Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
My wife works for a dentist who won't prescribe pain meds, only antibiotics. My wife says that she has worked for him for 18 years and he is still on the same prescription pad that he was using when she started there. He tells patients to take three 200 mg Ibuprofen and one 500 mg Tylenol together. It works. I told a friend of men about it two days ago. He was having the same issues as the OP. Yesterday he called and told me he had the best nights sleep he had had in weeks.

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Jcubed
Originally Posted by kamo_gari
Calling Dr. Daniels, Dr. Jack Daniels...

Two other Docs you forgot...

Dr. Jim Beam me up Scotty and Dr. Jose Cuervo'd you go.

Drinking either Beam or Cuervo -- vs -- Third degree burn.
How do you tell the difference?

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by SamOlson
Fuuck dude, I hit the couch about 1:30 and didn't get up until after 5, looked at the clock and about chit myself!

Weirdness for sure.

Epic nap.

Originally Posted by captain seafire
I replace valve cover gaskets every 50K, if they don't need them sooner...
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Castle_Rock
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
On pain meds for some bad burns on the left side of my body & leg. Haven't had to take any until today. It's 1206 am and been trying to get to sleep for an hour but no dice. I've taken these and other opiate based pain meds in the past and it's always the same story...can't sleep.

Surely there is a sub forum here for the hypochondriacs to have a cry

Doesn't the bit up the top say hunting and shooting ?

another useless POS with nothing to offer. Adios MF, it's off to ignore for ya.

Sam......

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
It is hitting me hard too.
Was on a pontoon boat with family yesterday.
Kids playing in the water, lots of activity, etc.
Had my foot elevated and fell asleep sitting up for an hour.

Been trying to sleep now, in the recliner, but the respitory depression, hits about the time I slip off, and I'm right awake.

Last edited by splattermatic; 07/24/15.
IC B2

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Hydrocodone makes me sleepy.....I was on it for over 4 years though because of my lower back. Long story short, I quit cold turkey....that my friend is a whole 'mother story.

Hope you find what works for you. Burns are a nasty deal.

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
V
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
V
Keeps me awake too and doesn't relieve the pain enough to make up for the severe constipation that follows.

W
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
W
That's where Miralax, or Costco's Laxaclear (polyethylene glycol 3350) come in. I take enough stuff to cure concrete; sometimes I even mix the Miralax with Metamucil for that orange flavor and a bit of bulk to ease the process.

Then again, too much Miralax will strip the electrolytes right out of my bowel, leaving me crampy, so I add a packet of Electro Mix from Alacer Corp (www.emergenc.com) to replace the electrolytes. That's why the laxative they give you, the same polyethylene glycol 3350, before a colonoscopy tastes salty - the extra electrolytes.

Hydrocodone (or Norco) is a friend after they do four laminectomies on your cervical spine and tease a tumor from the spinal cord, and to moderate the pain from degenerative join disease in the spine. Sleep on the other hand has become rare and short, something to be treasured when it cooperates.

Last edited by WranglerJohn; 07/24/15.
M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
They don't let me sleep either but pump me up and make me get on Guns America and buy rifles I don't need.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I've never had a bad burn so I have no experience with that kind of pain, though I would believe myself fortunate, as my guess is it's nasty and makes finding a comfortable position to sleep in difficult. I hope you're getting good medical attention and keeping it dressed correctly.

Hydrocodone has always helped me sleep, as I believe it does most, but sometimes meds can have opposite effects for some people in some circumstances. Sorry this finds you there. Hydrocodone does have a tendency to slow bodily functions, so 2nd Wind's recommendation of prune juice should not be ignored if you notice infrequency in that area.

You should probably visit with your doctor about pain management and sleep, and buy an air conditioner.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
IC B3

S
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
S
FAMOUS GROUSE will work better!

Even birds know not to land downwind!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

No, mensan, it doesn't.

Doe Slayer, sorry to hear about the burns.
Hoping for a speedy recovery for you.

This might be the excuse you need to put an AC unit in the window!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

WWP53D
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Originally Posted by Mannlicher
Originally Posted by DoeSlayer
On pain meds for some bad burns on the left side of my body & leg. Haven't had to take any until today. It's 1206 am and been trying to get to sleep for an hour but no dice. I've taken these and other opiate based pain meds in the past and it's always the same story...can't sleep.

Surely there is a sub forum here for the hypochondriacs to have a cry

another useless POS with nothing to offer. Adios MF, it's off to ignore for ya.

You seem to have the same tolerance for fools that I do. I off'd him too!!!

NRA LIFE MEMBER
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
ESPECIALLY THE SNIPERS!
"Suppose you were an idiot And suppose you were a member of Congress... But I repeat myself."
-Mark Twain
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have an autoimmune disorder that attacks my peripheral nervous system; plus spinal degeneration. 800 mg ibuprofen twice daily and I can't tell that it does a darned thing to relieve any pain.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Looking at the big picture, I'd go for sleep over all else. You can't go without sleep for long until your whole world falls apart, mentally and physically. Really sorry to hear of the burns, that's terrible.

Since I work outdoors running equipment and doing physical labor, I hurt alot for my age. I take what I call a contractors cocktail, 3 ibuprofin and one excedrin (or generic) before bed. Alleviates pain until I can fall asleep. May try some combination of over the counter meds that won't trip you out.

LOL
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Not that it helps in any way, but after seeing three people get addicted to Hydrocodone, it is one drug that scares the crap out of me. When I had my ACL replaced, the surgeon prescribed it for me, but I just took Ibuprofen to manage the pain. That said, I have a pretty high pain tolerance, but everybody is different, so what works for me may not work for you.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
THAT friggin hurts just looking at the pic!!

George Orwell was a Prophet, not a novelist. Read 1984 and then look around you!

Old cat turd!

"Some men just need killing." ~ Clay Allison.

I am too old to fight but I can still pull a trigger. ~ Me

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
since I fell on my hip a week or so ago, and aggrivated the severe osteo arthritis in my hip, I have been taking some sort of pain releiver.
Had some Percocet 5/325 left over from dental surgery, and half of one of those helped. Extra strength Tylenol other wise.
Ortho doc gave me some 10/325 Norco tabs. Those tend to keep me awake, but do kill all the pain. I took those for about a week, and then got off of 'em. Back to a single extra strength Tylenol.
One severe side effect for me, was an instant bump in my BP after taking one of the Norco tabs, and for a day after. About a 20 point jump. I got the ok from my cardio doc, but he said to use the Norco tabs sparingly.

Sam......

D
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
D
I was lucky, it could have been much worse. The left side of my face/neck got it almost as bad. I'd post that pic, but I'm not much in the looks dept, this didn't help grin.

All the while, the chores are building up at the house. I need to cut the grass, have about 7 acres. Tomatoes & peppers to pick, garden watering, and of course have a new Ruger 77 .308 that needs to be played with! Thought I'd never admit to it, but my wife is back from vacation on Tuesday, will be nice having her back!

Needless to say, no more brush to burn.

Last edited by DoeSlayer; 07/25/15.

"The only two things in life that make it worth livin'
Is guitars that tune good and firm feelin' women"
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by LeonHitchcox
My wife works for a dentist who won't prescribe pain meds, only antibiotics. My wife says that she has worked for him for 18 years and he is still on the same prescription pad that he was using when she started there. He tells patients to take three 200 mg Ibuprofen and one 500 mg Tylenol together. It works. I told a friend of men about it two days ago. He was having the same issues as the OP. Yesterday he called and told me he had the best nights sleep he had had in weeks.
btdt combo... having read of it.

Does ZERO, about as good as taking nothing.

I would never go to a dr that made me suffer on purpose.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
Page 2 of 4 1 2 3 4

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

596 members (01Foreman400, 10gaugeman, 1234, 160user, 12344mag, 007FJ, 62 invisible), 2,366 guests, and 1,270 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,517
Posts18,472,450
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.