Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by 4winds
I dunno Obie, sure likes like miniflave killed the hell outta those dear in the pics above.

Travis,

What 223 loads, twist, barrel length, are you/your boy using?

1-8". 20" barrel.

I believe all those were with the 50gr. TTSX and H335.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
GB1

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by obie458
I know with proper shot placement you can kill any animal with just about any caliber ever made but that doesn't mean it's a good idea to try it.

More pics? Sheesh. I have a lot of fans.

Travis

My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Travis prefers Tumbleweed IPA, which is real beer.

You gotta try some Elevator from the brewery in Belt.

Very, very good. I see Tumbleweed more and more lately. They must be doing well.

Travis

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
If I see any Elevator will give it a try.

Tumbleweed is doing so well around here that the local grocery store is often out, and i have to go to the local Town Pump and pay another 50 cents a sixpack.

We bought some Chainbreaker White IPA in Bozone while selling books at the gun show a couple weeks ago. It's made in Bend, Oregon along with 17 zillion other microbrews and Nosler bullets. We liked it a lot and when I flew to Oregon right after the gun show to visit Leupold's factory they had Chainbreaker and some other Bend beers at a little dinner for several gun writers. After the Leupold tour we went to Bend and never saw any Chainbreaker, but then looking for a specific beer in Bend is like looking for a specific model of fast-twist .223 among Montana hunters: There are so many it's hard to pick just one.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
JB: Is the white IPA similar to Belgian White or does it have that hoppy aftertaste?

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
IC B2

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
excellent.

Expecting kid rifle info, and were talking beer.

Next thing you know, an Ackley improved thread will have chick pics.....

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
If I see any Elevator will give it a try.

Tumbleweed is doing so well around here that the local grocery store is often out, and i have to go to the local Town Pump and pay another 50 cents a sixpack.

We bought some Chainbreaker White IPA in Bozone while selling books at the gun show a couple weeks ago. It's made in Bend, Oregon along with 17 zillion other microbrews and Nosler bullets. We liked it a lot and when I flew to Oregon right after the gun show to visit Leupold's factory they had Chainbreaker and some other Bend beers at a little dinner for several gun writers. After the Leupold tour we went to Bend and never saw any Chainbreaker, but then looking for a specific beer in Bend is like looking for a specific model of fast-twist .223 among Montana hunters: There are so many it's hard to pick just one.

My go-to gas station (which is also a bait shop and a gun store) started carrying Bent Nail. I told them "Buy a lot, because it flies off the shelf." They insisted they'd bought plenty and they were out two days later. They've done a much better job since. I don't think most people realize how well those good IPA's sell.

If you have not done so, try Lewis and Clark's Yellowstone Beer. It's great for when you have to sober up.

Travis

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
I'm headed to Bend for the week and was thinking of stopping off at Nosler. My twin brother went to school with John Nosler and was gonna see if he'd give me a tour. Worth checking out?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Tom,

The Deschutes Brewery White IPA is real hoppy, like regular IPA's, but is made with wheat instead of barley, hence the lack of color and a slightly mellower flavor on the front end. But it's definitely hoppy, so ain't like Belgian White.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by Higbean
I'm headed to Bend for the week and was thinking of stopping off at Nosler. My twin brother went to school with John Nosler and was gonna see if he'd give me a tour. Worth checking out?

I have enjoyed touring the factory each time I have traveled through Bend.

Semper Fi
IC B3

M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Higbean,

You never know, but John is pretty busy these days so I doubt he could conduct a tour himself. In fact we barely saw John in passing while there, since he was always zipping some place or another. The last time I toured the plant, 9 years ago, he was the guide. Since then Zack Waterman has become the PR guy, and he conducted the tour.

John Steinbeck
O
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
O
What is "way more power"? Can you describe what that means and how it relates?

Reduced 7mm-08 ammo shooting a 140gr bullet at 2365fps will have 1738 ft. lbs. and a Taylor KO factor of 13,

120gr bullet @ 2675fps will have 1906 ft. lbs and a Taylor KO of 13.

A .223 shooting a 60gr bullet @ 3160fps will have 1330 ft. lbs. and a Taylor KO of 6.

I know many people regard these numbers as nothing more than numbers but many others regard them as a measure of the ability to cleanly kill an animal.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Kind of interesting that in this same section of Ask the Gunwriters there's another posting regarding 4895 and 60% rule and there's just as many advocates behind using reduce loads.

I can see merits in both approaches.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Taylor KO is funny. What's the Hornady one? H.A.R.P. Or something?

Let's get back to talking about beer. Sierra Nevada brews better beer than anyone and does it right here in my home town. There is nothing better and I'm headed to Bend to prove I'm right. Will advise...

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Those numbers don't mean much by themselves.

The Taylor KO figure was an attempt at quantifying how solids put the whack on things. It's basically momentum x diameter.

A 458 Winchester shooting round nose solids has a much bigger KO figure than say a 243 Winchester shooting 95 grain Ballistic Tips. Start putting them through deer lungs and which do you think will prove to be the faster killer over a number of trials?

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by obie458
I know many people regard these numbers as nothing more than numbers but many others regard them as a measure of the ability to cleanly kill an animal.

You know what tells you the most about cleaning killing animals? Cleanly killing animals.

[Linked Image]

Dave

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by Higbean
Let's get back to talking about beer. Sierra Nevada brews better beer than anyone and does it right here in my home town. There is nothing better and I'm headed to Bend to prove I'm right. Will advise...

That's not a bad brewery, but nowhere near the best. I like the Torpedos.

(insert dick joke)

(insert second dick joke due to using the word "insert")

Travis

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Insert third dick joke, due to saying "insert second dick."

Fourth ...

Fifth ...

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Torpedo in the cans are good but it's pretty tough to beat their Ruthless Rye and Nooner.

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
It's like perpetual motion

Page 6 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

591 members (12344mag, 1936M71, 160user, 1badf350, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 58 invisible), 2,471 guests, and 1,216 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,409
Posts18,470,295
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.