Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 2 1 2
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Anyone have one? Thinking about trading a 2012 high mileage Nissan Frontier soon.
Opinions, likes, dislikes? Not sure Colorado would be much good with the air dam up front off pavement or groomed gravel. Also looking at another Frontier or a Ram 1500 for a bit more room.

GB1

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
I like my '14 ram quite a bit. However, that Colorado is a great looking truck if you ask me. But, that's as much as I know about em.

Camp is where you make it.
H
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
H
Tear the air dam off.

Best upgrade I ever did to my 2008 chevy.

They are sharp looking trucks.

Other than that, How was the show Mrs. Lincoln?
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
For the Colorado price u can get into a half-ton. Thought about getting one for the wife but the price is too much.

W
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
W
My Son just told me at lunch yesterday that GM just ok'd a new 4 cylinder Diesel for production.

IC B2

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yep. For next year I think.

T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Yep. For next year I think.

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by woods_walker
My Son just told me at lunch yesterday that GM just ok'd a new 4 cylinder Diesel for production.

Thailand has had a 4cyl Dmax powered small pickup for years. There's a substantial following of hotrod enthusiasts building them for a lot more power and dragracing. When it's introduced here it should be very well sorted out.

Campfire Regular
Online Happy
Campfire Regular
Since announcing the new Chevrolet Colorado in late 2013, there has been absolutely no secret that the 2.8-liter Duramax diesel would wind up under the hood of the midsize pickup truck for the 2016 model year. It has been a long wait for those wanting the oil-burner, but thankfully, the anticipation is nearly at an end. Chevy is finally officially unleashing details about the four-cylinder, which churns out 181 horsepower and 369 pound-feet of torque.

The diesel is available in both LT and Z71 Crew Cab trims, and there's the choice of two- or four-wheel drive. All come with a six-speed automatic gearbox with a standard automatic-locking rear differential. An electronically controlled two-speed transfer case comes on four-wheel drive models, as well. The Z82 trailering package also arrives on all of the Duramax pickups and includes an exclusive integrated trailer brake controller. The first shipment of diesels arrives at dealers this fall with a price of $3,730 on top of a comparably equipped version with the 3.6-liter V6.

Customers opting for the Duramax are getting more capability from the Colorado. With a 7,700-pound tow rating on two-wheel drive examples (7,600 pounds with four-wheel drive), drivers can haul 600-700 pounds more behind the truck than its petrol V6 counterpart. Fuel economy numbers haven't been announced yet, but are expected to top the gasoline versions. The engine is also B20 bio-diesel compatible.

Beyond being just a good hauler, Chevy is throwing cutting-edge tech into these models. For example, this is the company's first application of a Centrifugal Pendulum Vibration Absorber on the transmission's torque converter. The device is a dampener that cancels out torsional vibration from the engine for a more comfortable ride for occupants. There's also a driver selectable exhaust brake system that uses engine compression to help slow down the truck and reduce brake wear. You can read more about the nuts and bolts of the diesel in Chevy's press release below.

Click Here

Sounds interesting, but GM can't keep these trucks on dealer lots without the diesel engine. If you want one with the diesel engine, I think your best bet would be to order one.

A
AML Offline
Campfire Member
Campfire Member
A
My brother has owned two Toyota Tacomas and a Nissan Frontier and says his 2015 Colorado is the best "small" truck he has owned. I'm considering one myself to replace an 2004 Blazer.

IC B3

S
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
S
Amir king likes the colorado.

Eating fried chicken and watermelon since 1972.

You tell me how I ought to be, yet you don't even know your own sexuality,, the philosopher,,, you know so much about nothing at all. Chuck Schuldiner
L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Drove a 2015 Saturday. Lots of bells and whistles but not sure it is a better "Truck" than the Nissan. Not as much cab room, especially in the back seat and seemed to have less pickup than my 85,000 mile frontier but but did not have the terrain to really try it out.

Down side is they are not giving these away. Can get into a full size extended cap Chevy for about the same price or an XLT ford with 2.7 eco boost for more than 2K less. Worried about attaining EPA rated mileage with the Ford.

Sounds like most dealers will only get one of the diesel Colorados next year and an American diesel frontier is over year out.

Thanks for the replies guys.. too bad you can't buy a moderate sized 4wd with manual transmission that gets in the low 20s combined any more.

A
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
A
Then buy another Frontier. With a new one coming out in another year or so and generally poor sales of the current generation there are good deals to be had. What I've found with my Frontier is that while it isn't the best at any one thing, it is pretty good at everything (at least everything that I use it for).

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Thanks for the replies guys.. too bad you can't buy a moderate sized 4wd with manual transmission that gets in the low 20s combined any more.

Not a manual, but Ram (8 spd. auto) and Silverado ext. cab (6 spd. auto) 4x4s don't have a problem averaging 20 combined with a 5.7 Hemi or 5.3 engine.

Done that many times for hundreds of miles, with my Silverado.

It typically will avg. closer to 21 MPG on a 400 mile roundtrip to hunting camp and back, usual load of crap that I can't do without. Local/highway driving.

If three or more people think you're a dimwit, chances are at least one of them is right.
D
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
D
I test drove a Canyon this week with the 3.6 liter motor. Nice truck and drives/rides well. I think it is just a bit too small for me, still have some kids at home so I am likely to stay with a full size crew cab for now. The diesel motor is slated to cost a extra $3800, so would likely take 5 years to recover the fuel costs

L
Campfire Regular
OP Offline
Campfire Regular
L
Been test driving everything. I have come to the conclusion that mfgs just can't sell a "truck" anymore.

The 2.7 ecoboost is interesting but an automatic engine stop/start? Seriously?

Still not sure I want to shlep a full size around the mountains. My wife seems to think I want to tho.

C
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
C
I'm considering moving down from my '13 F250 King Ranch 6.7L diesel with 25,000 miles. It's mint and no problems but I'm too old to climb into it everyday, so I just use it when I go on longer trips. Problem is, it would pretty much be a no cash deal, so with such a desired truck (the diesel Colorado), dealers don't really want to bother with me. When the initial fervor dies down, I may take a look at it. My situation is different though, just me and my wife, 55-60 years old.

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I REALLY prefer a small (not midsize) pickup for running around Forest Service roads, but..... try and find one new......

It just sucks to have to pay full size truck prices for a midsize truck that is neither fish nor fowl. I am really starting to strongly dislike my current Tacoma but at least its a little narrower than a full size truck.

Sic Semper Tyrannis
T
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
T
Why do you dislike it?

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
I had a 2005 Tacoma 4x4 that we sold a month or so ago with 258,000+ miles on the odometer. Except for replacing the center U-joint in the rear drive shaft at 160K miles, we never did anything but routine maintenance. It was used for a lot of off road travel in rough country. I routinely pulled a 12-ft double axle flatbed trailer with it--several times on long trips with heavy loads.

When the Tundra is ready to be replaced, I will be seriously looking at Tacomas again--but it won't be anytime soon. smile

Ben

Some days it takes most of the day for me to do practically nothing...
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

603 members (10gaugemag, 007FJ, 11point, 10gaugeman, 10ring1, 10Glocks, 64 invisible), 2,385 guests, and 1,196 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,422
Posts18,470,622
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.