Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
I am thinking of purchasing one of these, after handling and looking at several different brands of pocket rockets, I believe I like this one best. Anyone own this and if so what's your opinions?

Fück Joe byron
GB1

R
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
R
I like it well enough and it is easy to hide in my front pocket but if I was doing it again I would probably just buy a Glock 43. Of course now I have a LCP and a G43... I firmly believe you can not have too many guns!

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Yea I have a 1911 45, and a 38 with 4" barrel, I keep the 45 with me inside whatever vehicle I travel in. I am looking for something to put in my pocket and conceal anywhere and everytime I go. This seems like it would be a nice addition. I am not looking to use it unless it would be needed, if the situation arose. I don't want pretty just performance.

Last edited by Hammer2506; 07/24/15.

Fück Joe byron
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
I've got an early model made just after the recall. That poor thing has been linted, sweated on and generally ignored until I take a notion to shoot it. Probably has 400+ rounds of assorted ball & JHP though it.

It has never jammed. It will keep a magazine on the head of a B27 at 15 yards, if I work at it a bit. I can't think of a better pocket gun.

Direct Impingement is the Fart Joke of military rifle operating systems. ⓒ
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
I like mine. I treated it with Eezox. I field strip it once a month and rotate magazines.

Last edited by Dave_in_WV; 07/24/15.

The Karma bus always has an empty seat when it comes around.- High Brass

There's battle lines being drawn
Nobody's right if everybody's wrong
IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
A really good and dependable pocket pistol. Thin and light weight. You'll forget it's there.

If we live long enough, we all have regrets. But the ones that nag at us the most are the ones in which we know we had a choice.

Doug
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
They're reliable little pistols if you keep them clean and feed them good ammo and only use factory magazines.

This is just a suggestion: Get one of the current iterations that doesn't have a dash (-) in the serial number. The sights are more pronounced just enough to make a difference.

There's also a new model out with some real sights, but they sit up just enough to cause snag issues for pocket carry and this version likely won't fit most of the current holsters out there.

http://ruger.com/products/lcp/models.html

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B

My wife's LCP is very accurate, light and has never malfunctioned.

I upgraded to the 13lb recoil spring right after we got it.

When I die I hope I don't start voting democrat.
J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Hated mine, way to small for my big hands. I think I was able to get a total of two fingers around the handle.
It shot best when I put trigger fingers from both hands on the trigger, trigger pull was so long and strong you'd cock your hand trying to pull it with one finger.
Went down the road very shortly after buying it.
I bought the little Sig 232, 1000% better in fit, feel, trigger pull and it actually has sites.
Leave the Ruger alone and get a real gun.
[Linked Image]

"The older I get, the better I was"
H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Went ahead and purchased the LCP, shot a few clips through it and will say I am pleased with its accuracy from 15 foot, which is all I am looking for anyway. Was able to keep all 7 shots in 2" with no problem. It also hides well in my pocket and that is exactly the reason for buying it. Always will have it with me everywhere but work.

Fück Joe byron
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Good choice Hammer. Keep it clean & leave a light film of oil the barrel, including the chamber. It'll make you a good reliable pocket gun for a long time.

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Get some Eezox to treat your LCP with. I use it on my LCP and carry mine in a pocket holster. I strip mine and retreat every month. A lighter fluid size can will last a long time.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Dave, where do you put the Eezox on the slide and action? I will be carrying without a holster for faster access if needed. I kept it with me ever since purchase and it sure is nice having that piece of mind. Also is there a substitute for eezox, cant find any at midway, I have been using rem oil, it works but may not be the best.

Last edited by Hammer2506; 07/26/15.

Fück Joe byron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hammer, initially I put it on the slide (inside and out, all steel parts on the frame, the barrel (inside and out, and treated the magazines inside and out. I retreat the slide inside and out, the barrel inside and out, and the rails now once a month and rotate magazines. I buy Eezox off of ebay. I bought 4 ea 4oz cans this Summer as I plant to treat several long arms with it. Clean all oil and grease off the areas to be treated and slather it on and allow to sit over night. Then wipe off the excess. There's a video on YouTube on using it.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Last edited by 41magfan; 07/27/15.

The uninitiated are always easily impressed.
NRA Endowment Member
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Hammer, I tried carrying my LCP without a pocket holster and it kept getting in a position not conducive to drawing it out of my pocket quickly.

H
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
H
Dave, I have noticed it will kinda twist a little, but I always keep it straight and ready when I'm around possible situations. I find if I put it inside a pocket holster I have to pull it out and then remove my holster, maybe I need a new holster.

Fück Joe byron
D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D
Mine had rough out leather on the outside of the holster and had to break in so the pistol will slide out easily. The ones with the hook shaped flap in the barrel area are made to catch as you pull the gun out.

Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Just for grins, I fired a 25 yard qualification with my old LCP last week. With this little feller, I just block the 'sights' in the middle & stroke the trigger straight back.

I dropped my spare mag on the 25 yard stage and in the rush, dropped those two off the right. But they are definitely my fault.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
just an FYI Randy, but the mag pouches from Remora make a great lil holster for the LCP

I'm pretty certain when we sing our anthem and mention the land of the free, the original intent didn't mean cell phones, food stamps and birth control.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

411 members (16penny, 10gaugemag, 10ring1, 1Longbow, 11point, 1beaver_shooter, 58 invisible), 2,573 guests, and 1,249 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,386
Posts18,469,668
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.