Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by RWE
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Saddest thing is that if yada yada yada.....

I like the "if" posts.

Could you come up with one where I win the lottery?

"IF" you buy the winning ticket, you win the lottery.

"IF" you interfere with a cop mistreating someone, any other cops present are gonna interfere with you.

Is that better?

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Question to Officer Bonehead:

"How would you have felt if the situation arosw that your colleauge had to defend you or another fellow officer with that tampered weapon? What if that tampered wapon cost the life of an officer?"

Can the idiot.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Or, if the officer with the altered weapon had to make a precise shot in a situation with a kid's life on the line. 12 low and 12 right could have quite easily ended up hitting someone not a perp.

Officer Bermudez should have been fired for assaulting the high school students. He is being fired for this.

He should have gotten his ass kicked over both incidents.

I can also guarantee you that if there were any people arrested by that jackass during his 10 years with Georgetown PD that had any issues at all, they'll be filing suit and wanting a full investigation.

Keeping that jackass on the PD in Georgetown is going to end up costing the Georgetown taxpayers a lot of money.

Originally Posted by Mannlicher
America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I'll post a little more later when I've got a minute....

Short story is that Bermudez is a criminal who not only should've been fired already, he never should've been hired to begin with. Anywhere.

Lanier is an idiot.

The Officers' Association is run by Bermudez's best friend, who should also be fired. The overwhelming majority of the officers have left the association to start a new one, so the guy in the news DOES NOT represent the views of the average street cop in Georgetown.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Short story is that Bermudez is a criminal who not only should've been fired already, he never should've been hired to begin with. Anywhere.

Lanier is an idiot.

The Officers' Association is run by Bermudez's best friend, who should also be fired. The overwhelming majority of the officers have left the association to start a new one, so the guy in the news DOES NOT represent the views of the average street cop in Georgetown.

Now THAT is some interesting intel.

I am sure the good citizens of Georgetown feel ever so well represented and protected. "Serviced", perhaps, too.

America needs to understand that our troops are not 'disposable'. Each represents a family; Fathers, Mothers, Sons, Daughters, Cousins, Uncles, Aunts... Our Citizens are our most valuable treasure; we waste far too many.
IC B2

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I don't know which "Georgetown" this is, but THIS should have gotten him fired:

"Officer George Bermudez had been in trouble before. In April 2014, he was caught on video tripping, kicking and pushing Georgetown High School students as they rushed a soccer field following their team's victory in a state championship. He was suspended for 40 days."

Sadly, he will probably continue in some L.E. position somewhere.

I have to agree. If he had done something that would deserve being suspended for basically two months, then he earned a dismissal.

Now, as to the second issue of screwing with another officer's duty weapon.

Had the weapon been mine, I'd have had to fight.

You do notice that his name is Bermudez. Not Smith, or Jones.

He is one of the protected class.

Regardless, he is in line for a job termination and a first class ass whipping.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

“Life is life and fun is fun, but it's all so quiet when the goldfish die.”
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Until there is a STATE mechanism to revoke their LEO certification [ I THINK it takes a felony conviction] for repeat offenders, these guys just move down to a smaller department somewhere.

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
I notice that his suit was based on two officers breaking use of force policy and receiving less punishment than he.

They were white, he, of course, not.

One deployed a TASER on a handcuffed subject, the other on a subject who was running away from him.

I can see why both of those guys DIDN't get 40 days.. (HINT. It isn't because they were white.)

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Until there is a STATE mechanism to revoke their LEO certification [ I THINK it takes a felony conviction] for repeat offenders, these guys just move down to a smaller department somewhere.

I definitely see your point, but you would think that the smaller hiring agency would uncover some of these patterns of behavior in a background check of even rudimentary proportion.

The most dangerous thing is when the kook is a female or minority. If you are trying to kick them out on a background, you gotta have your $hit wired tight, or they will sue on the EEOC basis.

And your small municipality will have to write a check, because it is cheaper than litigating.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide
I notice that his suit was based on two officers breaking use of force policy and receiving less punishment than he.

They were white, he, of course, not.

One deployed a TASER on a handcuffed subject, the other on a subject who was running away from him.

I can see why both of those guys DIDN't get 40 days.. (HINT. It isn't because they were white.)

Handcuffed guy was probably kicking at the cop, or refusing to load up.

As far as tasering the guy running away, I thought that was what tasers are for.

But.... being white counts against them.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
That's why the podunk little towns shouldn't even have police departments. If they can't afford to hire decent people, they should just rent a deputy from the sheriff.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by CrimsonTide

I definitely see your point, but you would think that the smaller hiring agency would uncover some of these patterns of behavior in a background check of even rudimentary proportion.

The most dangerous thing is when the kook is a female or minority. If you are trying to kick them out on a background, you gotta have your $hit wired tight, or they will sue on the EEOC basis.

And your small municipality will have to write a check, because it is cheaper than litigating.

If they have a cert and will work for minimum wage.. they get hired.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Bluedreaux

Lanier is an idiot.

The Officers' Association is run by Bermudez's best friend, who should also be fired. The overwhelming majority of the officers have left the association to start a new one, so the guy in the news DOES NOT represent the views of the average street cop in Georgetown... Or most anywhere else...

Fixed it for you, Blue. wink

He had better hope flipping burgers soon pays $15.00/HR.

I overheard two sheriff deputies discussing this at lunch today, and they were contemptuous of Bermudez...said he shows LEO in a bad light in general. BTW, we have a GREAT Sheriff's Dept here...1st Class all the way.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Yall ready for some drama?

Bermudez was hired by Goergetown's previous chief, who was worthless. He was retired on duty and needed to hire people to fill the vacancies his poor leadership created. So you get people like Bermudez, who nobody liked or trusted but was smart enough to never do anything that would get him fired (in front of everyone else anyway). GPD is governed by civil service rules, which makes it difficult to fire people and impossible to fire them on grounds of "you're an idiot".

The old chief was fired and the new chief came in and started cracking heads and running off the riffraff. At the same time the president of the officers' association left and nobody filled his shoes (because the new chief was a good guy and the association really wasn't needed).

Bermudez's true colors shine through when he kicks the kids on the football field and makes national news. Couple of things about that:
-The sheriff's office investigated the criminal case against Bermidez and couldn't get a single "victim" to cooperate. The parents of the kids supported the cop and said that they didn't even want him in trouble, because their kids knew better than to run into the field...."I would've tripped my kid too".
---So there wasn't some sort of cover up. Without a victim, there is no crime.
-The suspension that Bermudez got for the football field incident was reduced by an independent arbitrator when he appealed. Firing him really wasn't an option, since even his suspension was reduced.

In steps Rey Rodriguez, Bermudez's buddy, to become the new association president. Everybody ignored Rodriguez. Until he got his buddies in office with him and started his typical shady stuff up. All of his just emboldens the losers like Bermudez.

That's the setting for what this news report is all about.

The cop that left his rifle is Lanier. Lanier is dumb, but he's harmless. He's one of those 70% guys who do a decent job but will never be remarkable. The range he left his rifle at is a closed facility for LE only. He left it on a rack at the rifle range, switched ranges, then had to take off to get to work. He realized he left it and called someone to grab it for him. Was it stupid and careless? Yes. But it's not the end of the world either. Coming from a guy who drove away from a police station with a laptop on the top of his car ( that skipped across the road after the first turn), I won't cast too many stones. Stuff happens. Learn from it.

Bermudez takes the rifle to Guns Plus in Georgetown and at some point hands it off to the employees, one of which changes the zero on it.

Guns Plus is owned by an ex-Austin PD officer who retired while under investigation for a fireable offense. The owners son was arrested last year by Georgetown PD for possession of a controlled substance (a felony), but the case wasn't prosecuted and he still works AT THE GUN SHOP.

Bermudez gets investigated for months and is finally fired for idiocy.

That's all I know that I can share, as it's basically all public knowledge. I just tried to compile it into one place.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Post Script....

The overwhelming majority of the officers at GPD have left the Rodriguez / Bermudez officers' association and created a new one. The city counsel refuses to acknowledge the new association (a prominent city councilman is drinking buddies with Rodriguez) and are about to get sued.

So when you read "the officers' association" says...... Just remember that the "association" represents about four people.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Sounds like a great place to live.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
He should have his arse kicked before getting fired.

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Sounds like a great place to be a criminal, the police have a hard enough time hitting their target without their sighs being off a Foot or Two

A Doe walks out of the woods today and says, that is the last time I'm going to do that for Two Bucks.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by 4ager
Or, if the officer with the altered weapon had to make a precise shot in a situation with a kid's life on the line. 12 low and 12 right could have quite easily ended up hitting someone not a perp.

Officer Bermudez should have been fired for assaulting the high school students. He is being fired for this.

He should have gotten his ass kicked over both incidents.

I can also guarantee you that if there were any people arrested by that jackass during his 10 years with Georgetown PD that had any issues at all, they'll be filing suit and wanting a full investigation.

Keeping that jackass on the PD in Georgetown is going to end up costing the Georgetown taxpayers a lot of money.

This

"I Birn Quhil I Se" MacLeod of Lewis
I Burn While I See
Hold Fast MacLeod of Harris
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

78 members (AKislander, 300_savage, 69sportfury, 17CalFan, Alan_C, 10 invisible), 1,570 guests, and 914 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,503
Posts18,490,562
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.