Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Wyogal
America is being detatched from its moral anchors, one thread at a time....

Isn't it though. And a darn fine effort to boot.

Everything came together to form the "perfect storm" in 2008. I don't give the Lefty knuckleheads all the credit, it seems that there's more to the U.S. sudden implosion...

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Deerwhacker444
Originally Posted by Wyogal
America is being detatched from its moral anchors, one thread at a time....

Isn't it though. And a darn fine effort to boot.

Everything came together to form the "perfect storm" in 2008. I don't give the Lefty knuckleheads all the credit, it seems that there's more to the U.S. sudden implosion...

Sudden???

This has been in the making since 1912.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[/i]my wife had a buddha head in her shop, thought it was a cute decoration.

she got a letter from a lady "offended" for her displaying an idol of a graven image

thank God she was Christian, they'd have laughed her out of the courtroom, so NO we didn't get sued.

we wrote her a letter, nice one btw, that the bust seemed to suit the decor of the room it was place in and sorry if it offended her but that was not our intent.

I'm gonna ask momma if she'd like to hang the stars and bars in one of the treatment rooms!

135K????

they think they were anguished??? lmao, can I sue politicians for the anguish they cause me? [i]

Last edited by 2legit2quit; 07/03/15.

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
antelope_sniper,

So the late bureaucrat would have more to gain by manipulating the texts ascribed to Paul then Plato.

The problem with your desired theory is Apostle Paul's letters were immediately copied and sent out to other churches. One would have to be in charge of the original manuscript to accomplish what you want.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Since when does a state law trump the US Constitution?

Last edited by 308ragincajun; 07/03/15.
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
In Oregon, they couldn't find a baker willing to bake a cake for a gay wedding? Or even a gay baker? On the left coast? IMO, these people were targeted and set up.

K
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
K
The jerk from the state that assessed the fine is known to attend gay functions and did donate to a gay organization in Portland.

�Nothing is so permanent as a temporary government program." -- Milton Friedman
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I wonder when someone's going to ask a gay baker to cater their support traditional marriage rally.

Bb

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
No. They. Weren't.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Targeted or not, some laws should not be supported or enforced and shoudl have never been allowed on the books.

Was a better world before all this we all have to be even bullchit started.

I know, I"m somewhat in the enforcement business too and I see quite a bit of rules come down the pike that i have to enforce but totally disagree with.

My pat answer about dumb laws, is that I would not live in a town that had laws like ours, as I'd get in a fight with myself over enforcing them and I"d tell myself to GFmyself...Thats why I at least dont live in a city of any size and never intend to if I can help it.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
It's frankly no skin off my nose if gays wed each other. I don't care what they do. I just want them to quit rubbing it in our faces and STFU about it.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by Ringman
antelope_sniper,

So the late bureaucrat would have more to gain by manipulating the texts ascribed to Paul then Plato.

The problem with your desired theory is Apostle Paul's letters were immediately copied and sent out to other churches. One would have to be in charge of the original manuscript to accomplish what you want.

We don't have any of the originals, or the copies of the originals, or the copies of the copies. The earliest fragments we have from Romans are dated to around 200 AD, and Romans 13.1-5 is not in that manuscript.

Last edited by antelope_sniper; 07/03/15.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by Scott F
Originally Posted by SCOOTERBUM
Why do we argue about these local laws?

It is the Law Of God that we need to be concerned with.

Do we not remember what happened to cities of Sodom, and Gomorrah, and the cities of the south?

Romans 13:1-5

1 Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God.
2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow.
3 For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well.
4 The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong.
5 So you must obey the government for two reasons: to keep from being punished and to keep a clear conscience.

I have to wonder if Paul actually wrote that, or if it was added in by some later government bureaucrat.

There are days I wish I could prove your suspicions were right. grin

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Governments were not a plan of God. The Hebrews, while in the wilderness, demanded laws to live by. God reluctantly allowed it, eventually delivering the Ten Commandments, to Moses, on the mount.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter

Do we not remember what happened to cities of Sodom, and Gomorrah, and the cities of the south?

1 Obey the government, for God is the one who put it there. All governments have been placed in power by God.
2 So those who refuse to obey the laws of the land are refusing to obey God, and punishment will follow.
3 For the authorities do not frighten people who are doing right, but they frighten those who do wrong. So do what they say, and you will get along well.
4 The authorities are sent by God to help you. But if you are doing something wrong, of course you should be afraid, for you will be punished. The authorities are established by God for that very purpose, to punish those who do wrong.
5 So you must obey the government for two reasons: to keep from being punished and to keep a clear conscience.
Obviously, that only applies when the govt is in harmony with divine law. Otherwise, trying to overthrow Hitler would have been a sin.

Interesting how that passage stands out from the rest of the Bible. The entire Bible, from the tower of Babylon to the crowning of Saul, to Jesus' criticism of the rulers of Jerusalem and his pointing out the hypocrisy of rendering unto Caesar, is a warning against replacing God with government.

Islam is a terrorist organization.

S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
I only threw it out to stir the pot. I agree wit you but you are spoiling all my fun.

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You toss em. I hit em. grin

Islam is a terrorist organization.

H
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
H
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
Since when does a state law trump the US Constitution?

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"

Jesus, for people with hard on about the "law", I can't understand how they have such difficulty following it, or getting all jacked up about enforcing faux law when real Constitutional issues like the border and invasion are ignored in the same breath.

Many states had no issue amending their Constitutions to define marriage (like they are supposed to), yet the Federal government can't follow its own rules and doesn't want to. Where is the Federal Amendment then? Where is the representative government?

Too many "free" people want to be ruled by a court or an elected jester; our government doesn't work that way, which is why its not working and why everyone who actually believes in the process is now a freedom hating bigot.....

All three Federal government branches are one big team that has been hell bent on circumventing the 10th Amendment and enough people seem to think that's the way it works, which is why its broke.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Can't agree with your version Scott.. Try this:

Romans 13:1-5King James Version (KJV)

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GeoW,

Can't agree with your version Scott.. Try this:

Romans 13:1-5King James Version (KJV)

13 Let every soul be subject unto the higher powers. For there is no power but of God: the powers that be are ordained of God.

2 Whosoever therefore resisteth the power, resisteth the ordinance of God: and they that resist shall receive to themselves damnation.

3 For rulers are not a terror to good works, but to the evil. Wilt thou then not be afraid of the power? do that which is good, and thou shalt have praise of the same:

4 For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: for he is the minister of God, a revenger to execute wrath upon him that doeth evil.

5 Wherefore ye must needs be subject, not only for wrath, but also for conscience sake.

That may have been crystal clear in 1611, but It does not communicate what the "higher power" is in the twenty-first century. AA uses "higher power" for its participants. They are encouraged to use anything they want as a "higher power".

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Page 9 of 12 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

677 members (1minute, 1moredeer, 160user, 12344mag, 10Glocks, 16penny, 59 invisible), 2,603 guests, and 1,226 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,844
Posts18,496,917
Members73,979
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.