Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
Take care Gene! Hope it heals up for you!

"...the designer of the .270 Ingwe cartridge!..."

GB1

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Prayers.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Hope you get lots of relief from this Gene.... chronic pain sucks.

Please don't feed the trolls!
S
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
S
Having somewhat been there for the same thing I can relate to the disappearing quarter inch hole. I have had it done twice the way you had it and once curled into a ball on my side position when they shot the magic stuff inside the spine.

I hope and pray it works for you and you can not only get rid if the pain meds but can function normally without pain.

They did not work for me at all. I have learned to live with it without becoming a grump.

OK, maybe a little tiny bit of a grump. wink

The first time I shot myself in the head...

Meniere's Sucks Big Time!!!
E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Gene, i hope you heal up quick. Maybe we can get Paladin out west of Andrews for dove in about 5 or 6 wks.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
IC B2

P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
The first time i got the 12 in. spinal needles in the back done for tests,they didn't give any meds.

While it was going on i thought i had bent the stainless table.

Waiting outside the room for a pusher to get me up to recovery,the doc came out and sat down and talked to me.
He asked me if i was getting over it yet and if i needed/wanted anything.
I said i sure could a smoke right now and he pulled out a pack and we talked while waiting.
I will never again get them done with out the 45 minute nap meds.
Best nap i have had all year when i get the shots.

Hope they work long term for you.

R
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
R
I hope it works out well for you, Gene. Prayers to that effect offered.

We may know the time Ben Carson lied, but does anyone know the time Hillary Clinton told the truth?

Immersing oneself in progressive lieberalism is no different than bathing in the sewage of Hell.
N
Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
N
I had some at a couple of levels in the neck for numbness and tingling in my hands and arms. They went in between the shoulder blades with a tiny catheter, snake it up the spinal canal, then use dye and x-rays to see when it's in the right spot and then inject a steroid. Worked like a champ.

I also had a couple of nerves cauterized in my lower back to cut down on pain from pinched nerves. The Doc had to do some diagnostic injections first to make sure they had the right spot. They can do some amazing things now. Hope it works for you too.

The propofol does give a good nap. smile My wife always laughs at me about the number of times that I ask, "what time is?" or "how long was I out?" when I'm in recovery.

NRA Life,Endowment,Patron or Benefactor since '72.
A
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
You have a way with words, Gene! laugh I'm glad it wasn't me.

Ed

"Not in an open forum, where truth has less value than opinions, where all opinions are equally welcome regardless of their origins, rationale, inanity, or truth, where opinions are neither of equal value nor decisive." Ken Howell

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Had two last year stopped the meds after taking for a month the day of 1st one. So far so good a year later.

Hope yours works well!

Mike

God, Family, and Country.
NRA Endowment Member

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

Good luck Gene. Sure hope it works out for you. I wish you all the best.

Like Ralph said, dove season is just around the corner.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah... I need to get out there and check out the population at Donnie's and at Welch.

I went to Ft Worth and picked up a diesel generator he bought at auction. I may take it out there to him the end of next week to check things out.

Patrick, Tex n cal, may join us.

Never holler whoa or look back in a tight place
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That would be a hoot.

How many obama supporters does it take to change a light bulb? None, they prefer to remain in the dark.

The single biggest problem in communication is the illusion that it has taken place.

George Bernard Shaw

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

Did four injections this morning. Hope yours and those of my patients' are helpful.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I hope this works well for you, only thing I know that is worse than back pain is a tooth going south.

Paul

"I'd rather see a sermon than hear a sermon".... D.A.D.

Trump Won!, Sandmann Won!, Rittenhouse Won!, Suck it Liberal Fuuktards.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla

A
Campfire Tracker
Online Content
Campfire Tracker
A
Gene,

I wish you the very best for a quick and painless procedure and a pain-free afterlife!

I have lost count of how many spinal injections and nerve oblations I have had done. I've even had a small growth/tumor removed from between my vertebra and the spinal nerve (within the facet joint). I'm to the point - like someone else mentioned - of having the shots done in a series of three.

Living with the pain now since I stopped taking Norco cold-turkey after several years - that's another story unto itself!

Go kill stuff!

Bob
Enjoy life now -- it has an expiration date.
~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
B
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
B
I hope that you are doing fine. My injections were no help. Over the last 15 yrs. I've had 3 neck fusions, fused between the shoulder blades, and fusion in the lower back. Last surgery was about 6 yrs ago. I can't bend very well and have to be real careful driving looking to the side and back. I have no pain and it was worth every bit. I have an excellent Ortho guy at the Carrell Clinic in Dallas.

Last edited by butchlambert1; 08/13/15.
B
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
B
Sure do hope those shots work for you so you can get back to fishin n shootin.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
oh chit man i woulda warned you to take the drugs....one of the guys that said he felt like he bent the table he was laying on sounds very familiar.....took all my willpower not to move knowing what was going crazy

Originally Posted by Valsdad
Good luck with it all, although it sounds as though you needed better luck with the IV port. I hope it makes life a bit better for you, the knee juice I've had helped that for a few months. Now if I could convince the insurance company to let me have another I might make it through hunting season.

Geno

how old are you? generally unless your putting off total replacement thats coming down the pipe real soon for you they only will do it every 6 months as it fugs with the bone causing the joint to deteriorate further alot faster if given to often assuming 'knee juice' = the cortisone cocktail they give....when they tried it on me i was warned given i was a young guy only every 6 months cause the doc said it would 'eat away the bone' if given more often than that.....granted the doc WAY oversimplified whats going on but the end result is the same

A serious student of the "Armchair Safari" always looking for Africa/Asia hunting books
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Gene, I remember from your earlier thread that you mentioned you were coming to Abilene for the Injections. Was wondering if you used Dr. Norm Dozier ??? He's the one I use for injections here and he has worked miracles on the ruptured disks in my neck. It only took a couple of sessions with his injections to get me back on track. Hope it works out for you, as well as it did for me!

"Allways speak the truth and you will never have to remember what you said before..." Sam Houston
Texans, "We say Grace, We Say Mam, If You Don't Like it, We Don't Give a Damn!"

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

545 members (1_deuce, 160user, 10gaugeman, 222Sako, 24HourCampFireGuy50, 10ring1, 71 invisible), 3,044 guests, and 1,148 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,194,579
Posts18,532,222
Members74,041
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.