perspective of terminal effect on a similar size/weight living organism that has utterly no concept of what being shot means.

Having seen the handgun used in both roles, I am inclined to believe the service pistol load that proves a reliable deer stopper, is also going to do well in a anti-personnel role even under less than ideal circumstances.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

You win by a wide mile...

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I would blow the sucker up.

Everyone who ever loved you was wrong.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
So after 30 pages, what is the answe?

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Originally Posted by viking
So after 30 pages, what is the answe?

Well i believe it's pretty much unanimous: BFRshooter is nuttier than squirrel sheit

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Yeah that's a given, but what caliber/load combo.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
You asking the caliber of BFR's squirrel chit.

V
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
V
Eh, I don't care. I will carry what I carry.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by viking
So after 30 pages, what is the answer?

The same that it's always been .....

Warm blooded critters (of all kinds) physiologically cannot function when they;

(a) lose significant blood pressure, or
(b) their CNS is appreciably disrupted

Some calibers and bullets do a better job than others under the variety of circumstances that invariably occur in self-defense shootings.

But, when it comes to commonly used handgun cartridges, the most critical element is bullet placement. Hitting them in places that DOESN’T cause a drop in BP or short out their CNS is a total crap shoot when it comes to stopping someone’s mobility.

But having said all that, the most important element that’s either downplayed or dismissed in these mindless discussions is the psychological factor. The overwhelming majority of human beings cease being hostile when they are shot – and it doesn’t really matter where they are shot or what they are shot with.

They simply choose to disengage even though (a) or (b) was not achieved.

Everyone has some anecdotal story they like to march out about how XYZ mm/Magnum did or did not work and those examples prove absolutely nothing.

So, the answer is: One shot stops happen all the time – until they don’t.

Last edited by 41magfan; 06/27/15.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I robbed this from someone but always liked this:

"Shot placement is KING...
Penetration is QUEEN!
Anything else is gravy."

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
J
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
J
Originally Posted by SargeMO
The advantage of using your pistol on game is that it gives you the perspective of terminal effect on a similar size/weight living organism that has utterly no concept of what being shot means.

Having seen the handgun used in both roles, I am inclined to believe the service pistol load that proves a reliable deer stopper, is also going to do well in a anti-personnel role even under less than ideal circumstances.

I agree.

I got banned on another web site for a debate that happened on this site. That's a first
Page 15 of 29 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 28 29

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

99 members (44mc, 257 mag, 300_savage, 3dtestify, 35, 13 invisible), 1,535 guests, and 929 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,538
Posts18,531,088
Members74,039
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.