Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I tried Foxy ch. Ted Cruz comming up next on kelly.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Fantastic match. The U.S. women played their best match of the tournament against the other best team in the world. Peaking at the right time is always a good thing.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A great game for the USA women's soccer!

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
yes, I'm proud of them.

There are 2 rules to success:

1. Never tell everything that you know.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by eyeball
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Soccer is one of the downfalls of this nation.

The game of brain dead europeans and hispanics.

Interesting take, it, soccer, has been around way longer than "our" games.

Seems often we can't accept whats out there, I wonder due to the fact we don't accell at it right away, and have to make up our own games...

Not that sports is worth a flip anyway in my books generally speaking.

Of all the sports out there, soccer was one that I enjoyed the most though. And it was a fit sport, there was not much for breaks, like basketball actually, but running a lot futher.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
They slacked off a couple times in the second half, but were otherwise dang tough on Germany. Those penalty(s) in the box could be their downfall if they don't get that under control...

Last chance Eyeball is Sunday night. U.S. will play either Japan or England for the World Cup title, the biggest title in Soccer.

Pretty big deal to beat the rest of the World...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
That last word was what it looks like. WORLD, not best in the US etc... but best in the WORLD...

I was proud to compete in national rifle matches and did fairly well up at the top... but it was nothing to compare to if I had the ability to compete and win in the olympics.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yea for the USA.

Have Dog

Will Travel

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
I'll watch my grass grow!!

Watching grass grow is just fine, but it doesn't get me giggling like this mad Ozzie commentator.

<raw language warning>

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Sorry, but im thinking baseball and football are more mental considerations and require players with more diverse skill sets to address more facets of those games for success.

Last edited by eyeball; 06/30/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
I mean if the object is to have a game where you have to take a ball over the opponents goal, why wouldn't you grab it and try to take it around, over or through or throw it to a team mate to do the same rather than handicap yourself trying to get the job done in an irrational manner as a retard would?

It reminds me of a shooting match were you must use defective bullets or do archery with crooked arrows. It make no sense.

Let's invent basketball where the players must kick, head. knee or elbow the ball through the hoop.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Originally Posted by Sharpsman
I'll watch my grass grow!!

Watching grass grow is just fine, but it doesn't get me giggling like this mad Ozzie commentator.

<raw language warning>

LMAO!

thanks for sharing that Leighton.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by 2legit2quit

LMAO!

thanks for sharing that Leighton.

My pleasure. A mad swine he is, but good lord he has a way with words, doesn't he? smile

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

Let's invent basketball where the players must kick, head. knee or elbow the ball through the hoop.

Myans played that game a 1000 years or so ago. Called it Pok-a-Tok. And the losers lost their heads.

Last edited by battue; 06/30/15.

laissez les bons temps rouler
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The original games of lacrosse, as in played by natives are said to have been pretty...physical.

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Wow! What a game!

USA women are on a roll and odds-on favorite to be CHAMPIONS OF THE WORLD!

If you take the time it takes, it takes less time.
--Pat Parelli

American by birth; Alaskan by choice.
--ironbender
Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Soccer is one of the downfalls of this nation.

The game of brain dead europeans and hispanics.

Ignorance is never attractive.

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sorry, but im thinking baseball and football are more mental considerations and require players with more diverse skill sets to address more facets of those games for success.
I would agree about baseball being mental, particularly with regard to calculating the possibilities associated with each pitch and reacting correctly. But, that thinking mainly applies to one position - the one you are playing - and not every pitch brings a needed reaction for that position. Yes, a good all-around baseball player must have high and somewhat diverse physical skills - but they don't need to have stamina over a sustained period with no breaks.

In football, the player is given specific plans/orders to execute during any given play (most are not required to reason or know much) and the action time is very brief. Then, a rest, and you get some more specific orders. Lots of specialization. Physical strength/speed required? - yes. Brainpower essential? - not much for most. Stamina required? - not a major issue.

When a person is playing soccer well, the entire game can be a very individual reactive and decisive process - for each individual player - and those decisions/reactions are expected to take place immediately - and effectively - on your own. Specific and detailed orders are rare. The on-field thinking is conceptual/analytical and reactive - difficult to know what is coming next but one is expected to react well, without prompting.

Right - not for everyone and some never can see themselves becoming a soccer fan. That takes nothing away from the interesting and unique characteristics of the sport. Fun thread.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron
K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
Soccer requires no physical skill whatsoever.

Campfire Oracle
OP Online Happy
Campfire Oracle
Sean has his own Wikipedia page.
Séan Garnier

--Pat Parelli

--ironbender
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

646 members (1beaver_shooter, 160user, 10ring1, 10gaugemag, 1badf350, 007FJ, 64 invisible), 3,283 guests, and 1,336 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,372
Posts18,469,319
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.