-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Glad to.hear the surgery went well David. Give 'lil sis a big Campfire hug and tell her to keep kickin' cancers ass!

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
David, that is great news but nobody is to stop praying yet!

My first round was with colon cancer. Dr. had me drink some pretty bad tasting stuff and then stretched me out on the x-ray table. He pushed on my stomach and I could see in the monitor junk squirting out thru an intestine. He says, Mr, you are in bad shape as in right at the end of the line and without surgery, you will not make it thru the night. Ok, I says, start cutting. I woke up the next morning in recovery and that was the last of that deal until he opened me up thirty days later to sew me back together like a person should be. Eighteen sessions of chemo were added in but that really wasn't too bad.

Rebecca is going to win this inning!

The Mayans had it right. If you�re going to predict the future, it�s best to aim far beyond your life expectancy, lest you wind up red-faced in a bunker overstocked with Spam and ammo.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She and you are both in my prayers. This blows big time.

Broncos are officially the worst team in the nation this year.
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
You and baby sister are in our prayers.

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
David ,I just read this, so sorry to learn about this. I haven't been on here much since dealing with Mother's death and now her estate.
You , your family, and your sister and her family are in my sincere prayers for a great report and a 9th inning Grand Slam, she must be a very strong lady( she is a Tiger). Godspeed for a quick recovery, and anything I can do , please let me know.

Claude

CO School of Trades, Gunsmithing, '76
Clemson University '74
Go Tigers
IC B2

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
You sir, have my prayers.

I'd rather have a bad day hunting than a good day working!
R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Prayers and thoughts for you and your sister sir.

Communists: I still hate them even after they changed their name to "liberals".

My boss asked why I wasn't working. I told him I was being a democrat for Halloween.
byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Hi Friends!!

Because so many of you kind and caring folks have inquired as to Rebecca's well being I felt I should post the latest.

It is officially confirmed that Bec does have stage 4 Ovarian cancer that has metastasized into her stomach lining, which is extremely rare. Thinking that's why MD Anderson accepted her so quickly. Local Doctors are calling for 21 weeks of chemo, which will have a huge impact on her tiny muscular frame. Without chemo 1 year. With chemo 2-4 years. Best case scenario 10 years or so they say. I figure that decision is with The Creator and he seems to like us!! grin

SO...we have moved well into the 4th inning. I just put she and her 22 year old (tomorrow) son on a plane for Houston and MD Anderson. She was no sooner on the plane when she sent me a text stating both her and Miller wished I was going with. So I may just do so tomorrow. Along with my other blessed sister.

I will give this to y'all straight.....The extended family is scared. I mean really scared. I have never been so scared in my whole life. But I have to tell you Becky is showing no signs of fear and lighting up everyone she comes in contact with. The other day at TJ Maxx she was talking to the manager and the subject of cancer came up. He started crying because she was so upbeat and positive. He simply said, "someone needs to cry for you." She is something else for sure.

Thank YOU all again for your thoughts, prayers and inquiries. We will fight this evil to the end. Your priceless support is greatly appreciated.

With You All!

David Lee

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

H
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
H
Please tell her to fight the good fight. Ovarian cancer treatments vary. If you can get her to one of the best centers in the world, Dana Farber. They are pioneers in many types of cancer treatment especially Ovarian.

Best to you both.

http://www.dana-farber.org/Adult-Care/Treatment-and-Support/Ovarian-Cancer.aspx

Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny.
Thomas Jefferson

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
God bless you all, byc.

Last edited by eyeball; 07/18/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B3

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
More Prayers on the way for your Sister and Family!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc
Hi Friends!!

Because so many of you kind and caring folks have inquired as to Rebecca's well being I felt I should post the latest.

It is officially confirmed that Bec does have stage 4 Ovarian cancer that has metastasized into her stomach lining, which is extremely rare. Thinking that's why MD Anderson accepted her so quickly. Local Doctors are calling for 21 weeks of chemo, which will have a huge impact on her tiny muscular frame. Without chemo 1 year. With chemo 2-4 years. Best case scenario 10 years or so they say. I figure that decision is with The Creator and he seems to like us!! grin

SO...we have moved well into the 4th inning. I just put she and her 22 year old (tomorrow) son on a plane for Houston and MD Anderson. She was no sooner on the plane when she sent me a text stating both her and Miller wished I was going with. So I may just do so tomorrow. Along with my other blessed sister.

I will give this to y'all straight.....The extended family is scared. I mean really scared. I have never been so scared in my whole life. But I have to tell you Becky is showing no signs of fear and lighting up everyone she comes in contact with. The other day at TJ Maxx she was talking to the manager and the subject of cancer came up. He started crying because she was so upbeat and positive. He simply said, "someone needs to cry for you." She is something else for sure.

Thank YOU all again for your thoughts, prayers and inquiries. We will fight this evil to the end. Your priceless support is greatly appreciated.

With You All!

David Lee

More prayers on the way. Stay strong and fight hard.

Member: Clan of the Turdlike People.

Courage is Fear that has said its Prayers

�If we ever forget that we are one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.� Ronald Reagan.

H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
David your sister and you remain in my daily prayers strength to all of you.

keep faith....

M
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
M
David,

She is the bravest person you know, and by her example she is teaching you and all around her to be brave. Find YOUR brave and walk with her, it will be the best of all medicines she will ever receive.

May the Lord Bless her on this journey, along with all those that love her, and all that will care for her along the road to a God given recovery.

Lynn

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
She's in good hands, hoping for 10 years plus!! Prayers sent.

Jed York does not own the 49ers; Russell Wilson does.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Draw from her strength and don't let your feelings show with the exception of love.

byc Offline OP
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
She and her son just landed in Houston for their visit to MD Anderson.

Now I ask you does this look like a young lady who has terminal cancer? And how in the heck did they take over the plane?? wink

[Linked Image]

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Sounds like she has the Holy Spirit in her. Nuff said. We will cry for her so she can save her strength to get better. God Bless.

Faith and love of others knows no mileage nor bounds. That's simply the way it is.
dogzapper

After the game is over, the king and the pawn go into the same box.
Italian Proverb

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Still praying here!

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
W
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
W
Continued prayers and good wishes from N.C. Love the picture above! smile

Page 7 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

69 members (Big1bud, beefan, 300_savage, BangPop, 907brass, 6 invisible), 1,432 guests, and 829 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,592
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.