Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
whistle

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
GB1

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Ingwe, you sound like me when I show some one a picture of a mess of huge bluegills and shellcrackers and they ask where I caught them my responce is always the holston river which is very long and has a dozen reservoirs along it.

Ridgerunner, while your learning to fish hardware you might as well buy some Rapalas, original floaters, count downs and flat raps. Brown trout around here like meat better than bugs. Minnow eating browns get BIG.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Rapalas, in my neck of the woods, the jointed one are the way to go.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Last edited by Anaconda; 07/11/15.

MOLON LABE
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by seal_billy
Ingwe, you sound like me when I show some one a picture of a mess of huge bluegills and shellcrackers and they ask where I caught them my responce is always the holston river which is very long and has a dozen reservoirs along it.

There aint much more fun than catching brim on a flyrod or an ultralight...we might have to exchange info....under the table of course wink

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
You are correct friend! I use a 4wt 7' with a popping bug and a dropper with a black ant on it. I also tie the most deadly jig ever and use a long UL spinning rod and #2-#4 line. The word FUN doesn't fully define the experience.

About the exchange of info, how can I be so sure you won't slicker me into a bad trade, my honey hole for your dead end road in the middle of Montucky somewhere? grin

PM Sent.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
IC B2

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Originally Posted by Anaconda
Rapalas, in my neck of the woods, the jointed one are the way to go.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

THATS RIGHT! I got a few jointed minners too. Rainbows like'em too I see. You western guys really live in a trout mecca.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by seal_billy

About the exchange of info, how can I be so sure you won't slicker me into a bad trade, my honey hole for your dead end road in the middle of Montucky somewhere? grin

PM Sent.

You throw the dice and take your chances! grin

We used to use a mini-beetle spin safety pin lure a lot on bluegills...but the popping bug was the fave...

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Mini beetle spins are my favs for fishing around woody cover. I already miss may but look forward to october.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
May and September were the months where we were at too.....Used to bass fish down there but honestly found we caught as many bass fishing for brim....so that was a no brainer.
Working a shoreline would be brim after brim...then a short quiet stretch, which simply meant " Get ready!" theres a bass in there! grin

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

535 members (1Longbow, 1936M71, 1moredeer, 1beaver_shooter, 01Foreman400, 1minute, 66 invisible), 2,642 guests, and 1,367 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,452
Posts18,471,057
Members73,934
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.