-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

I don't [bleep] with picky rifles very long. If it ain't the bedding or the trigger, it goes down the road.

Spending a considerable sum for a rifle, then spending another one to find the one load it will like doesn't interest me.

Too many off the shelf rifles with a new handle on them will do everything I need.

GB1

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
JD from Legendary called today to update me. He said they are still working on my rifle to figure out the cause of the bad accuracy.

I will update you all when I am updated.

Brian

L
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
L
With two tries at this I do not understand why there isn't a brand new rifle with a signed test target with load data on your door step with a brief written apology.

If LAW hadn't made such a big deal on all the gun boards when they announced these series of rifles I wouldn't be as disappointed as I am. I foolishly thought this would be a controlled feed Cooper (with Cooper accuracy and quality at a smaller pricepoint) with a floorplate and a safety I wouldn't have to search for.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Bedding. Tell us about the bedding.

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Legendary Arms uses a Hightech stock. The install a rear pillar and a front bedding block. They do not bed the action to the stock that I am aware of at this time. They put 50-55 inch lbs of torch on both the front and rear action screws. This was per a conversation with JD the production manager.

Brian

IC B2

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
HS Precision suggests 65 inch pounds of torque with their stocks, IIRC. That's pretty tight, takes a good bit of force to get there. I guess it's to compensate for any irregularities in fit between their aluminum block and the action.

I like to skim bed those stocks and I think I can get by with 45 inch pounds or so, as the fit is assured.

I agree with Steelhead and others, if I pay for a high end rifle, I expect performance. Legendary Arms needs to step up to the plate and do what is right.

DF

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by brianc74
JD from Legendary called today to update me. He said they are still working on my rifle to figure out the cause of the bad accuracy.

Brian

With all the trouble this rifle has generated it seems like they would have had their best machinist fit and chamber a Krieger, Bartlein, Broughton, or whatever barrel, had their best bedding man put it in a new stock, and sent it back with some smoking test targets and a heartfelt letter of apology by now.

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
FWIW, I told my rep about this thread. Companies need to put more stock in forums. I don't think they fully realize how it impacts sales and influences opinions....and they'll never be able to quantify the true losses. This stuff is always at the top of the chain when guys do Google searches on "x" rifles.

Someday, somebody will figure it out...

I enjoy handguns and I really like shotguns,...but I love rifles!
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by shortactionsmoker
FWIW, I told my rep about this thread. Companies need to put more stock in forums. I don't think they fully realize how it impacts sales and influences opinions....and they'll never be able to quantify the true losses. This stuff is always at the top of the chain when guys do Google searches on "x" rifles.

Someday, somebody will figure it out...

Great point.

I hope your rep logs onto this site and does a Google search for his product. He may get educated.

LOTS of people Google something before they buy. Negative reports can be a poison pill to a vendor.

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Problem is a lot of these guys probably have more than a few gray hairs and still think that a couple of good write ups by Boddington and Simpson are all that's necessary.

They need to hire some younger consultants with a good grasp of modern marketing.

Originally Posted by shrapnel
I probably hit more elk with a pickup than you have with a rifle.

Originally Posted by JohnBurns
I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
For Christ's sake their website won't even display on my apple devices!

I have yet to see anyone claim Leupold has never had to fix an optic. I know I have sent a few back. 2 MK 6s, a VX-6, and 3 VX-111s.
D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Good point.

With social media and the internet so active these days, a vendor needs to keep up to stay competitive.

The rule 10 years ago is not the rule today. Not even 5 years ago. Marketing is a rapidly evolving beast.

Legendary Arms may not be "legendary" very long if they don't get it together.

Just saying...

DF

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Yes it is

Campfire Ranger
Online Sleepy
Campfire Ranger
Wasn't there a mucky muck from Legendary on here awhile back that Stick tried to set straight on throating and twist rates?

Screw you! I'm voting for Trump again!

Ecc 10:2
The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but that of a fool to the 24HCF.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Yes, Paul Reed Don't think he's working for them anymore.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
It's called search engine optimization. Someone with good computer skills can get your product at the top or close to the top of a search list by using certain key words in your web page display that, say, Google likes. It's a lot more complicated than that, but that is the basic premise.

D
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
D
Originally Posted by Higbean
Wasn't there a mucky muck from Legendary on here awhile back that Stick tried to set straight on throating and twist rates?

I'm sure Stick was dead on right.

Wonder what Paul thought after Stick got through working him over... laugh

DF

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
No one saw this coming.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
These clowns would be better off buying RARs, coating them, putting them in a good stock and selling them as "legendary". ha

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Originally Posted by brianc74

Brian

You should have a brand new rifle in your hands already.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
Page 6 of 14 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 13 14

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 204guy, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,472,005
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.