Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Yup which enabled her to make the point she was after.

Kelly then cut in, “that doesn’t sound like an answer. Mr. Trump answered that question explicitly last night on ‘The O’Reilly Factor.’ Will you do so now?” Cruz stated, “Well, Megyn, what I’m doing is answering what I think Congress should do. What Congress should do, and I introduced legislation to do exactly this, triple the Border Patrol. Increase fourfold the fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft to monitor the border, put in place a strong biometic exit/entry system, because 40% of illegal immigration doesn’t come across the border, it’s visa overstays. Put in place a strong E-Verify system. And then this final piece is critical, actually have the federal government enforce the law.”

But it was the same question.

Last edited by byc; 08/26/15.

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

M
Campfire Tracker
Campfire Tracker
M
Liberals have no moral obligations and don't care what their Politicians do, as long as they get theirs.

I thought that was the mantra.....of government employees.

"Those that think they know everything are annoying those of us that have Google." - Dr. D. Edward Wilkinson

Note to self: Never ask an old Fogey how he is doing today.
Revised note to self: Keep it short when someone asks how I am doing.

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by BOWSINGER
Originally Posted by byc
I thought her approach was brilliant!

Cruz did dodge a couple of her questions.

No, she asked the same question over and over.
_____

Cruz was then asked, “if you have a husband and a wife who are illegal immigrants, and they have two children who are here, who are American citizens, would you deport all of them? Would you deport the American citizen children?”

He responded, “So, Megyn, what I’ve said is that we should approach immigration in a staged manner. We should start with focusing on areas of bipartisan agreement. Where is there bipartisan agreement? On two major areas. Number one, that we should do everything possible to secure the border and stop illegal immigration. And number two, to improve and streamline legal immigration.”

Kelly then cut in, “that doesn’t sound like an answer. Mr. Trump answered that question explicitly last night on ‘The O’Reilly Factor.’ Will you do so now?” Cruz stated, “Well, Megyn, what I’m doing is answering what I think Congress should do. What Congress should do, and I introduced legislation to do exactly this, triple the Border Patrol. Increase fourfold the fixed-wing and rotary-wing aircraft to monitor the border, put in place a strong biometic exit/entry system, because 40% of illegal immigration doesn’t come across the border, it’s visa overstays. Put in place a strong E-Verify system. And then this final piece is critical, actually have the federal government enforce the law.”

Kelly again cut in, “Senator, I understand all that, and you’ve outlined your plan, but you’re — unlike you, you’re dodging my question. You don’t want to answer that question. He says he would.” Cruz protested, “I’m not playing that game.”

After Kelly again asked whether the American citizen children of illegal immigrants would be deported under his policy, Cruz answered, “Megyn, I get that that’s the question you want to ask, that’s also the question every mainstream media liberal journalist wants to ask. They focus exclusively –.” Kelly then asked if such a question was “unfair.” Cruz maintained it’s “a distraction from how we actually solve the problem. You know, it’s also the question Barack Obama wants to focus on.”

Kelly asked why it was “so hard” for Cruz to give a yes or no answer. Cruz stated, “Because, Megyn, we need to solve the problem. And the way you solve the problem, is you focus where there’s bipartisan agreement first. Once we’ve secured the border, once we’ve actually proven we can do this, once we’ve stop the Obama administration’s policy of releasing 104,000 violent criminal illegal aliens in one year, once we’ve solved that problem, then we can have a debate, then we can have a conversation.”

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by ltppowell
Originally Posted by byc

Because he did not answer her question.

Cruz did not have to answer but now it is hanging out there in mid-air.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

“In Trump We Trust.” Right????

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
Originally Posted by KFWA
the best move Fox could have done is just ignored Trump during the debate, give him a softball question about the economy and then his closing statement - that would have pissed him off and who knows how he would have reacted.

Instead they make a victim out of him - a man that understands that bad press is better than no press, and turn the most loyal TV viewers in America against their most popular newsperson.

DONALD Restarted the Fight with FOX

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

SOMEBODY please tell TRH that Netanyahu NEVER said "Once we squeeze all we can out of the United States, it can dry up and blow away."

IC B2

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc

But he did answer. He basically said "I don't know yet". She wanted something else.

The only thing worse than a liberal is a liberal that thinks they're a conservative.
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by dvdegeorge
Fox seems to have an agenda and thinks it can manipulate who the GOP candidate will be.Kelly doesn't like Trump and since Cruz agrees with much of Trumps rhetoric she isn't fond of Cruz.I hardly find that good journalism

That's assuming she's acting on her own

I doubt she's capable of that.

At this point, I think they sent her on vacation to protect her from the firestorm of Trump supporters who would get in her face immediately after the debate.

Now that she's back, Fox is doubling down on protecting their brand and taking Trump down in the process.

This is a big deal - because if Fox News succeeds, every candidate from here on out is going to kiss their ass and bow down to them - and if Trump succeeds, Fox News is rendered a propaganda machine and everyone will remember them trying to take out the GOP nominee

It certainly looks that way. I'm no fan of Trump and his sophomoric rants ( most of which I agree in principle).

I also am not dazzled by Kelly in any manner. She has a harsh hatchet face and strident manner. She is also ignorant about the real world outside her guardian bubble, much like Martha McCallum is. FOX has prettier and smarter, IMO.

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
[Linked Image]

Campfire Ranger
Online Content
Campfire Ranger
the best move Fox could have done is just ignored Trump during the debate, give him a softball question about the economy and then his closing statement - that would have pissed him off and who knows how he would have reacted.

Instead they make a victim out of him - a man that understands that bad press is better than no press, and turn the most loyal TV viewers in America against their most popular newsperson.

like someone else said - and we're all talking about him again

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings
D
Campfire Ranger
OP Offline
Campfire Ranger
D
Originally Posted by byc

But he did answer. He basically said "I don't know yet". She wanted something else.
Bingo!!!

My dog is a member of the "Turd Like Clan"

Covert Trail Cameras are JUNK

3 Time Dinkathon Champion #DinkGOAT

IC B3

Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
Cruz is a world-class debater and he handed Megyn her skinny ass.

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
Originally Posted by curdog4570
Originally Posted by RickyD
Amazing how many men are terrified of smart and capable women. Kelly's simply good at her job and she doesn't care whose ox is being gored, like any good journalist.

Seems like I read once that Megyn, like Cruz, clerked for a SCOTUS Judge. If so, maybe Cruz was just disappointed in her ignoring the legal and political realities in favor of pursuing a "gotcha moment".

Absolutely not. Megan Kelly, formerly Megyn Kendall, worked as an associate at the Chicago office of the Jones Day law firm, which for a long time was the largest law firm in the US. Per Wikipedia, she worked mostly on matters for the credit reporting firm Experian. That is a long way from clerking for a Supreme Court Justice or matching Ted Cruz in intellect.

She moved into broadcasting in 2003, whether because her work was boring or she did not make partnership. Probably both.

There is no doubt that she is strikingly attractive, outspoken and reasonably smart. That only takes you so far in a top tier law firm. She is doing much better at broadcasting, reportedly for $6 million per year, and likely enjoying it much more.

Norman Solberg
International lawyer, lately for 25 years in Japan, now working on trusts in the US, the 3rd greatest tax haven. NRA Life Member for over 50 years, NRA Endowment (2014), Patron (2016).
B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B

I just read the whole transcript and you are right. On short tv interviews you live or die by your soundbites. Hard to remember long and repeated talking points. Cruz has answered the question more clearly in the past.

Ted Cruz 2011: “The Constitution protects birthright citizenship for illegals and it’s a mistake for conservatives to spend time fighting it.”

Ted Cruz 2015: “We should end granting automatic birthright citizenship to the children of those who are here illegally.” When pressed on whether a change to the Constitution to end birthright citizenship would be realistic, Cruz said: “I think it is possible, but any constitutional amendment by its nature is difficult to achieve.”

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana

Absolutely!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
People don't like to hear the truth. Fantasy is much easier to accept.

M
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
M
Originally Posted by jorgeI
Originally Posted by Bristoe
Trump knows what he's going to do about it.

No he doesn't. The man is one huge hyberbole machine...

Sizzle to steak ratio.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Works for me

Originally Posted by 700LH
[Linked Image]

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire 'Bwana
Online Content
Campfire 'Bwana
i hope he uses protection.

God bless Texas-----------------------
Old 300
I will remain what i am until the day I die- A HUNTER......Sitting Bull
Its not how you pick the booger..
but where you put it !!
Roger V Hunter
G
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
G
I think Megyn is hot...and smart...and takes her orders from Rupert Murdoch.

At $6,000,000 a year and I'd his follow orders too.

Therein lies the media problem...in a nutshell.

B
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
B
People don't like to hear the truth. Fantasy is much easier to accept.

We are getting a double dose of that these days.

Leo of the Land of Dyr

NRA FOR LIFE

I MISS SARAH

Page 6 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

579 members (007FJ, 204guy, 1936M71, 1lessdog, 160user, 61 invisible), 2,303 guests, and 1,317 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,192,071
Posts18,482,609
Members73,959
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.