Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
Hell no. The scope may take it, but why risk it...

GB1

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Bob is one of the few guys who can respond to a query in something other than an acerbic word clipping. He actually knows how to write, carry a line of thought based on experience to a practical resolution or suggestion.

Those with short attention plans can of course always move on to stuff with more pictures.

M
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
M
OK OK let's shift gears a little.....Have any of you carried a woman like a bowling ball?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by MontanaMarine
OK OK let's shift gears a little.....Have any of you carried a woman like a bowling ball?

I've rolled a few out the front door that way.

"Dear Lord, save me from Your followers"
B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
I knew I could count on the usual suspects to find Steelhead amusing...they must originally be from New Jersey....or something like that.

They do real well on the 223AI thread though. That's their natural habitat.

That concise enough for third graders?

The 280 Remington is overbore.

The 7 Rem Mag is over bore.
IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Steelhead

NO!

grin

Sometimes, the air you 'let in'matters less than the air you 'let out'.
m77 Offline
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I have, but the best example I can think of is a cousin of mine who has done it for many years. The 30-06 Sako that he carries this way have probably taken around 5000 animals. I have never seen this rifle with a sling smile The rifle wears a Lynx LX2 which is probably about the same quality as a Leupold VX2 I guess.

I think there is no problem carrying it this way as long as you have a decent quality scope and rings.

Pieter

Last edited by m77; 08/11/15.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by BobinNH
I knew I could count on the usual suspects to find Steelhead amusing...they must originally be from New Jersey....or something like that.

It's ok if you're not funny Bob, you can still pull off the suspender look!

[Linked Image]

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Unlike you, I'm not on here to try to be "funny".

That you on the left?

At least someone got you off the front porch. You left the driveway yet this month?

S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S

That you on the left?

At least someone got you off the front porch. You left the driveway yet this month?

It's never not funny watching you get pissed off. I'm sure when I become an old man like you that my sense of humor will slip.

I'll also impress people with 40 paragraph answers, when a sentence will do. You baffle all the time.

Unlike you, everything I've done, everything, I've done on my own.

I often miss your wonderful stories about Barnes bullets and turrets, having never used either.

You're a Field & Stream article with an attorney's salary that has allowed you some good PAID time afield.

I know, it will be considered envy by you, but it's any thing but, its sympathy.

Just because you've screwed 100 high class HOOKERS, don't make a you 'player'

Carry on.

IC B3

K
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
K
Originally Posted by B_n_C_Buck
Hell no. The scope may take it, but why risk it...

Exactly.....

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J

They are very predictable, aren't they?

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

I couldn't say. I didn't make it that far.

Clark

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
M
Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
M
Bob,

I sincerely doubt gun slings were originally developed as a shooting aid, because too many early guns (including early rifles) weren't accurate enough to benefit from a shooting sling. Instead, slings became dual-purpose as rifles became more accurate.

Another little piece of evidence is the sling swivel studs on many European shotguns, which I find very handy, especially when turkey hunting, where a shotgun is carried far more than shot. Which is exactly why many turkey shotguns have sling swivel studs.

As somebody named O'Connor once pointed out, rifles are relatively clumsy burdens when carried, because their comformation is primarily for being aimed and shot. A sling is a simple and natural way to make them less clumsy burdens between shots.

O'Connor's wife didn't like slings, instead carrying her rifles like Steelhead carries his, one reason detachable slings are so popular: If you don't like slings, for whatever reason, then you can take 'em off. Or if you have ambivalent feelings about slings, you can put 'em on or take 'em off.

“Montana seems to me to be what a small boy would think Texas is like from hearing Texans.”
John Steinbeck
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by Mule Deer

O'Connor's wife didn't like slings, instead carrying her rifles like Steelhead carries his, one reason detachable slings are so popular: If you don't like slings, for whatever reason, then you can take 'em off. Or if you have ambivalent feelings about slings, you can put 'em on or take 'em off.

My thoughts exactly, whatever works for you and you are comfortable with. I don't carry by the scope, I have carried by the barrel before, I do use a sling for carrying and shooting in hasty form from time to time depending on what rest is available or just cradled in my arms. My favorite sling is the Trader Keith's canvas web and leather sling.

Last edited by southwind; 08/12/15.
S
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
S
Originally Posted by JGRaider

They are very predictable, aren't they?

But never unoriginal. At best you're boring.

J
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
J
I am certainly glad people like you and your sheeple don't approve. If you did I'd wonder about myself. Thanks for the compliment.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.
S
SLM Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
S
Wow, some people are wound a little tight.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Bob,

John thanks. I am pretty darned sure I made reference to taking them off,when you don't need or want them, in my post.

What I don't understand is what throws people on here into an absolute tis when someone mentions using them as a shooting aid. I can only conclude they don't really know how.

B
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
B
Originally Posted by Steelhead

That you on the left?

It's never not funny watching you get pissed off. I'm sure when I become an old man like you that my sense of humor will slip.

I'll also impress people with 40 paragraph answers, when a sentence will do. You baffle all the time.

Unlike you, everything I've done, everything, I've done on my own.

I often miss your wonderful stories about Barnes bullets and turrets, having never used either.

You're a Field & Stream article with an attorney's salary that has allowed you some good PAID time afield.

I know, it will be considered envy by you, but it's any thing but, its sympathy.

Just because you've screwed 100 high class HOOKERS, don't make a you 'player'

Carry on.

I promise you that you've never seen me mad. Rather I'm incredulous. Let's see what you don't like about me:

-I don't zero rifles the way you do and you seem upset that I've killed game up close and further than you have, without turrets. You find this annoying.Yet it has worked well for me countless times.

-I use slings to shoot and carry rifles. You borrow them from people to climb into tree stands.

-You think(assume,speculate,guess) that the only hunting I have done has been "guided", paid for, and my hand held. So I resemble a F&S character to you. Truth is I have hunted around a bit and easily more than half my hunts west of the Mississippi have been unguided,where I have found,shot, and processed my own game.I could prove this rather easily if I thought you were worth convincing.

ALL of my hunts back east are unguided...I stay at lodges and friends cabins. I get invited to lots of places,here and out west, because I try to be a good guy and people seem to like me.

So....most ALL the animals I have killed have been largely on my own. I use a guide in Canada because I have to by law; but even there, I set the agenda and go off by myself because I know what I want to do.

In any event I have been lucky to do a lot and the majority has been largely on my own. In any event it's a lot more than you will ever do.

- You don't like the way I communicate, the way I talk, the way I write. Too bad. That's an outgrowth of how I make my living,advising people on important stuff involving things that are important to them,and for which I get paid.

More importantly, I don't see anywhere here,where you've been appointed as the censor for this site, and how you are entitled to ridicule, demean,belittle, and criticize,me nor anyone else for what they,say or do,nor how they say it. That's censorship and you have neither the authority nor the acumen to impose your will on me nor anyone else.

I'm not the one running around the internet finding quotes to belittle me,pictures of old guys who look nothing like me,and making condescending reference to my age.It's the kind of behavior I expect from kids; you revel in the chicanery.

Oh...BTW I've been pegged as a decade or so younger than I am. I'm not going to apologize for my age even when the criticism comes from an internet bully.

So, it will be a cold day in hell before I let you dictate to me what I say on here and how I say it.

As to Barnes bullets, who cares? They aren't hard to figure out. I've been using something fully as good for 25-30 years. But you seem to get a kick out of them.

Carry on yourself. Unfortunately you seem to be a permanent part of the landscape around here. A lot of former posters who actually had something to offer, didn't like the landscape so much.

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

639 members (007FJ, 1minute, 1936M71, 160user, 10gaugemag, 1234, 66 invisible), 2,859 guests, and 1,292 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,371
Posts18,469,186
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.