-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So we re-translate the Word to fit our pleasure?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

GeoW, The "Unwoke" ...Let's go Brandon!

"A Well Regulated Militia" Life Member

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
GeoW,

You can't be serious! The guys who translated the Bible in 1611 used the best manuscripts available and the best language of the day. Today, if we want the best information for the readers, we use the best manuscripts available and the best language of our day to communicate to the readers. The Bible is not re-translated over and over. Each group gets the best manuscripts they can to keep their version as close to the original language as possible.

The idea of using a 1611 Book and using 1611 dictionaries and commentaries for us to use a Book meant for the masses is ridiculous.

I was thirty years old when I became a Christian. I did the above and worked hard at studies. Then I discovered the New American Standard Bible and later the New King James Bible. I was delighted at the ease with which I could study God's Word.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by HawkI
Originally Posted by 308ragincajun
Since when does a state law trump the US Constitution?

"The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people"

Jesus, for people with hard on about the "law", I can't understand how they have such difficulty following it, or getting all jacked up about enforcing faux law when real Constitutional issues like the border and invasion are ignored in the same breath.

Many states had no issue amending their Constitutions to define marriage (like they are supposed to), yet the Federal government can't follow its own rules and doesn't want to. Where is the Federal Amendment then? Where is the representative government?

Too many "free" people want to be ruled by a court or an elected jester; our government doesn't work that way, which is why its not working and why everyone who actually believes in the process is now a freedom hating bigot.....

All three Federal government branches are one big team that has been hell bent on circumventing the 10th Amendment and enough people seem to think that's the way it works, which is why its broke.

The first amendment to the US Constitution states "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Explain to me what part of the firs amendment did not get violated with the application of state law in this case? Clearly the judge put state law ahead of the constitution in this case?. I'm not religious or anti gay marriage, but this clearly a violation of our basic freedoms and liberties afforded in the constitution. The erosion of those freedoms makes me want to get off the porch.

"Life is tough, even tougher if your stupid"
John Wayne
S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Governments....Bibles....Times....Definitions?

Now then, let's jump forward to the present day, and discuss this One World Government thing, you know, that thing that is knocking at our door, and the anti-christ that will be it's leader.

Governments? Really?

Are we to be in praise of our Governments? And are we to praise the laws brought forth?

If we are to follow the direction of our governments, then will we all be obliged to take the Mark of the Beast?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
When Jesus was found to have broken no laws, but was found guilty anyway, and sentenced to death by crucifixion, and died, and entombed, and arisen from the dead, and walked among the population for forty days, and ascended into heaven, he then sent to us the helper. The Holy Spirit. To lead and to guide us.

Since our country has deviated from the path of righteousness, and developed sinful ways, the Holy Spirit began to be "taken out of the way", no longer co-mingling with us, and our state of decay and destruction had begun.

There would be only one way to bring the Holy Spirit back into the fold, if this were even possible.

IC B2

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
God is always with us.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SCOOTERBUM
Since our country has deviated from the path of righteousness, and developed sinful ways, the Holy Spirit began to be "taken out of the way", no longer co-mingling with us,...

Hmmm...

He said He would NEVER leave us, or forsake us.

Every day on this side of the ground is a win.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Well, this thread got weird.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Sooner or Later than usual.?

S
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
S
Bluedreaux,

Are you a LEO?

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Nah, he mentioned one time he's a Sagittarius...

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Ringman
GeoW,

You can't be serious! The guys who translated the Bible in 1611 used the best manuscripts available and the best language of the day. Today, if we want the best information for the readers, we use the best manuscripts available and the best language of our day to communicate to the readers. The Bible is not re-translated over and over. Each group gets the best manuscripts they can to keep their version as close to the original language as possible.

The idea of using a 1611 Book and using 1611 dictionaries and commentaries for us to use a Book meant for the masses is ridiculous.

I was thirty years old when I became a Christian. I did the above and worked hard at studies. Then I discovered the New American Standard Bible and later the New King James Bible. I was delighted at the ease with which I could study God's Word.

Oh but I am serious. What you said was if one has problems with the KJV just shop around and find a version that suits you. There are versions for everyone, I guess.

How many meanings can you find for this? Do your versions make it easier for you to understand?

Deuteronomy 5:7(KJV)
7 Thou shalt have none other gods before me.

You kinda shoot from the hip with your Christianity, don't you?

"I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man."
Thomas Jefferson

T
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
T
Gays couldn't have anything close to the tyrannical power they do without massive funding; and the support of the controllers of the MSM (both news and entertainment), the education establishment, and the courts.

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
Originally Posted by GeoW
Originally Posted by Ringman
GeoW,

Oh but I am serious. What you said was if one has problems with the KJV just shop around and find a version that suits you. There are versions for everyone, I guess.

How many meanings can you find for this? Do your versions make it easier for you to understand?

So who decided that the KJV is the right one,and the others are inferior? Does that mean the KJV is the word of God and the others are not? Could someone pick up one of the others and in your opinion still learn enough to be saved?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
So you are saying that the many translations are translated from original manuscripts, just as the KJV? Or are they translations of the KJV?

Ephesians 2:8 (KJV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

I really don't think one needs to bury himself in volumes of written materiel to be saved, regardless of translation.

Thomas Jefferson

X
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
X
I'm not saying anything, I honestly don't know that much about it. How "original" are we talking regarding these KJV manuscripts? Like the original,very first writing? If not, how can we be sure they are the best ones to use? I've heard people champion one version over the other, and find it a bit puzzling. They all claim its the inerrant word of God, but which one? If they aren't the same, and some are inferior/superior, how can one say its the inerrant word of God?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by xxclaro
I'm not saying anything, I honestly don't know that much about it. How "original" are we talking regarding these KJV manuscripts? Like the original,very first writing? If not, how can we be sure they are the best ones to use? I've heard people champion one version over the other, and find it a bit puzzling. They all claim its the inerrant word of God, but which one? If they aren't the same, and some are inferior/superior, how can one say its the inerrant word of God?

First version was written from 1604 to 1611 when it was completed for England.
King James Bible (KJB), is an English translation of the Christian Bible for the Church of England, Wiki

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Originally Posted By Ringman
GeoW,

Quote:

Are you saying to be a serious Christian one has to use the King James Version Bible? How 'bout the Chinese or Brazilians? What do they use? One does not need to shop around to find a Bible that says what he wants if he is a serious Christian. He goes to the book store and gets a modern translation and reads and applies it to his daily life. That is something I doubt very seriously you do. I base that on the number of folks over the last forty-one years who go on the attack instead of rejoice with me because I am reading and trying to apply God's Word to my life everyday.

You are being silly. To handle accurately the Word of God one needs to understand what he is reading. Using the most up to date language from a translation of the most reliable manuscripts allows us that privilege. They make reading and understanding God's Word much easier!

The idea I shoot from the hip with my Christianity is an accusation I have not heard before. You are clever but also are foolish not to recognize the value of a serious person wanting to understand and obey God's Word.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Stormin Norman, See Below:

"Amendment XIV,Sec.1 All persons born or naturalized in the United States and subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States, and the state wherein they reside. No state shall make or enforce any law which shall abridge the privileges of immunities of citizens of the United States."

Last edited by 308ragincajun; 07/04/15.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by SCOOTERBUM
Bluedreaux,

Are you a LEO?

No. I'm a fighter pilot.

Do you seriously not recognize me?

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Page 10 of 12 1 2 8 9 10 11 12

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

537 members (160user, 17CalFan, 222Sako, 22250rem, 12344mag, 22kHornet, 49 invisible), 2,079 guests, and 1,232 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,011
Posts18,481,490
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.