Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by Hammer2506
You have got to be the stupidest sumbich on here.

He's not stoopid, he's short, bald and ugly. The man's trying to compensate and hide his insecurities.

Watch him go now. He thinks he set a hook in ya!

GB1

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
SuperCub;
Top of the morning to you sir, it's been too long since I've said hello and I trust this finds you and yours well.

I'm afraid that it's common knowledge here and most certainly among those who've met me in the flesh that I fall into the short, bald and less than beauteous category myself - but then again as I tell my buddies at work - without short folks like me they'd be "average" instead of tall. wink

Anyway I've only shot coyotes with the 55gr VMax - shot out of an old school .22-250AI with a 1:14 twist like we used to do back in the dark/stone ages. From that rifle they're doing something close to 3850fps at the muzzle if memory serves.

On side on shots they would mostly exit and never when the coyote was facing me. The exit holes really needed to be seen to be appreciated though if you know what I'm saying.....

So based upon that, way back when our girls were starting hunting I used to take it along as an "insurance rifle" and when I did it was loaded with 55gr Hornady Spires which folks here at our cyber 'Fire said was an acceptable deer projectile - but to be clear I never needed to launch one into a deer so can't say personally what they do when they land on fur/flesh.

Hopefully that was useful information for someone out there in the ether space today SuperCub. All the best to you and yours for the remainder of the summer.

Dwayne

Last edited by BC30cal; 08/08/15. Reason: better sentence?

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
hey Dwayne ....

All well here this. Just spent a week on PEI with the family. We had a great time! We did everything including bumper boats, deep sea fishing and copious eating of mackerel on the Q. Lobster and other sea food was on the menu as well. I needed that!

Sorry for the short/bald reference. There are are only two people I torture for such physical attributes. They pretty much ask for it so I don't lose any sleep over it. You won't be added to the list. smile

I've only shot deer with 70gr Speers from my A-Bolt 1:14" 22/250. All deer have died so I have now worries about that bullet. My 8" twist 223 will be fitted with either 70gr AMax, 52gr TSX or 60gr NPs, which ever work best.

Paul

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by SuperCub
My 8" twist 223 will be fitted with either 70gr AMax, 52gr TSX or 60gr NPs, which ever work best.

Paul

SuperCub, I got some really bad news for you......

Hornady doesn't make a 70 gr Amax

Barnes doesn't make a 52 TSX and.....

Nosler is no longer listing the 60 gr. NPT.

On the good news side, theres tons of other good choices out there... grin

Last edited by ingwe; 08/08/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by ingwe
My 8" twist 223 will be fitted with either 70gr AMax, 52gr TSX or 60gr NPs, which ever work best.

Paul

Ingwe,

The 60 gr Partitions are still listed on their website and they had fresh seconds at the proshop about a month ago.

I see no indication they've been discontinued.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
A guy that I hunted with a few years ago had his daughter shooting a .223 with the 60 gr v-max for a few years. I think she was 20 for 20 on deer ranging from 60-180 pounds. They never lost one but it didn't provide the greatest of blood trail, they have since stepped up to the 55gr ttsx.

This is outta a 700 .223 20" hvy barrel.

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper

Paul

Ingwe,

The 60 gr Partitions are still listed on their website and they had fresh seconds at the proshop about a month ago.

I see no indication they've been discontinued.

I must be blind! cry

I couldn't locate them on their site last week when I looked, and I still can't find them today! cry

I hope you are right as they seem quite popular and I can't see any reason they would discontinue.

Please give me a link to the page they are on...before I go nuts crazy

Last edited by ingwe; 08/08/15.

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
viking,

Noone is gonna tell me what chambering/boolits,I can/cain't shoot.

I'd build THE Placebo,just to fhuqk with heads..............(grin)

'06,

It's your fhuqking Imagination...Pretend with it as you MUST.

Please find me "mistaken",it WILL be funnier than fhuqk.

Hint.

'Twere a fair mornin' and I'm fraught with only 20 Tags in the house.

[Linked Image]

Re-hint..................

SuperKchunt,

What didja' almost "do" today?!? Don't forget the "particulars" of your Imagination and it's Pretend.

Pardon the slow day today,I just cain't wanna mess with too much meat atta whack,in these temps. Yet another poly-tipped Target Boolit...then another. Laughing!

Watching Sister shoot,is rather a treat. She's more than a touch handy,in backstrap retrieval too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt...as you feverishly conjure Imagination and Pretend,you "hard charger" you.

Laughing!....................

'30cal,

I've prolly launched 40's,50's and 55's outta a gawddamned goodly sized herd of 22-250's,22-250AI's,Swifts and but a brace of CHeetahs(both 26" MK 1's).

Have seen 'em freeze Venison more times than The Do Nothing Gang could ever begin to Imagine or Pretend.

Had I been thinkin' this morning,I'd of had Sister tote The Electric Chair this mornin',with formed 40's at 3950fps outta it's 20" spout,if only to give The Paper Hat Brigade even more to fhuqking Whine about.................

'gwe,

SuperKchunt can only "do" the best she can do,with what INCREDIBLY fhuqking little she has to work with. Reality do her Fantasy no favors.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!

The 60NPT's are ASSUREDLY no fhuqking prize,but if only to prove a point I will happily mail you some and bank the Toldjaso for a bit later.

Hint..................

'sniper,

You were really doing "great" there for a spell.

GREAT fhuqking time to wax eloquent on your esteemed experience in the "game processing plan".

fats,

FAR and away,the best .224" X going is the 62TSX and that by lightyears. Am thinkin' I could prolly hang some pics,but I'm careful not to spook all of the Bottom Feeders outta the hole too soon.

Seen a fair to middlin' blood trail heading down some punchin' this AM...by a lowly 20" 6BR and 105 A-Max at a 2700fps launch. Might be hard to see?!?

[Linked Image]

Then again.......................(grin)

Always a treat to be regaled by Whining Kchunts who "do" the least,as they unleash their copious Imaginations and rather spectacular Pretend...by citing "particulars".

GOOD talk.

Laughing!

Here's hoping that the cat don't get tongues,nor the couch their kchunts,as this is very "informative".

I'm fhuqking cryin',I'm laughing soooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!

WOW +P+++!..................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
H
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
H
Originally Posted by Big Stick
viking,

Noone is gonna tell me what chambering/boolits,I can/cain't shoot.

I'd build THE Placebo,just to fhuqk with heads..............(grin)

Hey stick GFY!! You loser, how much time does it take you to type all that damn jibberish schit you splattering.

'06,

It's your fhuqking Imagination...Pretend with it as you MUST.

Please find me "mistaken",it WILL be funnier than fhuqk.

Hint.

'Twere a fair mornin' and I'm fraught with only 20 Tags in the house.

[Linked Image]

Re-hint..................

SuperKchunt,

What didja' almost "do" today?!? Don't forget the "particulars" of your Imagination and it's Pretend.

Pardon the slow day today,I just cain't wanna mess with too much meat atta whack,in these temps. Yet another poly-tipped Target Boolit...then another. Laughing!

Watching Sister shoot,is rather a treat. She's more than a touch handy,in backstrap retrieval too.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt...as you feverishly conjure Imagination and Pretend,you "hard charger" you.

'30cal,

I've prolly launched 40's,50's and 55's outta a gawddamned goodly sized herd of 22-250's,22-250AI's,Swifts and but a brace of CHeetahs(both 26" MK 1's).

Have seen 'em freeze Venison more times than The Do Nothing Gang could ever begin to Imagine or Pretend.

Had I been thinkin' this morning,I'd of had Sister tote The Electric Chair this mornin',with formed 40's at 3950fps outta it's 20" spout,if only to give The Paper Hat Brigade even more to fhuqking Whine about.................

'gwe,

SuperKchunt can only "do" the best she can do,with what INCREDIBLY fhuqking little she has to work with. Reality do her Fantasy no favors.

Bless her heart.

Laughing!

The 60NPT's are ASSUREDLY no fhuqking prize,but if only to prove a point I will happily mail you some and bank the Toldjaso for a bit later.

Hint..................

'sniper,

You were really doing "great" there for a spell.

GREAT fhuqking time to wax eloquent on your esteemed experience in the "game processing plan".

fats,

FAR and away,the best .224" X going is the 62TSX and that by lightyears. Am thinkin' I could prolly hang some pics,but I'm careful not to spook all of the Bottom Feeders outta the hole too soon.

Seen a fair to middlin' blood trail heading down some punchin' this AM...by a lowly 20" 6BR and 105 A-Max at a 2700fps launch. Might be hard to see?!?

[Linked Image]

Then again.......................(grin)

Always a treat to be regaled by Whining Kchunts who "do" the least,as they unleash their copious Imaginations and rather spectacular Pretend...by citing "particulars".

GOOD talk.

Laughing!

Here's hoping that the cat don't get tongues,nor the couch their kchunts,as this is very "informative".

I'm fhuqking cryin',I'm laughing soooooooooooooo fhuqking hard!!!

WOW +P+++!..................

Fück Joe byron
F
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
F
Nice to know that 6mm 105 A-max will work!!

IC B3

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Stick...Thanks for the offer on the 60 NPTs but I tried them when they first came out.

'nuff said. grin

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
And then antelope sniper tells me they are still on the website( I couldn't find them) and still in Shooters Pro Shop ( OUT OF STOCK)...

But it ends up costing me money anyway, cause they had a deal on blem 60 gr NBTs! laugh

Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter

Misprints on the 75gr AMax and 53grTSX. I have both on hand incl some 60gr NPs seconds. I've not had luck getting the partitions to shoot well in previous guns. maybe this time. smile

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
I love NPTs but couldn't get a warm fuzzy over the .22s

When they first came out our own JB ran a box through a Juenke Comparator, that measures concentricity. He divided the box into 3 subsequent piles...good, better, best.
Ive got a 'known entity' build in a .223 with a 1 in 10 Hart barrel that seems to digest everything, so I loaded and shot them.

They shot exactly how John sorted them:

Good: 1.25 inches

Better: 1.00 +- inches

Best : .75 inches.

If they were all that was available, I would embrace them, as I know terminal performance is good, and they definitely fit into the " hunting" accuracy mold....but lucky for us today there are so many other choices out there....

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Big Stick;
Good afternoon to you sir, it's good to see that you're not housebound and are able to spend some time afield with family.

Please send congratulations to your daughter on the nice bucks, they look absolutely delicious.

While I've only had the pleasure of eating a single sample of a Sitka from the Charlotte's it stands out as the best venison we've sampled and like you we've sampled a little bit over the years from here and from there as well. wink

All the best to you and your family for the remaining days of summer Big Stick.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
twottsix,

You started out "telling" folks about boolits and now you are are just a Whining Do Nothing Kchunt. That less a SINGLE fhuqking round being "fired",in your AMAZING "transformation". Bless your heart.

Pardon me,while I feign my "surprise",at your "experience" and "results". Should it assist your Imagination and Pretend,feel free to cite the word(s) that were too "lengthy" or "fancy" for your exceedingly modest IQ and I'll cheerfully substitute verbiage that's more de' rigueur and will be at ease in making it look easy. Simply because it is(for me).

Laughing!...........................

fats,

I've long been on the ropes in regards to .243" Hornie Polymer 105 Grain Splendors and their relative "effectiveness" in said platform.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

I ain't so nervous now...........................(grin)

'gwe,

You summed up NPT's perfectly,in that folks who KNOW better...can't even give the fhuqking pieces of schit away!

Hornady 4ths,trump Nosler 1sts and in non-lineal fashion.....................

SuperKchunt,

Cheer up...them who shoot as "much" as you,often confuse same.

'30cal,

Ohhhhh it was really close,as I was Gawddamned nearly manacled by the FASCINATING deeds of Do Nothing Dumbfhuqkery exhibited by The Paper Hat Brigade and I was close to riding the couch.

Give or fhuqking take.

Laughing!

Season(s) abound,Tag(s) abound and Opportunity(ies) abound...and it ain't even close to "fair".

An August Velvet Buck has NO equal in relative tablefare and I've got on good authority,that I ain't "guessing".....................

Brad says: "Can't fault Rick for his pity letting you back on the fire... but pity it was and remains. Nothing more, nothing less. A sad little man in a sad little dream."
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Orville
Hi new to the forum and have a new bushmaster ORC carbine with Telestock. Has anyone here shot a deer with a 55 grain Vmax? I was going to take a deer this year and wondered if these would work. My bushmaster shoots them pretty good about 2 inches at 100 meters. It does not shoot other heavier bullets as well. I have a Buris E1 3x9x40 in a buris pepper mount on it. Is this a good choice?

20+ years ago I shot two deer with varmint bullets (100gr .25 cal Nosler BT). The first one went between the ribs, and the deer went maybe 20 feet & dropped. The 2nd one dead centered a rib, and while it damaged the heart, the bullet cartwheeled around in the deer and exited out the bottom of the belly. Had I not seen it I wouldn't have believed it. The critter died, but there was almost no blood trail and wasn't easy to find. So I'll pass on varmint bullets on deer. Nosler has since made the 100gr tougher, and I can see why!

After seeing so many reports of success I gave the AR a try on a spike. The 65gr Sierra out-shot the Nosler 60gr Partition in the Daniel Defense, so they got the nod.

[Linked Image]

I found the jacket & core separated, and stuck together in the offside hide.

[Linked Image]

It worked okay, and the deer only went ~30 yards but there was no exit, or blood trail. So I think I'd get something a little heavier/tougher.

Midway has these 55gr TTSX's on sale, and in stock:

http://www.midwayusa.com/product/63...n-spitzer-boat-tail-box-of-50#reviewHead

I grabbed a couple hundred of them, just to have on hand, the next time I get an urge to shoot a deer with a .223.

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
i'm thinking Big stick likes his drugs. sounds and writes like every meth head I've ever encountered .

the v bullets are to explosive for me to trust on deer. have seen them splash on ribs and leave a terrible crater without getting past ribs. there are to many good strong penetrating slugs to take the chance of a nasty wound.

the consolidation of the states into one vast republic, sure to be aggressive abroad and despotic at home, will be the certain precursor of that ruin which has overwhelmed all those that have preceded. Robert E Lee
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
'cal,

Nosler's "best",pales to Hornday's worst...as well as those of many others. Have whistled more than a bunch of .257" 75 V-Max THROUGH Deer,ala Bob,Better Bob,25-284,25-06,25-06AI and 257Wby. Speeds from 3500fps to 4200fps,twist rates being a constant at 10". If Hornady made a .257" A-Max,I'd reactivite the Quarterbore Larder ASAP.

Legendary 23" 25-284 here.

[Linked Image]

Sierra has yet to make a .224" projectile,that I'd trust on Venison. Cheer up,I've zooked .284" 120 NBT's from a 20" 7-08 on Venison and the 120 V-Max wipes the mat,with those fhuqking pieces of schit.

Hornady do just fine and this was a broken shoulder exit.

[Linked Image]

Again...the 62TSX is the flagship of the Barnes' offerings in .224" and I've assuredly inserted them all into Venison,with both Krunchentickers and Boltguns. The 70TSX being the biggest turd in the punchbowl,due it's gross bearing surface and Ping Pong Ball BC,given what could have been. They'd do well to introduce a 70TSX VLD and forget the notion of putting it in AR mags and simply focus on BC.

Hint..................

'stalker,

Sounds like you and your friends,really get after it,as you peddle BJ's for $20 a pop behind the dumpster...to keep you in the crack. Pun be intended,though you'll haveta Google it. Laughing! You CLUELESS Day Dreaming Dumbfhuqks are a hoot!!

Please the cite the Imaginary "z" and the chambering it was launched from,that you Pretend to have not dug past a rib. Hang a pic of that killer rifle too,cite the glass and some "particulars",as it WILL be funnier than fhuqk.

15yd impact "splash".

[Linked Image]

The only thing you "shoot" is your fhuqking mouth and Imagination. Don't let the cat get your tongue,nor the couch your kchunt.

.224" 'max at the 450yd line ala 22-250AI and a single poke.

[Linked Image]

Bless your heart...............

(Addendum: for yet another DUMBfhuqk)

'snipper,

I've thus far PLAINLY stated .224" 32,40,50,55,60 and 75 Hornie Max's. Cheer up...as I've shot lotsa 33 and 35 grain Max's too,in both Hornet and K-Hornet.

Your gross inability to keep pace,will only come as a "surprise" to you. Bless your heart.

You'll haveta' pardon my being afforded the luxury,of not being forced to guess.

Hint.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
A
75's and 120's are not 55's. but I never expected math to be your strong suit.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

67 members (35, 308ld, 14idaho, 3dtestify, 10gaugemag, 406_SBC, 12 invisible), 1,855 guests, and 809 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,387
Posts18,469,728
Members73,931
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.