Print Thread
Hop To
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger

(WAFF) -

During a routine traffic stop on Thursday, Alabama state troopers say they discovered a woman transporting over 100 pounds of illegal methamphetamines, disguised as candy, beverages, and other snacks, into Alabama.

Around 3:30 p.m., an Alabama state trooper stopped Graciela Mora, 43, of San Benito, TX for an improper lane change on Interstate 65 in Baldwin County. During the traffic stop, the trooper uncovered 64 pounds of liquid beverages and 43 pounds of individually wrapped candy and snacks containing methamphetamines. The trooper contacted the State Bureau of Investigation’s (SBI) Narcotics Unit, who responded to investigate.

Mora was charged with trafficking in methamphetamine and was transported to and booked in the Baldwin County Corrections Center on a $1,000,000 bond. Nothing further is available as the investigation continues.

[Linked Image]

Campfire Kahuna
Online Happy
Campfire Kahuna
exactly what IS an 'improper lane change'. I wonder if it varies state to state.
Here is the Florida version

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes...RL=0300-0399/0316/Sections/0316.085.html

Last edited by Mannlicher; 08/23/15.

Sam......

B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
When I read the title of your post I almost knew it had to be here. Probably 90% of the drug busts on the I-10 corridor here are initiated following "an improper lane change", i.e. no blinker. It doesn't really matter if you used your blinker or not once the stop is initiated.

If you are traveling through south Alabama with Texas plates, you will be profiled. Just another side effect from Obama's open border policy.

Last edited by Bama_Rick; 08/23/15.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
WI:

https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/statutes/statutes/346/V/31/3/c

Just guessing here, but the woman probably didn't use any turn signal when she changed lanes..

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
Good stop. OK, great stop.

I'm wondering if it weren't really a "I ran your plates and you're from the Border" stop.

Or, "We received notification from another agency and I'm pulling you over."

How did he know that packaged candy was meth? Do they have any sort of field testing kit?

Birdwatcher

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744
IC B2

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
I'm sure the non-factory shrink wrap may have raised some suspicions, but yes, there is a field test kit for meth/meth residue.

Campfire Kahuna
Online Content
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Good stop. OK, great stop.

I'm wondering if it weren't really a "I ran your plates and you're from the Border" stop.

How did he know that packaged candy was meth? Do they have any sort of field testing kit?

Birdwatcher

They have all sorts of field test kits. They detect different types of drugs. One for pot, another for meth, one for coke, and so on.

Using a dog to sniff it out is a good way to find that disguised stuff.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
Damn good stop, Trooper.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
When I read the title of your post I almost knew it had to be here. Probably 90% of the drug busts on the I-10 corridor here are initiated following "an improper lane change", i.e. no blinker. It doesn't really matter if you used your blinker or not once the stop is initiated.

If you are traveling through south Alabama with Texas plates, you will be profiled. Just another side effect from Obama's open border policy.

Carry nothing illegal, no big deal...

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
B
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
B
No big deal other than being detained for hours while your vehicle is stripped back to primer. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

IC B3

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
I used to live in Enterprise, AL had Texas tags on my truck, since I was on active duty, and was never stopped one time.

Guess I didnt fit the "profile".

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by Hawk_Driver
I used to live in Enterprise, AL had Texas tags on my truck, since I was on active duty, and was never stopped one time.

Guess I didnt fit the "profile".

Either that, or you used your fuggin turn signal and didn't give the cops cause to throw you to the curb?

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
Probably one of the few that drove like a sane person there. You really take your life in your hands when you drive around there. Flying with students was alot safer!

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

C
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
C
CURSES! This military chopper pilot type, knows how to use a turn signal! I guess we'll have to let him pass.

"The number one problem with America is, a whole lot of people need shot, and nobody is shooting them."
-Master Chief Hershel Davis

R
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
R
Originally Posted by Bama_Rick
No big deal other than being detained for hours while your vehicle is stripped back to primer. Even a blind squirrel finds a nut every now and then.

And likely having to pay a fine of $100 or so for the "offense" and having to kill a day to go to court to keep the points off your license.....hopefully.

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn

RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Yeah, there is the issue of having to pay fines and stuff for the actual improper lane change in the first place.

Of course, that would have been solved by not making an improper lane change....

Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular

That would be my first guess. Years ago Illinois State Police had a string of 'miraculous' discoveries of semi-truck drug smugglers. The reasons for the stop were as vacuous as "it seemed suspicious that there were locks on the trailer doors." Yeah, right!

It became pretty obvious they were acting on intel from another state - probably Texas, and waited until the trucks had travelled a good distance to make it less obvious.

National Rifle Association - Patron Member
National Muzzleloading Rifle Association - Life Member and 1 of 1000
Illinois State Rifle Association - Life Member
Carlinville Rifle & Pistol Club
~ Molɔ̀ːn Labé ~
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
I bet it wasn't worth the $200 they were going to pay her.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
RWE Offline OP
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
Could have been like that heroin arrest in Az and she could have been jamming meth filled condoms up her snapper....

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by GunReader

That would be my first guess. Years ago Illinois State Police had a string of 'miraculous' discoveries of semi-truck drug smugglers. The reasons for the stop were as vacuous as "it seemed suspicious that there were locks on the trailer doors." Yeah, right!

It became pretty obvious they were acting on intel from another state - probably Texas, and waited until the trucks had travelled a good distance to make it less obvious.

If they were acting on information, it was from inside Illinois , and they were waiting on it to get there. That is doubtful though, because there is no advantage to taking down a load before it gets to where it is going. Anytime you hear ANYTHING about a big drug seizure, other than a "bust out" of indictments, it is because the case could not be furthered. Highway interdiction is not brain surgery, but it is damn hard work.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

606 members (160user, 219 Wasp, 1lessdog, 1minute, 1badf350, 69 invisible), 2,480 guests, and 1,289 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,193,189
Posts18,503,386
Members73,993
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.