Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22
Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by WyColoCowboy
How about we put criminals in jails and not traffic offenders?

Which brings up a question I have. Why is a College Professor sitting in jail for three days, waiting on somebody to make a misdemeanor bond?

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ltppowell
How about we put criminals in jails and not traffic offenders?

Which brings up a question I have. Why is a College Professor sitting in jail for three days, waiting on somebody to make a misdemeanor bond?

Nobody liked her because she was a mouthy bitch?

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Evidently.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
have the protesters been bussed in yet?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
She didn't get mouthy until after he escalated to pull her out of the vehicle (with no probable cause).

we were good up until this.

Prior to the "pulling" she refused to get out of the vehicle when ordered to.

That's the turning point.

That's why she got pulled.

Whether or not she deserved to be stopped, or to be arrested, or to pulled out physically is all subjective.

He had the authority to do all these things, given the situation as presented or presenting.

I agreed with her resisting getting out of the vehicle was the turning point. Where we disagree is whether the officer should have ever taken this stop to that level.

It's not subjective.

Did she deserve to be stopped? YES.

That's it. She was irritated. BFD. Who isn't irritated when they get pulled over for a small traffic violation? This douchbag cop didn't like her attitude so he decided to ramp everything up and make her get out of her vehicle. She should have complied with his demand to get out of the vehicle and not been a total biotch. But there was no cause for his action. If there was, it would be in his incident report.

I had ONE time when a cop asked me to get out of the vehicle. I had been pulled over for speeding (10 over) in Alma, CO and after running my info he had me pull up and off the road and then asked me to turn off the truck and exit the vehicle.

I asked him "Am I being arrested?"

He replied, "Sir, you've given me no reason to place you under arrest at this time".

I was walking on frigging eggshells after that. He was professional and I was courteous even thous I knew something was really, really wrong.

He patted me down and then told me my drivers license was suspended. I told him something wrong, because I'd know if my license was suspended. Turns out somebody at the state level punched in the wrong Drivers license number on an unpaid traffic ticket (not mine) and it showed my license was suspended. He wrote me a summons on the driving on suspended license and made me leave my vehicle (100 miles from my hometown) and drove me to Fairplay, CO. I had my wife come get me and then I went back and took the risk of driving my truck home. It took me a couple of days to get it all cleared up. Unfortunately , I still had to appear on the summons, where it was immediately dismissed. This asswipe County Attorney wouldn't dismiss prior to the summons date even after I sent him the documents from the state. I had to appear and then he showed the judge the documents and moved to dismiss. Cost me half a day to drive to court 100 miles away plus a full day clearing up the clerical error.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
OP Offline
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by RWE
have the protesters been bussed in yet?

I don't think so. Texas isn't a swing State.

RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
This douchbag cop.....

how simple is this?

The cop is not duty bound to issue warnings.

Foregoing the revenue generation angle, the average driver may need one of 3 things to correct their driving issues.

A warning, a ticket, or jail, and all 3 are in play in Texas.

It was obvious that Ms. Bland didn't really care to be a cooperative party of the former 2.

Sorry you lost time on your driver's license issue.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RWE
This douchbag cop.....

how simple is this?

The cop is not duty bound to issue warnings.

Foregoing the revenue generation angle, the average driver may need one of 3 things to correct their driving issues.

A warning, a ticket, or jail, and all 3 are in play in Texas.

It was obvious that Ms. Bland didn't really care to be a cooperative party of the former 2.

Sorry you lost time on your driver's license issue.

Not duty bound to issue a warning. You want to give her a bad time, write her a ticket - she all but asked for one. He skipped over a ticket and went straight to "Get out of the car". Take away her death and this is simply a bad traffic stop. I'm saying she earned her trip to jail, but it never should have gone that far. And THAT, is all on the douchebag rookie cop.

"And for the support of this Declaration, with a firm reliance on the protection of divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."

[Linked Image]
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
The fact that there are officers here who defend the the arresting officer is disturbing. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There was nothing professional about his actions. The fact that another here is talking about high volume traffic stops as fishing expeditions is also a huge problem. If I haven't committed an infraction worth writing you have no business stopping me. Until police departments and local municipalities are stopped from self funding through tickets and seizures we will continue to have corruption in our law enforcement. Another big problem is steroid use. I can't tell you how many pimpled up pie faced steroid monsters I see wearing a badge and a gun. Steroid rage and obnoxious citizens are a recipe for out of control police officers.

‘TO LEARN WHO RULES OVER YOU, SIMPLY FIND OUT WHO YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO CRITICIZE’

Conspiracy theorists are the ones who see it all coming…

You are the carbon they want to eliminate !

I’m Uber Deplorable Ultra MAGA !
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Daveinjax
The fact that there are officers here who defend the the arresting officer is disturbing. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. There was nothing professional about his actions. The fact that another here is talking about high volume traffic stops as fishing expeditions is also a huge problem. If I haven't committed an infraction worth writing you have no business stopping me. Until police departments and local municipalities are stopped from self funding through tickets and seizures we will continue to have corruption in our law enforcement. Another big problem is steroid use. I can't tell you how many pimpled up pie faced steroid monsters I see wearing a badge and a gun. Steroid rage and obnoxious citizens are a recipe for out of control police officers.

get disturbed then.

So now we have equated this guy to steroid use by cops, and revenue generation, even though he was only issuing warnings.

The cop was making a patrol presence, pulling people over for infractions as outlined by the traffic code, and yes, looking for PC on something more substantial - maybe a drug bust, or perhaps a couple more extremists heading to the recruiting center.

And letting people off with a warning - how the hell does that do anything other than people know cops are out there? Sure isn't making any money. Hell the first stop he even told the person in that car to get their father to email him proof of insurance since they didn't have it - should have been another ticket $cha-ching$.

I am sorry you guys think he shouldn't have decided that lady needed to go to jail.

I think they should avoid people from now on, so that they don't need to make these choices.

IC B3

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
This whole thing is on HER and HER alone.

It's not that hard to understand....Period.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by plainsman456

....Period.

Is that stuttering or just redundant? wink

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Has it occurred to you that because of his actions - his choices he made in the stop, he was left with no choice other than taking her to jail?

It's like leading a horse down a steep slope over loose terrain. He might make it okay if everything goes perfectly, but one misstep and the horse breaks his leg and you've got to put him down. That's what happened here. You could blame the horse, but I blame the rider, because he chose to go down that path.

He took her down a steep slope that was more likely to result in her arrest than to her "going on her merry way". The cop chose the path.

Last edited by WyColoCowboy; 07/23/15.

[Linked Image]
RWE Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Has it occurred to you that because of his actions - his choices he made in the stop, he was left with no choice other than taking her to jail?

Yes, it has occurred to me.

And the next time I do something totally petty, but nevertheless against the law, I think I will be a dick to the cop and not expect him to react in applying the fullest extent of the law he has the authority to, rather to be totally polite and discretionary in giving me a warning.

See you tomorrow.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
The bustard cop deserves to be in prison. No sarcasm intended. What a low life scum bucket.

I prefer classic.
Semper Fi
I used to run with the hare. Now I'm envious of the tortoise and I do my own stunts but rarely intentionally
P
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
P
I sure hope there isn't a rational person that thinks she was murdered.

She made the choice to get arrested by her behavior (yes cop may have been short but it takes two to tango) - that is a conversation for her and her attorney when she sues the department in civil court (and probably wins) not for her to get into with the cop on the side of the road after failing to comply.

Second - she made the choice to kill herself.

That us unless you believe in conspiracies against an "average joe". If that is the case - then I have some foil hats you can buy from me - $5,000 each - custom. Paypal me and I'll ship them....

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Originally Posted by RickyD
Originally Posted by plainsman456

....Period.

Is that stuttering or just redundant? wink

Maybe he meant as in menstrual. You know how some of them get around that time of the month. eek

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla
Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
guess the bottom line is what it always has been. The cop may or may not have been at fault, but at the time of the cop/citizen interface, he is still in charge. Like it or not, hurt feelings or not, indignation or feeling of frustration notwithstanding.
Cops can, and will mess you up, kill you, or just make your life miserable, if you don't 'cooperate'.
You can always go after them later, but at the time this chit goes down, you really need to keep quiet, do as told, and try to stay alive and with as few bruises as possible.
It is never the original offense that gets ya killed, it's your mouth.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I can't wait till I'm not a cop.

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
guess the bottom line is what it always has been. The cop may or may not have been at fault, but at the time of the cop/citizen interface, he is still in charge. Like it or not, hurt feelings or not, indignation or feeling of frustration notwithstanding.
Cops can, and will mess you up, kill you, or just make your life miserable, if you don't 'cooperate'.
You can always go after them later, but at the time this chit goes down, you really need to keep quiet, do as told, and try to stay alive and with as few bruises as possible.
It is never the original offense that gets ya killed, it's your mouth.
Yep. Them's the facts.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
Page 8 of 22 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 21 22

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

538 members (1234, 10gaugemag, 10Glocks, 17CalFan, 10gaugeman, 160user, 42 invisible), 2,238 guests, and 1,158 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,643
Posts18,493,286
Members73,977
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.