Page 1 of 2 1 2
#10198724 07/26/15
V
velcro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
I know how much every one missed me but I was in the process of selling my house and moving. Well that's all behind me now & I am ready to rock & role.
If you guys remember I am selling off my entire collection & even if you don't remember I am still selling it off. Probably have about 30 or so that have to go. Mostly Savages but a Few Winchesters. So I'll see you on the Classifieds!
Jerry

Living in the Land of Sunshine & No Basements
"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian"
Semper Fi The Old Corps Era of the M-1 Garand�
GB1

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Did you stay in FL?

Long Live The Judge

Thinking of moving to Florida? Don't........
V
velcro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Hea Billy Just got back from golf & just got on. Yes I can't leave here & got back to those winters. As it is I might have moved to far north. I am in The Villages. Disney World for for the over 55 Group. I am selling everything off if you need anything Ammo ,Scopes, tools, got a couple or unfinished stock and or course all my guns, included hand guns.
Good to be back & thanks for asking!

Jerry

"Any man who thinks he can be happy and prosperous by letting the government take care of him, better take a closer look at the American Indian"
L
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
L
Velcro, watch out for the ladies in the Villages, they'll get you in trouble. If you live in Florida, you might as well be south of Sarasota, much better Jan-Mar.

V
velcro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
I was way south of Sarasota for 17 yrs. just figured I'd try up north for a while. I have heard about all the loose women I am here 5 months now & I am still looking for them. Can you tell me where they are

IC B2

V
velcro Offline OP
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
V
Can someone give me a heads up about how to up load pictures on the classifieds I completely forgot.
Thanks

L
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
L
Use photobucket. Upload to there then copy and paste the image link here.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
You may have messed up. I'm a native of Ocala. I don't want to say it gets cold there since I now live in Wyoming but the coldest I've ever "felt" was in a tree stand whitetail hunting in the Ocala National Forest. My hands were so stiff I don't think I could have pulled the trigger on my 99EG if a deer had come by. The temperature was probably in the low 20's. We didn't have proper clothes for those temperatures. David

wyo1895
With Savage never say never.
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I believe it. When it's 40 degrees and 80+% humidity, it'll get ya to the bones.

Long Live The Judge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It happened several times. The walk to the stand would warm me up and I'd stay warm for a while. Then I'd start feeling little fingers of cold seeping in until I was cold all over. And then I'd get really cold. It was a no-no to get down and move around to warm up. It'd scare the deer off.

wyo1895
For a copy of my book on engraved Savage lever actions rifles send a check for $80 to; David Royal, p.o. box 1271, Pinedale, Wy., 82941. I will sign and inscribe the book for you.
[email protected]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I've frozen my fat azz off doing the same. I will get down and move around to warm up, killed several good deer doing that. If I hadnt I'd have never seen them. Granted, being spoiled I'm always on private ground and don't have to worry about other hunters much.

Long Live The Judge

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
You guys are cracking me up.

I walked out on our deer camps porch one Feb morning in Herkimer County NY in the early 80's and looked at the thermometer. We were there to hunt snowshoe hares. It said 46 below zero.

We didn't hunt that day...

We even let the dogs come in that day.

How wild animals like deer can survive those conditions is a mystery to me.

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I walked out on our deer camps porch one Feb morning in Herkimer County NY in the early 80's and looked at the thermometer. We were there to hunt snowshoe hares. It said 46 below zero.

I grew up in northern Wisconsin where the temp in the winter would dip to 45 below from time to time. As a young man I used to think that was cold but the coldest I've ever been in my life was at Ft Lewis, WA when the temp was between 32 and 40 and it was raining. You get wet and you get cold to the bone. It take several hours of being someplace warm and dry before you finally feel warm again. frown

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Randy, February is our coldest month. Might even have to put on a jacket for a couple days

[Linked Image]

winters are brutal here

Long Live The Judge

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
It's the humidity in Fla. and western Washington state. I hunt elk out here regularly when it's below zero. But I got back in the truck last Nov when it was 25 below. Minus 10 isn't too bad except when I'm gutting an elk. Rubber gloves don't give much cold protection.

Last edited by wyo1895; 07/29/15.

wyo1895
[email protected]

G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
Thank you all for these cold weather analyses. It gives me pleasure to contemplate freezing temps when it is like living inside a hot sponge here today!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty
J
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
J
Yes it is miserable in MD right now. It was over 100 degrees inside our building last night. I work upstairs sorting packages. When I say up stairs, that's it, up the stairs, in the rafters. You can look down and see about 400 delivery trucks parked being loaded. We do have 5 big fans blowing on us, it helps. I am so soaked by lunch time I have to put on my insulated flannel shirt to keep from freezing in the break room. I drink 2 28 ounce gator aids and 4 to 6 bottles of ice water and still lose about 8 to 10 pounds per night. UPS is big on safety (HAHA), so they keep coolers of bottled water for us. They ran out last night. Actually cases of water are heavy and no one wanted to go down and get more when they ran out. On a normal night I can ring water out of my leather belt, on a night like last night I can pour water out of my shoes at the end of the day. The sweat burns your eyes for about the first two hours, then all of the salt is flushed from your body and the sweat quits burning. I was supposed to see my orthopedic surgeon this morning at 9:20. I was supposed to get off at 6:30. I now have a new Dr's apt. We got hit with about 25% more pieces than projected. We were crushed from start up till punch out. But, I can't complain about the heat, because I already complained about the cold. One night last winter it got down to 29 degrees inside the building, and no heat. We have heaters, they just don't turn them on. A friend at work had some insurance actuaries last week and it showed that dock workers life expectancy is 59, I'm on borrowed time already. Two more months and I won't have to worry about the heat. I'll either be in my family room watching Quincy reruns, or I'll be a stat in the actuaries, Joe.

I'm not greedy, I just want one of each.

Remember Ira Hayes

JoeMartin
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
So when you get older the years all run together. Just so you guys don't think I am completely full of chit check out this link

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Old_Forge,_New_York

52 below zero in Old Forge, NY that morning. Not very many miles away from our hunting camp.

Feb 18, 1979: which was a Sunday morning. 1979, early 80's: whatever. I'm old: give me a break. Sure this was the day.

Piss turned to ice when it hit bare ground and spit bounced that day.

The difference between 40 and -46 is 86 degrees. Same as difference between 86 and 0.

Crazy when you think about it like that.

Shortly after we were married my wife an I move to Pa. to get out of the cold and snow. My daughter graduates from HS in 2 years.

Headed your way Billy....

"You cannot invade mainland America. There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass"
~Admiral Yamamoto~

When the people fear their government, there is tyranny; when the government fears the people, there is liberty. ~Thomas Jefferson~
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
After a little more research 1979 was also a record setting snowfall in NY State with 379.5" recorded in Hooker NY.

That would be 31' 8" of snow for those of you that are good at math. Enough to bury a 3 story building.

Thought we had it made In Pa but last 2 years have been pretty tough winters here by Pa standards. Slipped on ice and fell down in my driveway and broke my ankle Feb 17th. Tired of this bullchit.

Comin your way Billy.

2 more years....

~Admiral Yamamoto~

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Comin your way Billy

Not headed to Florida but we bought property in Tennessee back in '06 and are still trying to get there. frown

Go tell the Spartans,Travelers passing by,That here,Obedient to their laws we lie.

I'm older now but I'm still runnin' against the wind

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Rick99, RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

180 members (17CalFan, 2500HD, 10gaugemag, 257_X_50, 10ring1, 22 invisible), 2,058 guests, and 1,081 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,502
Posts18,490,503
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.