-->
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Hop To
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Renowned Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio graciously challenged 2016 GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump to accompany him on a trip to Mexico so that they together can once and for all resolve our illegal immigration crisis.

“I want to go (to Mexico) with Trump so I try and — this will be a big, big important step for him to get there and talk to the — the government probably won’t meet him, so I’m hoping he can get a group of business people,” the Arizona sheriff said during a two-hour interview with Breitbart News.

The goal would be to “make a deal,” something that Trump has a God-given talent for doing.

“I’m just a little old sheriff, but that’s how you do it — negotiations,” he added.

Arpoi then pointed to the way in which former President Richard Nixon negotiated during Operation Intercept to force the Mexican government to start taking domestic drug production seriously.

Likewise, a brilliant business professional like Donald Trump could conceivably work out something with the Mexican government. It would sure beat what the other candidates are doing, which is spouting off meaningless rhetoric about securing the border.

“All these politicians, they say the same thing … everybody talks,” Arpaio explained. “‘We’re going to do something, we’re going to do something, we’re going to put up the wall.'”

Their rhetoric rarely translates into concrete action. The sheriff is confident, however, that Trump would actually do what he promises, though he is concerned about the prospect of Trump eventually bowing out of the race.

“The only thing I’m concerned about — I’m not concerned whether he can do the job, he can. I’m concerned about him dropping out,” the sheriff told Breitbart. “That’s what I’m concerned about.”

That would indeed be a shame if Trump were to bow out, but the way things are going right now, it appears much more likely that he will wind up being the GOP presidential nominee instead.

Son of a liberal: " What did you do in the War On Terror, Daddy?"

Liberal father: " I fought the Americans, along with all the other liberals."

MOLON LABE

GB1

J
Campfire Regular
Campfire Regular
J
Two publicity-obsessed narcissists. What could possibly go wrong?

John

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
What could possibly go wrong?

You mean like keeping illegals out and my tax money in my pocket?

MOLON LABE

byc Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Campfire 'Bwana
I'm convinced he's gonna be the nomination as well. However, as Party number 3 and still win.

Tag this post boys because I'm hearing tons of Dem's who say they would vote for him were he not GOP.

Do you really believe the Dem's are any less enthused with their choices?

Comon! Everyone wants to be part of The Donald. The time is right!!

Proud to be a true Sandlapper!!

Go Nats!!!!

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
The time is right!!

There's a new slogan. Have you sent it to Donald? grin

MOLON LABE

IC B2

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Tag this post boys because I'm hearing tons of Dem's who say they would vote for him were he not GOP.

A bunch of BS, I say. They will either vote for Him or not. I say they are trying to get him out of the GOP to lessen his chances of winning. miles

Look out for number 1, don't step in number 2.
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by byc
I'm convinced he's gonna be the nomination as well. However, as Party number 3 and still win.

Book Tag it!!!!

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Originally Posted by watch4bear
What could possibly go wrong?

You mean like keeping illegals out and my tax money in my pocket?
No like Trump going down there and getting assassinated. Why the [bleep] does Sheriff Joe want him to go down there right now without any official standing? Right when Trump is busy with his campaign. It just looks like trouble to me. OTOH, if Trump somehow pulled something significant off, [bleep] both parties. He could damn sure win on any party he wanted to, or no party.

Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger
Originally Posted by byc

George Wallace was wildly popular in the South in '68. His 3rd Party run gave the Election to Nixon.

People were sporting boners over H. Ross Perot in '92 and that gave us Clinton. 24 years later we are still suffering from the Clintons.

That is your 3rd Party legacy. You can dream all you want, but what happens if the 3rd can date actually wins? Dens won't support his agenda and either will the GOP. He can't get schitt done.

Third Party will guarantee a Leftist victory. If that's what you want, it's a sure thing.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo
Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna
Sheriff Joe's time has passed.

He's just grasping at headlines now.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
IC B3

Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
Originally Posted by rockinbbar

This is what I imagine their trip looking like....

[Linked Image]

Originally Posted by SBTCO
your flippant remarks which you so adeptly sling
Campfire Ranger
Campfire Ranger

You've inadvertently summed up his entire career as Sheriff of Maricopa County.

He was more in his element in his previous job, as an employee of a travel agency, selling trips to the moon (true fact).

Sycamore

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....
Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana

The first in the country to enforce the law regardless of what the feds said, and ya'll throw him under the bus. This country is toast.

MOLON LABE

Campfire Kahuna
Campfire Kahuna

The first in the country to enforce the law regardless of what the feds said, and ya'll throw him under the bus. This country is toast.

Not really.

I've agreed with most of what he has done. Not all, but most.

Maybe it's time for someone that isn't such a lightning rod to get passed the torch.

Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla!
P
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
P
Renowned Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio graciously challenged 2016 GOP presidential candidate Donald Trump to accompany him on a trip to Mexico so that they together can once and for all resolve our illegal immigration crisis.

“I want to go (to Mexico) with Trump so I try and — this will be a big, big important step for him to get there and talk to the — the government probably won’t meet him, so I’m hoping he can get a group of business people,” the Arizona sheriff said during a two-hour interview with Breitbart News.

If the government won't talk to him who will? Drug cartels? What a stupid idea.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
Maybe it's time for someone that isn't such a lightning rod to get passed the torch.

Gotcha. Someone who cares about the safety of crossing illegals through the desert maybe?

MOLON LABE

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
While drugs cartels are business people; I think he is referring to other imports.

MOLON LABE

D
Campfire Outfitter
Campfire Outfitter
D

He has had some effect on illegals but all the other schitt he has pulled is far worse than any good he has done.

NRA Benefactor Member

Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

Campfire 'Bwana
OP Offline
Campfire 'Bwana
He has had some effect on illegals but all the other schitt he has pulled is far worse than any good he has done.

Yet he's still Sherriff( re-elected every year). I wonder how the media paints him, and how many swallow their line? grin

MOLON LABE

Moderated by  RickBin 

Link Copied to Clipboard
AX24

434 members (1badf350, 1eyedmule, 10gaugemag, 17CalFan, 204guy, 12344mag, 53 invisible), 2,637 guests, and 1,342 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums81
Topics1,191,491
Posts18,472,005
Members73,936
Most Online11,491
Jul 7th, 2023

Fish & Game Departments | Solunar Tables | Mission Statement | Privacy Policy | Contact Us | DMCA
Hunting | Fishing | Camping | Backpacking | Reloading | Campfire Forums | Gear Shop
Copyright © 2000-2024 24hourcampfire.com, Inc. All Rights Reserved.