Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I agree with everything you've said.

But, as a business owner, who wants to stay in business, you must understand the business environment you are dealing in....especially in today's f'd up PC world.

Bottom line, whether they suck a johnson, or munch a carpet, their money is a green as anyone else's.

Sometimes you have to just hold your nose and take their cake like anyone else's in order to stay in business.

Not saying it's right or wrong, just the environment we currently live in.

Tony

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by Kodiakisland
Are gun companies refusing to sell to gays now?

They are pretty damn wary of manufactured victims, to the point.

Guess you missed that.

Thought we were talking about Christians refusing to do business with gays.

Actually, no. This baker didn't refuse to do business with gay people. They were more than happy to sell them any products they made - except the one product that violated their religious beliefs because it required they provide material or direct support for a gay wedding. The Constitution doesn't say "Congress shall make no law abridging the free exercise of religion (unless you open a business)".

If I am a private practice anesthesiologist, can .Gov force me to participate in an abortion? The common sense response would be to ask, "Why would someone would seek out a Christian anesthesiologist to participate in an abortion?" Answer - because they were targeted for their religious beliefs. So why would someone seek out a fundamentalist Christian baker to participate materially in their gay wedding? Answer - because they are being targeted for government-sponsored persecution for their religious beliefs.

So why did the Pilgrims leave England to come to the New World? To flee religious persecution and the English government targeting them specifically because of their religious beliefs.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
So basically, the bakers played right into the liberals hands.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I don't think God gives a chit if you feed cake to Lesbians and make them Fat.

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Exactly....

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
Very good points. But then should one assume that this baker was actually targeted, from day one, for her religious beliefs? Don't know. I can't make that assumption. I do believe that Christian belief, originally as being an integral part of the American way, is being targeted today. And we are now, not a homogenous society. We are not even a society. The breakdown of the family as the original society, and the creation of narcissist children, now being the norm, is a big problem. No society, then anarchy.
Narcissists crave power. because power can control people. And power then increases narcisisstic behavior. Gays get power, want more power, not just to legitimize their behavior, but to control others. This is just the tip of the iceberg. We're not just talking gays here.

Last edited by Wyogal; 07/03/15.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
The baker was targeted. And they were persecuted to the fullest extent as the owners were sued both professionally and personally. The baker in Colorado was also targeted. That's without dispute. They went to the bakery with foreknowledge of their religious beliefs with the intent to sue when the specific service was denied. The Colorado baker chose to close their business rather than violate their beliefs.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
The judge who is handling the Oregon case just handed out a gag order against the baker.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...gag-order-against-opposing-gay-marriage/

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by dodgefan
The judge who is handling the Oregon case just handed out a gag order against the baker.
http://www.breitbart.com/big-govern...gag-order-against-opposing-gay-marriage/

That judge should be hung with a copy of the constitution shoved up his a$$ . I'm really fed up with this fascist BS of redefining our constitutional rights.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I don't think the founding fathers were all that keen on religions other than christianity having equal protection. This is a country founded on christian beliefs. If you demand equal protection for all religions in the US, be careful what you ask for. We're being overrun with muslims, do you really want equality or do you want a country "UNDER (the christian) GOD"? Wait till the muslims demand equal representation on our courts benches, schools, etc.

There's all this court precedence and hand wringing over equality in every sphere, but I think the fight for equality is more the root of the problem than the solution to anything.

Here's a fact- Not everyone is equal. That won't be obvious to everyone because, guess what, some can't be objective. Which proves the point perfectly. The slacker is not the equal the scholar. The tramp the equal of the clergyman. The cull the equal the statesman.

The men that founded the country were EXCEPTIONAL men. They paid a large price for their vision for this country. Of the many other men in the proximity, who were less exceptional, these men stood out and got it done. They were not equal.

The confusion is because they sought equality in some ways, as in protection to live out your life free of govt harassment and abuse by your fellow man. They never said that all men were equal in honor, integrity, legitimacy.

The modern argument is to give all the illegitimate bastards legitimacy through "equal protection". That was never the intent, IMO. Immoral, stupid, illegitimate will always be just that, no matter what the crazies want you to think it is. Sure, protect everyone from harm, but not baking a cake for you isn't harming you. The entire premise is more than ridiculous, it's insulting to any thinking man. But, gays are now "equal", so we must validate their cries of abuse, at all cost to normal and healthy society.

There's no way in hell we want equality. What we want is the God of the Bible, rule of law under that God, and sanity in our society. If you want "equality", you better think real hard what that's going to look like. Not everyone is equal, nor should they be treated as such.

LOL
IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
How can a judge hand out a gag order post fine.?

They'd have to put me in jail I guess...

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
How can a judge hand out a gag order post fine.?

They'd have to put me in jail I guess...

They'd be glad to oblige. That's always been the end game.

LOL
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Link..![/color][/b]

Not content with trampling freedom of religion, Oregon authorities have now turned to freedom of speech, issuing a gag order to the Christian owners of Sweet Cakes by Melissa forbidding them from speaking or writing about their Christian beliefs regarding same-sex marriage.

On Thursday, Oregon Labor Commissioner Brad Avakian upheld a preliminary finding that sentenced Aaron and Melissa Klein, the Christian bakers who refused to make a cake for a same-sex wedding, to a fine of $135,000 in emotional damages to the homosexual couple they denied service, but also added a new provision forbidding them to speak about their unwillingness to serve a gay marriage.

[b][color:#FF0000]The couple had accused the Kleins of “mental rape,” adding that they had suffered a “loss of appetite” and “impaired digestion,” which remarkably led to “weight gain.”

Twisting the actual facts of the case, Avakian declared that the bakers had refused the couple service because they were lesbians, which is demonstrably false, since they happily served other homosexuals who were not seeking a gay wedding cake.

“This case is not about a wedding cake or a marriage,” Avakian wrote. “It is about a business’s refusal to serve someone because of their sexual orientation. Under Oregon law, that is illegal.”

The Oregon official imposed a gag order on the couple, mandating that they “cease and desist” from speaking publicly about not wanting to bake cakes for same-sex weddings based on their Christian beliefs.

“The Commissioner of the Bureau of Labor and Industries hereby orders [Aaron and Melissa Klein] to cease and desist from publishing, circulating, issuing or displaying, or causing to be published … any communication to the effect that any of the accommodations … will be refused, withheld from or denied to, or that any discrimination be made against, any person on account of their sexual orientation,” Avakian wrote.

The gag order was issued after the Kleins participated in an interview with Family Research Council’s Tony Perkins. During the interview, Aaron said among other things, “This fight is not over. We will continue to stand strong.”

Indeed, the couple is not rolling over and playing dead.

“This effectively strips us of all our First Amendment rights,” wrote the Kleins on their Facebook page. “According to the state of Oregon we neither have freedom of religion or freedom of speech.”

The Kleins’ attorney Anna Harmon called the judgment a “shocking result which shows the state’s relentless campaign to punish Oregonians who live and work according to their faith.”

The Kleins have already been victims of harassment, including having the Sweet Cakes by Melissa car vandalized and broken into twice, and having photographers and florists sever ties with the company. This forced the couple to close the bakery in September 2013, eventually relocating to the couple’s home in Sandy.

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
The baker was targeted. And they were persecuted to the fullest extent as the owners were sued both professionally and personally. The baker in Colorado was also targeted. That's without dispute. They went to the bakery with foreknowledge of their religious beliefs with the intent to sue when the specific service was denied. The Colorado baker chose to close their business rather than violate their beliefs.

They were just sending a message, don't resist or we will bankrupt you in the courts

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
Originally Posted by Scott F
There is no way I will believe the gay couple did not purposely seek out this baker and go for the bucks. It was a setup from the start.

The bakery had baked a cake for one of the mother of one of the brides a few years earlier. It was a word of mouth recommendation.

Page 5.... http://media.oregonlive.com/business_impact/other/BOLI-sweetcakes.pdf

Well that changed my mind about the intent. After looking at the judgement I have several thoughts. First, under Oregon law the baker is clearly guilty but I did not doubt that in the beginning. Second, There was more involved than baking and delivering the cake. The baker set up and participated in the wedding thereby becoming part of a ceremony that his faith clearly states is against God's will. Thirdly, the State is demanding that someone in business must put aside their faith or face consequences. Where the did the freedom go to peacefully practice your freedom of religion. Lastly, I am dead set against discrimination and I can see where the brides were discriminated against. I do not think the punishment fit the crime in that the fines seem to be to be way more than the offence.

With the new SC ruling it is something most religions will have to start dealing with. State will now be saying what church can or cannot be forced to accept.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444

Forcing him to bake a cake makes him complicit in the whole gay ceremony, something that he Does Not want to be a part of.

A person should not be forced to do something against their will that violates the core of their religious beliefs. You will never get me to believe otherwise, no matter the argument.

If you are forced under threat of law/fine/prison to associate and do business with people against your will are you really "free"???

The other shoe dropping is the pederast asking a baker to make a cake celebrating his adolescent/pre-pubescent "boyfriend". That's coming, because we all know that "they" are never satisfied with their on-going destruction of traditional Western Civilization standards and values.

"To compel a man to furnish funds for the propagation of ideas he disbelieves and abhors is sinful and tyrannical." -- Thomas Jefferson

We are all Rhodesians now.

E
Campfire Oracle
Online Content
Campfire Oracle
E
Don't know if this has been mentioned,but,the lesbian couple could start their own catering/baking business directed at/for gay "marriage."

Life Member SCI
Life Member DSC
Member New Mexico Shooting Sports Association

Take your responsibilities seriously, never yourself-Ken Howell

Proper bullet placement + sufficient penetration = quick, clean kill. Finn Aagard

Ken
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
The baker was targeted.

This one wasn't. But you'd have to actually research the case to know that.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux
There is no way I will believe the gay couple did not purposely seek out this baker and go for the bucks. It was a setup from the start.

The bakery had baked a cake for one of the mother of one of the brides a few years earlier. It was a word of mouth recommendation.

Page 5.... http://media.oregonlive.com/business_impact/other/BOLI-sweetcakes.pdf

Well that changed my mind about the intent. After looking at the judgement I have several thoughts. First, under Oregon law the baker is clearly guilty but I did not doubt that in the beginning. Second, There was more involved than baking and delivering the cake. The baker set up and participated in the wedding thereby becoming part of a ceremony that his faith clearly states is against God's will. Thirdly, the State is demanding that someone in business must put aside their faith or face consequences. Where the did the freedom go to peacefully practice your freedom of religion. Lastly, I am dead set against discrimination and I can see where the brides were discriminated against. I do not think the punishment fit the crime in that the fines seem to be to be way more than the offence.

With the new SC ruling it is something most religions will have to start dealing with. State will now be saying what church can or cannot be forced to accept.

The church will go underground. Look at China. The social clubs will stay where they are because they are no threat.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Speaking of going underground to avoid persecution, how's Mark?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 7 of 12 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

524 members (12344mag, 1badf350, 10gaugemag, 1234, 17CalFan, 007FJ, 68 invisible), 2,422 guests, and 1,193 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,020
Posts18,500,437
Members73,986
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.