Print Thread
Hop To
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by RoninPhx
on the other hand, just talking to a friend of mine multiple deployments in various bad places, over a number of years. marine corp.
He doesn't think much of it.
His comment was sometimes he would go 30days without a shower, having to poop in a plastic bag, and use whatever to get rid of crotch rot. How wondered how the average woman would deal with that? His comment being going through a school is one thing where portapotties were set up, but being in the field is different.
His other comment was that the services have gotten very politically correct, where having a vagina, or the right color, or both fast tracked you on advancement. His comment being passed over as sargent 8 times, and having the right sex or color then giving you orders when they don't have the same experience level. Which is probably a big reason why people are leaving the military.
And two woman out of all those ranger qualified, what does that really prove? A couple of super atheletes don't translate well aginst the great body, and how much in special accomodations are done for this politically correct goal?

THere are more women out there than you think, that can handle all that... wife goes with me for a couple weeks as a start, no shower, nothing, roughing it on the ground, often without tent, off trail and so on...

If the 30 days thing is an issue.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
And I have NO idea, and wont take the time to research, but are the Israeli's using women in combat? Would they if they are not?

But I know to many here, Israel doesn't count.

We can keep Larry Root and all his idiotic blabber and user names on here, but we can't get Ralph back..... Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over....
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by dodgefan
Originally Posted by David_Walter
'Sniper,

There are no m60s in my current TOE.

However, in the last unit I commanded, we had an EOD flight with those and the Barrett light 50.

My EOD flight commander, a 4'11" woman, used to hump them all the time.

Does that prove or disprove anything?

And my math skills are fine. Barry's implication was that women are unsuitable because large numbers wash out. Large numbers of men wash out, too.

I think you're all missing the point, perhaps purposely. While you have the luxury of disparaging these Rangers, I have the reality of having to make these and any other women effective in the roles to which they are assigned.

You're talking. I'm doing. And it doesn't matter what you say, I'm going to give these ladies, these volunteers while 99% of the male population does not volunteer, every opportunity to prove themselves and to succeed.

I'm going to switch off of this thread now. As the Ranger Major said earlier, you could have been there the whole time and still would not have given these officers the courtesy of recognizing their accomplishment.

That's pathetic.

David, again you obfuscate. There was an earlier class with 19 female Ranger Candidates, and all 19 failed. Out of this class of 18, only 2 passes.

2/37 is 5%. That is a full magnitude different then the near 50% pass rate for men.

Since you are an officer, let me break this down for you.

5% does not equal 50%.

So explain to me how sending 10 times the number of women through Ranger School to get the same number of graduates as their male counter parts is a reasonable expenditure of our tax dollar? Again, you've become such a political creature as you rose though the officer ranks you are no longer capable of doing a simple cost/benefit analysis.

As for volunteering, you seem to forget. I did volunteer.

As for you making the most with what you have, you don't have a choice in the matter. You have to play the hand you are dealt. If the Air Force decided to send you tangled mess of misfits, it might suck to be you, but it doesn't change your mission, just your opportunities for success.

Actually these numbers are wrong 138 started RTAC. Numbers are here. http://weaponsman.com/?p=23048

Eviltwin has seen more ground combat then anyone else on here. I think I'll go along with his opinion as it reinforces what I saw on 21 years active.

RTAC is the Ranger Training Assessment Course. It's a 16 day "pre-ranger school" course designed to weed out those wwho are not up to the physicality of the Ranger Course, and those who can't read maps etc. Generally about 55-60% oof males soldiers can pass this pre-course, but as you mentioned, the success rate for females is significantly lower, with over 80% failing. All total this means that only 1.5% of the hand selected women were able to complete the course.

So the top 1% of females can equal an ordinary male soldiers. How would they compare with the top 1% of male soldiers, and which would you rather have with you in combat?

Would your numbers not reflect what we've been saying, the course will sort it out.

Once again, let the results speak. I wouldn't want the guys that failed to be with me..... same same.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage
Jeff,

Do you concede that introducing a bleeder to 11 men in the middle of nowhere changes the dynamics of the entire situation?

Or do you not concede that?

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A
Originally Posted by rost495
Originally Posted by David_Walter
'Sniper,

There are no m60s in my current TOE.

However, in the last unit I commanded, we had an EOD flight with those and the Barrett light 50.

My EOD flight commander, a 4'11" woman, used to hump them all the time.

Does that prove or disprove anything?

And my math skills are fine. Barry's implication was that women are unsuitable because large numbers wash out. Large numbers of men wash out, too.

I think you're all missing the point, perhaps purposely. While you have the luxury of disparaging these Rangers, I have the reality of having to make these and any other women effective in the roles to which they are assigned.

You're talking. I'm doing. And it doesn't matter what you say, I'm going to give these ladies, these volunteers while 99% of the male population does not volunteer, every opportunity to prove themselves and to succeed.

I'm going to switch off of this thread now. As the Ranger Major said earlier, you could have been there the whole time and still would not have given these officers the courtesy of recognizing their accomplishment.

That's pathetic.

David, again you obfuscate. There was an earlier class with 19 female Ranger Candidates, and all 19 failed. Out of this class of 18, only 2 passes.

2/37 is 5%. That is a full magnitude different then the near 50% pass rate for men.

Since you are an officer, let me break this down for you.

5% does not equal 50%.

So explain to me how sending 10 times the number of women through Ranger School to get the same number of graduates as their male counter parts is a reasonable expenditure of our tax dollar? Again, you've become such a political creature as you rose though the officer ranks you are no longer capable of doing a simple cost/benefit analysis.

As for volunteering, you seem to forget. I did volunteer.

As for you making the most with what you have, you don't have a choice in the matter. You have to play the hand you are dealt. If the Air Force decided to send you tangled mess of misfits, it might suck to be you, but it doesn't change your mission, just your opportunities for success.

Actually these numbers are wrong 138 started RTAC. Numbers are here. http://weaponsman.com/?p=23048

Eviltwin has seen more ground combat then anyone else on here. I think I'll go along with his opinion as it reinforces what I saw on 21 years active.

RTAC is the Ranger Training Assessment Course. It's a 16 day "pre-ranger school" course designed to weed out those wwho are not up to the physicality of the Ranger Course, and those who can't read maps etc. Generally about 55-60% oof males soldiers can pass this pre-course, but as you mentioned, the success rate for females is significantly lower, with over 80% failing. All total this means that only 1.5% of the hand selected women were able to complete the course.

So the top 1% of females can equal an ordinary male soldiers. How would they compare with the top 1% of male soldiers, and which would you rather have with you in combat?

Would your numbers not reflect what we've been saying, the course will sort it out.

Once again, let the results speak. I wouldn't want the guys that failed to be with me..... same same.

Rost, those schools are not free. That's your and my tax dollars they are spending to get minimal results out of their PC agenda. Of DW and the likes don't care how many of our tax dollars they waste in pursuit of their PC agenda so long as it helps him toward his next promotion.

So you have one group with a 1% pass rate, and another with a 50% pass rate. So by your reasoning we should send more of the one percent group so we can spend more tax dollars and have fewer new Rangers, and fewer that can actually be in a Ranger Battalion, at the end of they year.

Sure, as guys we like babe's with guns, but I"m not in favor of wasting tax dollars on high failure rate, and limited opportunities to use the skills imparted.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
IC B2

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Originally Posted by deflave
Jeff,

Do you concede that introducing a bleeder to 11 men in the middle of nowhere changes the dynamics of the entire situation?

Or do you not concede that?

Travis

Travis

Yes, because most folks cannot even come close to controlling themselves I agree.

Wouldn't have phased me in the least, there to do a job, not screw a gal....

I don't much care if its her that gets shot or him, or if I shoot a her or him or it.

There are times and places for everything.

I agree on dynamics quite a bit. But to say they are not capable of anything but a sammich maker and kid squirter is beyond stupid.

Not all women are what most male chauvanists desire.... I would not marry what one of those pigs desires...

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
[/quote]

Rost, those schools are not free. That's your and my tax dollars they are spending to get minimal results out of their PC agenda. Of DW and the likes don't care how many of our tax dollars they waste in pursuit of their PC agenda so long as it helps him toward his next promotion.

So you have one group with a 1% pass rate, and another with a 50% pass rate. So by your reasoning we should send more of the one percent group so we can spend more tax dollars and have fewer new Rangers, and fewer that can actually be in a Ranger Battalion, at the end of they year.

Sure, as guys we like babe's with guns, but I"m not in favor of wasting tax dollars on high failure rate, and limited opportunities to use the skills imparted. [/quote]

Nope, I don't think we should waste money, but there should be allowed a weed out system, if you pass the prelims and they should not be easy, then ANYONE should have a chance.

The schools don't cost more or less, they are paid for already. I pay for them all the time with my taxes. I only think fair should be blind.

Would you get away with not allowing blacks for instance to apply? Only because they are black? Why apply same same to women?

The 50 percent pass rate gives you one student for every 2 apply.

The 1 percent fixes itself, it gives you one for every 100 that apply.

T
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
T
Originally Posted by deflave

Flip the numbers.

A
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
A

You are showing your age my friend. I know it's a long time ago, but you need to remember what it was like when you were 18 and single.

You didn't use logic or reason to get into this opinion, I cannot use logic or reason to get you out of it.

You cannot over estimate the unimportance of nearly everything. John Maxwell
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Rost495
You're getting hung up on fair. The only thing that matters is effective. As Antelope stated it's not cost effective, and an infantry platoon made up primarily of women is not combat effective.
There is a world of difference between an infantry movement to contact and a deer hunt. Think about it like this throw about 1/2 a mule deer on your ruck move 12 miles or so through fairly rugged terrain drop about 1/2 that weight and then go run (short sprints 50-100 meters)around for 2-5 hours taking occasional breaks. 4-6 hours of broken sleep (have to pull security) then wake up and do it again the next day and the next day and the next. Think that will break a body down? Sorry but it's a fact a woman isn't built for that kind of punishment. They might be able to handle that over the short run, but what about 2-3 years down the line?

Last edited by dodgefan; 08/24/15.
IC B3

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E

You are showing your age my friend. I know it's a long time ago, but you need to remember what it was like when you were 18 and single.

Jeff, unfortunately the pregnancy rates of our "sailors" at sea show people what seem not to be as trustworthy as thee. As Davib says, he has to work with what hes got, and with todays society, he aint getting people like there used to be.

Last edited by eyeball; 08/24/15.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
I think these gals deserve the honor which they have earned. However, I would not want to go into battle with them, because women are just wired different. Men are logical and women are illogical. By that I mean, almost every single woman I have ever met, can't prioritize between the important and the unimportant. They multitask very well, but it may be a bunch of stuff that doesn't matter. I can see them now packing for the battlefield: weapon, ammunition, vest, birthday cards, anniversary cards, lipstick, flashlight, combat boots, knife, etc. To a woman, all that crap is necessary and they cannot distinguish between the two. Just my opinion.

A
add Offline
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
A
"Gender norming" = Swinging from the "ladies tees"

Epstein didn't kill himself.

"Play Cinnamon Girl you Sonuvabitch!"

Biden didn't win the election.
R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R

I remember that. I"m not that old... I stand by my statement.

R
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
R
Rost495
You're getting hung up on fair. The only thing that matters is effective. As Antelope stated it's not cost effective, and an infantry platoon made up primarily of women is not combat effective.
There is a world of difference between an infantry movement to contact and a deer hunt. Think about it like this throw about 1/2 a mule deer on your ruck move 12 miles or so through fairly rugged terrain drop about 1/2 that weight and then go run (short sprints 50-100 meters)around for 2-5 hours taking occasional breaks. 4-6 hours of broken sleep (have to pull security) then wake up and do it again the next day and the next day and the next. Think that will break a body down? Sorry but it's a fact a woman isn't built for that kind of punishment. They might be able to handle that over the short run, but what about 2-3 years down the line?

Cool. I can't do any much of that. My wife can, she is a triathlete..... has been for years....about to get into some kind of 120 mile runs where they run, rest, run etc.. until they've done 4-5 marathons in a weekend... phug that.

I'm not ashamed to say she is tougher than I am mentally. THe only thing that gets her is pure muscle use, she is 4/2 and about 110 and just doesnt' have the muscle mass...

But I do get all of you, but still say let them prove it just like every guy has to do. NO one is going to know if they can perform in combat until that day comes..... it should be a blind test.

Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
How long will it be until they put Summers Eve inside MRE's?

There is no way to coexist no matter how many bumper stickers there are on Subaru bumpers!

E
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
E
Its been said, give them their own regiment. Let those who wish fight against men, or give them a submarine for deep diving.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time by the blood of patriots and tyrants.

If being stupid allows me to believe in Him, I'd wish to be a retard. Eisenhower and G Washington should be good company.
Campfire Outfitter
Online Content
Campfire Outfitter
Not long ago the Army was having a problem with rampant sexual assaults. I knew a female who held Captain rank and was dating a subordinate. Her friend was a Major who was married and getting a little too close to the subordinates, like loaning a dryer, going to lunch with this one subordinate who received the dryer of course this could all be subjective?

Anyhow the Army was always good for some good "stories", that usually were true!!

In Iraq, women soldiers were prostituting themselves to their male counter parts for a little more money...True Story!

Women are a great idea in the military.

Campfire Sage
Campfire Sage

Ummm... ok.

Travis

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house
D
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
D
Rost495 your wife sounds like a tough gal and you mentioned muscle mass and her weight of 110. Buddy of mine jumped into Panama (with a Ranger Batt) said his ruck was about 150 lbs, personally I've never jumped a ruck that heavy 118lb was the heaviest I ever jumped with, I was supposed to jump with 125ish once but the jump was canceled enroute. Once the rucks start getting up to that range there is no substitute for size and strength. IMO 170lbs (assuming good physical condition)or so was about where you could start seeing a difference between guys who were good heavy ruckers (100+ lb ruck) and the ones who weren't. Guys under that weight generally couldn't handle it over several days.

Last edited by dodgefan; 08/24/15.
Page 15 of 16 1 2 13 14 15 16

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

588 members (1Longbow, 1936M71, 1234, 007FJ, 160user, 1lessdog, 57 invisible), 2,401 guests, and 1,169 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,528
Posts18,491,150
Members73,972
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.