Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
For knocking the windshield out of a truck with a bat in broad day light with witnesses? Someone told me bail is 10% of bond. How much would that be for something like destuction of property, and how long would you have to stay in jail or what other possable fines could you end up with?

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
GB1

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
In Colorado, if you do over a thousand dollars in damages, it's a felony.

Kiss your guns goodbye.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Depends on the state law.

It would be a vandalism case here (destruction of private property), and you could get a varying bond, depending on the damage and intent. Usually around $2500 bond.

Fine and or jail time varies with state laws too, and the judge.

Expect restitution, fine and 1 year probated sentence with applicable court costs and probation fees.

Probably not worth it. Crime pays, but it only pays the government. wink

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Also, if it's family related, someone COULD possibly put their firearm ownership in jeopardy. Don't.

John

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
No penalties unless caught.

LOL
IC B2

R
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
R
dude, it ain't worth it.

My diploma is a DD214
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by seal_billy
For knocking the windshield out of a truck with a bat in broad day light with witnesses? Someone told me bail is 10% of bond. How much would that be for something like destuction of property, and how long would you have to stay in jail or what other possable fines could you end up with?

One of the dumbest questions ever posted on an open forum.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by 4ager

He's from Tennessee.

That's just one step above West Virginia. wink

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/30/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The price of many, many cases of beer, friend s.b.

Last edited by poboy; 06/30/15.

--- CAUGHT IN THE CROSSFIRE --- A Magic Time To Be An Illegal In America---
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
No need to lambast the guy. There may be good reason behind why he's even asking the question.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

If you have to ask, you can't afford it.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
S
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
S
I didn't say I was the one who did this you dumbasses, if you want to do the personal insult thing....
One above west virginia and three steps above colorado, if you wanna do the state insult thing...
Dumbasses always come in pairs... grin

If the person did this did it durring broad daylight with witnesses then he was probably making a point, ya think? I'm just wondering what he's faceing. Probably nothing, cause if the dude files charges the other guy will also file charges for the reason for the retaliation. Its how things work around here sometimes, its the only thing they understand. Jail don't effect these idiots.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Why would you do that?

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A

Jail don't effect these idiots.

You are just making my point.

As for Colorado. West Virginia may be number 1 in Meth, but we are probably number one for both Pot and Hippie girls.

The truth is, Colorado is the second most educated state. Tennessee is the 10th least educated state, and West Virginia is dead last.

1. West Virginia
> Bachelor’s degree or higher: 18.9%
> Median household income: $41,253 (3rd lowest)
> Pct. below poverty level: 18.5% (10th highest)

Less than 19% of West Virginia’s adult population had completed at least a bachelor’s degree in 2013, more than 10 percentage points lower than the national rate and the lowest rate in the country. Residents ages 18 to 24 across the nation were also far more likely than West Virginia residents of this age group to have an associate’s degree or at least some college experience. West Virginia was one of only a few states where less than half of residents between 18 and 24 had at least some college experience last year. And yet, residents were not the worst off relative other least educated states. The median earnings of West Virginians without a high school diploma was $20,267, in line with the national

10. Tennessee
> Bachelor’s degree or higher: 24.8%
> Median household income: $44,297 (9th lowest)
> Pct. below poverty level: 17.8% (12th highest)

While roughly 30% of American adults had attained some form of higher education last year, less than one-quarter of Tennessee residents had at least a bachelor’s degree. Like most states with low educational attainment rates, Tennessee households struggle to make ends meet. More than 17% of households relied on food stamps last year, more than in all but a handful of states. Adults who had not completed high school earned a median income of just $18,706, one of the lowest median earnings for Americans without a high school diploma. Tennessee recently adopted an alternative high school equivalency test, which is expected to make a high school diploma even more accessible to adults in the state. And in an effort to improve college attainment rates, Governor Bill Haslam announced in February a plan to make all state community colleges absolutely free to residents.

2. Colorado
> Bachelor’s degree or higher: 37.8%
> Median household income: $58,823 (12th highest)
> Pct. below poverty level: 13.0% (16th lowest)

While roughly 38% of Colorado residents had obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in 2013, only 5% of households had more than $200,000 in annual income, lower than in most of America’s most educated states. Median earnings among those with a higher level of education were also lower than in most other educated states. Residents ages 25 and up who finished their education with a bachelor’s degree earned less than $47,000, below the national median of $50,050. Geographical differences may be driving the lower levels of earnings. Colorado is one of only a few most educated state not located in the northeast.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/09/23/americas-most-and-least-educated-states/3/

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 06/30/15.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
If he's black, he'll probably get a parade, or at least an honerary riot if he gets arrested.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 4ager

Not hardly a dumb question.

It is summertime , hot as hell. I can think of a couple good reasons to bust out auto glass , not legal but good reasons.

Mike

Always talk to the old guys , they know stuff.

Jerry Miculek
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

As for Colorado. West Virginia may be number 1 in Meth, but we are probably number one for both Pot and Hippie girls.

The truth is, Colorado is the second most educated state. Tennessee is the 10th least educated state, and West Virginia is dead last.

1. West Virginia

Less than 19% of West Virginia’s adult population had completed at least a bachelor’s degree in 2013, more than 10 percentage points lower than the national rate and the lowest rate in the country. Residents ages 18 to 24 across the nation were also far more likely than West Virginia residents of this age group to have an associate’s degree or at least some college experience. West Virginia was one of only a few states where less than half of residents between 18 and 24 had at least some college experience last year. And yet, residents were not the worst off relative other least educated states. The median earnings of West Virginians without a high school diploma was $20,267, in line with the national

10. Tennessee

While roughly 30% of American adults had attained some form of higher education last year, less than one-quarter of Tennessee residents had at least a bachelor’s degree. Like most states with low educational attainment rates, Tennessee households struggle to make ends meet. More than 17% of households relied on food stamps last year, more than in all but a handful of states. Adults who had not completed high school earned a median income of just $18,706, one of the lowest median earnings for Americans without a high school diploma. Tennessee recently adopted an alternative high school equivalency test, which is expected to make a high school diploma even more accessible to adults in the state. And in an effort to improve college attainment rates, Governor Bill Haslam announced in February a plan to make all state community colleges absolutely free to residents.

2. Colorado

While roughly 38% of Colorado residents had obtained at least a bachelor’s degree in 2013, only 5% of households had more than $200,000 in annual income, lower than in most of America’s most educated states. Median earnings among those with a higher level of education were also lower than in most other educated states. Residents ages 25 and up who finished their education with a bachelor’s degree earned less than $47,000, below the national median of $50,050. Geographical differences may be driving the lower levels of earnings. Colorado is one of only a few most educated state not located in the northeast.

http://247wallst.com/special-report/2014/09/23/americas-most-and-least-educated-states/3/

And yet some of the stupidest mofos are now living in Colorado. Shows that an education and intelligent ain't the same.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Steelhead
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

1. West Virginia

10. Tennessee

2. Colorado

And yet some of the stupidest mofos are now living in Colorado. Shows that an education and intelligent ain't the same.

LMAO! Nail meet hammer.....

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
acy Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
seal billy- Here, in Michigan, when I set a bond on criminal charges, I have several options. I can set a straight dollar amount. Say... $5,000. If I do that, then the defendant can post the $5,000, or contact a bail bondsman and pay him whatever he charges to post the bond as a surety. I can also add an option for the defendant to post 10%, in this case $500. Another possibility is setting the bond amount as a personal recognizance bond, where there is no upfront money posted.
There are ramifications for each option. If defendant posts the full bond amount, then that full amount is available to be applied to fines, costs, restitution, etc..., or returned in full if charges are dropped or defendant is acquitted. If a bondsman posts, then whatever it cost is "lost", as there is no money posted to apply or return. If the ten percent option is used, then ten percent of the ten percent is forfeited to the county, regardless of how the case turns out.
When setting bond, I look at the severity of the offense, injuries, criminal history, likelihood of showing in Court, safety of the community, etc.
In your example, I assume we are talking about damage of $200 to $1,000. Here, that would be a misdemeanor punishable by up to one year in jail and/or fines of up to $2,000 plus costs of prosecution. Probation can be ordered for up to two years with whatever terms I find to be appropriate to the offense. Restitution would be ordered as well.
How I would sentence any particular defendant depends entirely on the facts of the case, and defendant's criminal history.
Hope this helps a little. Al

E
edk Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
E
I now understand how the antigun and pot laws got passed in Colorado. Between the 38 percent and the minorities it was easy. ED K

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

548 members (12344mag, 10gaugeman, 160user, 10gaugemag, 007FJ, 10ring1, 64 invisible), 2,907 guests, and 1,251 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,471,944
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.