Print Thread
Hop To
Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by ingwe
You guys are killin' me....

+1

Our season doesn't open until the first weekend of October.

Old Turd- Deplorable- Unrepentant Murderer- Domestic Violent Extremist

Just "Campfire Riffraff and Trash"

This will be my last post! Flave 1/3/21
GB1

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Went again this am. Temps . were in low 50's. No mosquitos even buzzing about. grin One of the wierdest morning I've ever had hunting squirrels. Saw a bunch of gray squirrels, but they were all either running on the ground or were 1-2 ft. off the ground, hanging on the sides of small trees. The mast hasn't started to drop, yet. I did finally get shots at 3, but only managed to get one. Just flat out missed the other two. This is a new place I just got permission to hunt. It's a neat place, and I will be going back.

[Linked Image]

maddog

O
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
O
Can't wait -well I guess I have to -but come on squirrel season.
Gitter done Maddog !

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.
M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Well, was going down south, this weekend, and hunt squirrels and catch catfish. Had to cancel, cause my allergies are absolutely killing me, along with my back, legs, and feet. Off to the chiropractor, in a couple hrs. Sux to get old.... frown

maddog

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Alabama season opened on Tuesday the 15th this year; three days in and so far 3 squirrels and 1 rabbit. I think they passed cat inspection... whistle
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

IC B2

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Dang, Phillip is breaking out all those fine looking ol' guns of his.
Very good..

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Mike: off topic but have you tried Nasacort for your allergies?

It is the difference between living and existing for me. Simple and relatively cheap.

BTW: I found a stronghold of fox squirrels moving north in Wyoming last week...I might get a little hunting closer to home! laugh

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Tom, I use Nasacort, have been for almost a year. Also using generic allegra, claratin, chlor tabs, benedryl....yada, yada, yada. I think this year the only thing that's gonna help, is a frost.

Phillip, nice pics, beautiful guns.

We get the storms out of the way today, and tomorrow, I may go hunting Sunday, when we have a cool spell, again.

maddog

Last edited by maddog; 09/17/15.
Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
All the pills stopped working for me years ago... Nasacort is a lifesaver. But I forget you have about a billion other kinds of plants that pollinate back there...

"...the left considers you vermin, and they'll kill you given the chance..." Bristoe
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Went for a walk right after dawn and saw this one. I need some Nasacort and Robitussin, some sort of upper respiratory virus going around. Went back to bed after the morning woods walk. sick
[Linked Image]

IC B3

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Shot 2 more squirrels early this morning; the first was decent sized, the second was tiny, I guess what some of ya'll are calling "breakfast squirrels". :p
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Phillip,
Love seeing your pictures. They are well composed and feature good looking shotguns and knives. Excellent!

Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Went out for a coupla hrs. this am. First I'd been out since last weekend. the woods was absolutely beautiful. Chilly enough, that I had on an insulated sweat shirt. Saw 5-6 squirrels, but only managed to shoot one. Prolly missed 4.... Think I forgot to clean my glasses....whistle grin.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

The last supper....er breakfast, so to speak. grin

maddog

W
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
W
Nice shooting.. Beautiful time of year in the hardwood country..

Molon Labe
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by 260AIShooter
Hi pointer, I'm just not finding many hickory trees with nuts. They are starting to hit the pecans down in the Wabash bottoms though. Got 3 grays this morning before I called it a day. There just aren't too many people that squirrel hunt anymore around here. Most of them I see are old bald headed guys like me.
I hear ya! I have yet to go as the kids activities have kept me tied up every weekend so far. Might try to shoot a couple this Sunday between deer hunts with the 8yo. My grandpa used to run all over the Buckskin bottoms and strip pits chasing squirrels. He still talks to a father/son combo there that kill a couple hundred a year. But nothing like it used to be that for sure. Still a bit too hot and buggy, but it doesn't get much better than hunting squirrels.

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
pointer, thought ya fell in and the hogs ate ya! grin Glad ta see ya back. Went hunting this am. It was beautiful out! I saw three, and shot two. Both red heads. The way it's 'posed ta be .......grin

[Linked Image]

maddog

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Good shooting Mike!

I been out shooting bunnies...my surrogate squirrels wink

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by maddog
pointer, thought ya fell in and the hogs ate ya! grin Glad ta see ya back. Went hunting this am. It was beautiful out! I saw three, and shot two. Both red heads. The way it's 'posed ta be .......grin

[Linked Image]

maddog

I don't have time to be 'et! wink

M
maddog Offline OP
Campfire Tracker
OP Offline
Campfire Tracker
M
Went this am, to a buddy's place, that I hadn't been to this season. Prolly the toughest hunt so far this season. Saw plenty of squirrels, but it was almost impossible to get a shot! The place is beautiful, 35/40 acres of bottoms, with rolling hillsides and a creek running through the middle. Here's some pics.

[Linked Image]

Said squirrel. The only one I shot in 2 1/2 hrs.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

Some camping area pics. Think I'm gonna set up a campout there for next season with my son and son-in-law.

maddog

Campfire Oracle
Campfire Oracle
Still looking pretty leafy there!

Page 4 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 6 10 11

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

602 members (10gaugemag, 06hunter59, 10ring1, 160user, 007FJ, 10gaugeman, 74 invisible), 2,631 guests, and 1,325 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,476
Posts18,471,571
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.