Hop To
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
W
whodat Offline OP
Campfire Member
OP Offline
Campfire Member
W
How many of the campfire members are headed to the 75th this year?

We live in Spearfish, and I work in Sturgis and things are starting to heat up already. Early estimates look to be over 1 million in attendance.

If coming, I'd suggest you do most of your grocery shopping elsewhere. Many empty shelves at Sam's and Walmart already.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I live in Rapid. We should be seeing the annual gas and restaurant price increases soon. I'm already seeing/hearing an increase in bike traffic. All predictions say this will be a record year.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
It's number 3 on my bucket list, right after visit Mogadishu

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I with you on that. I live about 20 miles away and avoid it every year. It's great for those that are into it and come out. It sucks for the locals.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Q.) What's the difference between a Harley and a Hoover?

A.) The position of the dirtbag.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
IC B2

S
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
S
We've been going since the mid 70's off and on. I figured out how to have fun for about 3 days and not get in the same rut. I've made a lot of friends through the years, that's the main reason I go. This year though, we are staying in Pierre at a friends motel and look around Oahe. I see a camping/fishing trip coming up soon.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's on my bucket list.

What are the dates for this year ?

"Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure, than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much" Teddy Roosevelt
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
It`s a freaking Zoo.On my list of places to stay away from.Riding a bike is dangerous enough with out a bunch of drunken azzholes out on their once a year road trip.

Its all right to be white!!
Stupidity left unattended will run rampant
Don't argue with stupid people, They will drag you down to their level and then win by experience
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hotload
It's on my bucket list.

What are the dates for this year ?

IIRC It is always the first full week of August..

I had fun, lots of it.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by whodat

We live in Spearfish, and I work in Sturgis and things are starting to heat up already. Early estimates look to be over 1 million in attendance.
Love Spearfish. Beautiful area..

If coming, I'd suggest you do most of your grocery shopping elsewhere. Many empty shelves at Sam's and Walmart already.
Been goin' since '92. Camper will be full of food so no worries there. Besides, we'll be located 3.5 miles west of Custer City where it's not quite so nuts..

Leaving Saturday, noonish. Comin' back on Aug. 6th.

Originally Posted by Steelhead
Good. Keep it that way. That's one less a-hole bikers won't have to deal with..

Originally Posted by Huntz
It`s a freaking Zoo.On my list of places to stay away from.Riding a bike is dangerous enough with out a bunch of drunken azzholes out on their once a year road trip.
You ever been there? Only time ya run into that type of crowd is after 8 pm or so.. We get goin' early - like 6:30 am or so before many wake up.. By 4:00 pm we're back at the camper and go nowhere else the rest of the day.. No problems.

It's the newbies who've little experience on roads w/o shoulders that usually get into trouble and get hurt.. The daytime crowd is 180 degrees from the nighttime bunch.

Originally Posted by Bobcape
I with you on that. I live about 20 miles away and avoid it every year. It's great for those that are into it and come out. It sucks for the locals.

Bob
Except for the mega-millions "the locals" make off the run every year... They never complain about that.. smile smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
IC B3

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by Redneck
Originally Posted by whodat

Love Spearfish. Beautiful area..

Been goin' since '92. Camper will be full of food so no worries there. Besides, we'll be located 3.5 miles west of Custer City where it's not quite so nuts..

Leaving Saturday, noonish. Comin' back on Aug. 6th.

Good. Keep it that way. That's one less a-hole bikers won't have to deal with..

Originally Posted by Huntz
You ever been there? Only time ya run into that type of crowd is after 8 pm or so.. We get goin' early - like 6:30 am or so before many wake up.. By 4:00 pm we're back at the camper and go nowhere else the rest of the day.. No problems.

It's the newbies who've little experience on roads w/o shoulders that usually get into trouble and get hurt.. The daytime crowd is 180 degrees from the nighttime bunch.

Bob
Except for the mega-millions "the locals" make off the run every year... They never complain about that.. smile smile

I'm guessing you'll have to pump the cum out of your ass more frequently than the shieter in the camper.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D

Fugger. Made me spit coffee.

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
Originally Posted by DocRocket

Fugger. Made me spit coffee.

Out of the gate this am, I do believe a fresh tongue sharpening was had last night. laugh

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
What do ya all do while u are there ,read tramp stamps?

I work harder than a ugly stripper....
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker

Bob

It's like Frontier Days on Steroids. Hell on the locals, but a great pump for the local economies.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When I first moved here over 20 years ago I used to head into Sturgis each Rally. These days I hunker down at home and try to ignore the pulsing drone of "thunder in the hills." I'm simply too old for all that schitt smile

-=[Bob]=-
CRS Offline
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I have to go. Live in Spearfish also and work in Sturgis. All the 4 way stops are up slready. Closing main street 5 days early this year. Concerts starting at the Chip this weekend. It is going to be ugly with people. Estimates are 1 to 1.2 million. More than the population of South Dakota.

Puts quite a stress on the infrastructure of the area.

Arcus Venator
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Going to a small town along with 1 million other people...yeah, that sounds fun...NOT!!!

I like bikes, I even like some bikers. I can even be accused of being a "people person" from time to time.

But I don't like HUGE crowds of people, pretty much anywhere, anytime.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by GunGeek
Going to a small town along with 1 million other people...yeah, that sounds fun...NOT!!!

I like bikes, I even like some bikers. I can even be accused of being a "people person" from time to time.

But I don't like HUGE crowds of people, pretty much anywhere, anytime.
Only 'huge' crowd will be in town during..

Keep in mind those 1-million+ bikes are scattered over an area of about a 100 mile radius of the town..

But at every other time of the year I'm like you - avoid crowds as much as possible.. smile

Originally Posted by CRS
I have to go. Live in Spearfish also and work in Sturgis. All the 4 way stops are up slready. Closing main street 5 days early this year.
Whoa- that IS early.
Concerts starting at the Chip this weekend.
Hy 34 from Sturgis, east, is definitely one road I avoid; what with the Chip traffic combined with Full Throttle Saloon crowds THAT stretch of road is a genuine nightmare during the rally.

Dang.. Saturday can't come fast enough.. laugh laugh

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
D
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
D
Sturgis rally.... The Good...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

"I'm gonna have to science the schit out of this." Mark Watney, Sol 59, Mars
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

84 members (007FJ, 35, 444Matt, 7mm_Loco, 6mmCreedmoor, 12 invisible), 1,469 guests, and 847 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,370
Posts18,488,308
Members73,970
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.