Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14
M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Did Pete ever mention to you why he won't work on Weatherby Vanguard actions?

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Not Butch, but my guy told me the barrels are fitted very tightly in Howa actions. He didn't say he wouldn't work on them, just that it was a pain.

Wonder if Pete would work on bare actions?

Last edited by Pappy348; 09/11/15.

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
So big surprise. I was told by Bob the general manager yesterday that Mark would call me yesterday, (Bob Guaranteed it). NO PHONE CALL. I called Marks personal cell today. He answered. I asked for a new rifle that will shoot 1 inch or less consistently per the guarantee that Legendary Arms Works has, or just give me my money back. Since they couldn't even get the rifle to shoot 1" or less per the targets that they sent back with the rifle. Mark said no. That when the rifle gets back to them on 9-14-2015 it will get his personal attention. He said after he fixes it again. If it shoots 1inch 3 shot out of a few 3shot groups then it will meet their guarantee. And he will ship it back.

So I guess that the guarantee of Legendary Arms rifles to shoot 1 inch or less with factory ammo. Is really that this 280AI Professional will shoot close to one inch every once in awhile. I truly do not trust these guys.

Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
The question I would have is about how it made it out of their shop like that. Do they
test-fire for accuracy, or just have some kind of ISO-ish procedure in place that should yield the accuracy they promise?

What fresh Hell is this?
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I forgot.
So talked with 2 other guys today. John bought a 300 Win and Stan bought a 280AI. Stan has already sent back his rifle and got it back. He is having the same accuracy issues. His rifle has yet to shoot a 1 inch group as well. He is getting ready to ship it back again. John was at the shooting range that I was at today. His best groups are 3.5" at 100 yards. I told him the issues that people are having with the Professional chambered in 280 AI and 300 Win. I told John my story. I told him that they know that the first 400 rifles per Jd the shop manager have stock issues that prevent the rifles from having good accuracy. John said he will be sending the rifle back next wk. he said he can't trust a rifle that shoots that bad. He bought the rifle to hunt with on the 10th of Oct.. Deer opener. John said he has other rifles. He will just use one of them. He said it really suck. I told him I know. So this means that 3 out of 4 rifle sold from Sportsmans Warehouse have been sent back due to really bad accuracy. The other one is a 26 Nosler. Per a few of the guys at Sportsmans. The guy was going out to a public range with the rifle today.
Brian

IC B2

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
NOTE TO SELF......

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
W
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
W
When Bansner got into financial troubles a few years ago he lost a lot of his good smiths and stock builders. The owners of Trop Elite brought in $ and bought a share of Bansner's business, thus forming L.A.W.

T
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
T
What stock problems are there?

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by brianc74

If it shoots 1inch 3 shot out of a few 3shot groups then it will meet their guarantee. And he will ship it back.

That's a chickenshit 1" guarantee.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
From what JD said. The stock issue is ( The action screw holes are machined to small and the front aluminum block is not put in the stocks correctly.

I think there are more issues then just those. They fixed those problems when I sent the rifle in the first time. The Rifle still shoots like crap.

IC B3

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
I had the same accuracy problems with a $3,000 Brown a few years ago. After several attempts and failures I called the credit card company. The lady told me, "The sooner he gets the rifle back the sooner you get your money back." It went back that day.

The the guy, I think his name is Mark, had the gall to keep my action for a $750 ransom.

"Only Christ is the fullness of God's revelation."
Everyday Hunter
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
I would call the credit card company. But I paid cash at Sportsmanship Warehouse in Nampa Idaho. They told me all warranty work is to be with the Manufacturer. I don't hold them responsible for a [bleep] rifle. They only sold it. They did not build it.

Brian

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
I am really sorry to hear about the problems you are having.

This rifle was on my short list, but I'd never risk it now.

FÜCK Jeff_O!

MAGA
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
Thats a shame. Nice looking rifle. I thought they might have something there. Them not willing to send you a new rifle or get back to you quickly tells me theres a good chance they are overwhelmed with warranty issues.

Life can be rough on us dreamers.
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Mark yesterday. Did state. That my rifle is just one of over 100 rifle in the last month that he has had to take to the range after being fixed.
I said. Then what is this telling you sir. The rifles are not going out the door being proof checked.
Mark muddered (what the $uck)

I truly believe that Mark Basner does not have a good team surrounding him anymore. I believe he does not have his heart in it anymore. I think that the bottom line is. He does not care to put out a great product anymore. He only wants money. He does not care about the individual anymore.

Brian

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by butchlambert1
I guess the Green Mountain barrels ain't that good.

Is this a fact or rumor Butch ?

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Originally Posted by brianc74
His best groups are 3.5" at 100 yards.

I shot a 3.593" group today with my T3 7mm-08.

At 400 yards.

I truly do not understand why people spend thousands on a maybe when you can just buy a freakin' Tikka.

P

Obey lawful commands. Video interactions. Hold bad cops accountable. Problem solved.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~

Member #547
Join date 3/09/2001
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Because accuracy, while certainly important, isn't the only quality that many people desire in a rifle.

What fresh Hell is this?
S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
The first LAW I saw was the rep's pre-production sample. It was pillar bedded in lieu of the bedding blocks. The bedding was flawless and was truly a work of art.

The second LAW I saw was the pre-production sample they sent me in 308. It had the bedding blocks in lieu of pillar bedding. They sent me the rifle with the original extractor. Feeding wasn't terrible, but needed a firm bolt cycle to be "perfect". I spoke with Mark on the phone about this and he told me to return it as they'd changed extractors and were also cerakoting some of the parts a different color. I did and it came back perfect.

I shot that rifle enough to know it shot really well. The barrel was smooth and didn't foul. After playing with that rifle a bit, I put it back on the used shelf at the shop. garCH on here bought that rifle and has commented on the accuracy.

I like the action and especiall the three position safety. If there are kinks to be worked out, I'm sure they'll get them addressed....and yes, they should have been worked out before shipping.

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Thanks for the info. I hope you're right about them getting things right. No doubt there's a lot of pressure to start getting product out the door and payment coming in; a totally different situation than running a custom shop.

What fresh Hell is this?
Page 4 of 14 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

255 members (257 mag, 160user, 10Glocks, 12344mag, 2500HD, 1eyedmule, 21 invisible), 1,741 guests, and 1,030 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,389
Posts18,469,819
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.